#1 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Good game.
http://www.newegg.co...-74330037-L021B

http://www.newegg.co...-79333055-L021A

Sorry for the long links, posting from my phone.

#2 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

Fuck yeah. thanks op
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#3 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Not worth more than $20 imo, bought it used from gamestop finished within 3 days. Of course I took it back!

There's only 5 stages excluding the prologue. Sure the soundtrack and costumes are great but I didn't see myself replaying it...

See no more heroes and Shadows of the damned if you enjoyed this title

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

I just saw this in my e-mail but you beat me too it. Nice price for those interested in buying new and supporting the developer.

#5 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

sounds good to me. i bought heavenly sword on release day for 60, finished it in 6 hrs and have kept it to this day because i liked it so much, even though i haven't played it since. multiple skin options gives this more than enough replayability for me.

now playing:

#6 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

ps3 http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879333055

360 http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874330037

links =)

now playing:

#7 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Thanks op. Great price but I'd rather get it at BB. Hopefully they have it for the same price soon.

#8 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:38 AM

if u consider i got scv and ssx for 20 from bb,
then
lollipop (40) + scv (10)+ ssx (10) = $60,
$60/3 games= $20 each

cag math :lol:, lol thats how my mind works when i need to justify spending.

Not worth more than $20 imo, bought it used from gamestop finished within 3 days. Of course I took it back!

now playing:

#9 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

Gonna wait for it to keep tanking.

#10 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

2 months from now, we will be talking about a sale at BB for $10. Thanks OP, but I'll have to pass on this deal for now.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#11 ZaPpA_721

ZaPpA_721

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Thanks op. Great price but I'd rather get it at BB. Hopefully they have it for the same price soon.

On the same boat as you. Got a $20 reward certificate waiting to be used.

#12 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

No excuse not to get this not....support Grasshopper so we get more titles like this. You cheap bastards. :)

#13 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

I played it, and I don't want more titles like this.
Posted Image

#14 segasaturnsnk

segasaturnsnk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

This game is real random, open out there, and you def. need a sense of humor to enjoy this. Seems like everyone and their mothers have sticks and brooms up their asses when they played this game.

40 is great but like others said, it's a real short game. Got it used at Gamestop the other day, I'm enjoying it so far. Take your time with it and enjoy it. I def. recommend it if you want something DIFFERENT but the gameplay isn't amazing or anything. I mainly love the story, characters, and the randomness it brings.
Posted Image

#15 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

As much as I want to play this game, can't justify $40 for such a short game. But I will definitely buy it at $25 or less.

#16 starscream615

starscream615

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I paid $45 for this game and don't regret it at all.

#17 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Dang, that was a fast drop. It will go lower, though. I'll bite at $20, maybe $25.

#18 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

I'll bite at $10 or less. It was fun, but I beat it in a rental. Not even a full term rental, either, I think I beat it in four or five hours.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Pretty fun game. I don't regret it paying $45 for the game. Too bad from the looks of it there won't be any dlc for the pre-order costume since I want that Ash costume. From my recording records, took me about 6 hours to finish. I have no idea where people are getting 4 hours to play this game.

#20 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Pretty fun game. I don't regret it paying $45 for the game. Too bad from the looks of it there won't be any dlc for the pre-order costume since I want that Ash costume. From my recording records, took me about 6 hours to finish. I have no idea where people are getting 4 hours to play this game.

Unlike my work schedule, some people here can play video games more than 2 hours a day. Since I hear it's short, I would have to agree and wait for the $20 mark.

#21 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Unlike my work schedule, some people here can play video games more than 2 hours a day. Since I hear it's short, I would have to agree and wait for the $20 mark.

Or like some people here "I won't buy it till it's $20 so I can throw in my backlog"

and Yes, I am one of those people.

#22 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

I don't either.
Fantastic game. Pretty good, just like most Suda/Grasshopper games.

#23 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I don't either.
Fantastic game. Pretty good, just like most Suda/Grasshopper games.

I agree, I paid 45 for it too and honestly got my monies worth after the first stage. I was laughing so hard at a few lines of the dialog too. I like the idea of more score attack type games as well. The art style is great, voice acting is great, combat system is great, soundtrack is great. The game is just all around a good buy, I love it. I can see myself replaying this more than Devil May Cry honestly, just because of the score attack style of the game.

That's not to say it's perfect though, it does have a few rough edges. The game starts really slow and you feel really restricted in the combat until you purchase a lot of the extended combos from the store. Once you get your extended combos all figured out and get a grasp on the combat system and what attacks can be chained with others or jump canceled then the combat really starts to flow fast.

I would have paid 60 for this and not regretted it, it's just that good to me. Not enough games like this either, so I really wanted to support it and hope it gets a sequel someday too.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#24 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

I don't even like hack-and-slash/beat-em-ups for the most part, but I thought the game was a blast, played it like crazy for a week or so (and I will probably go back to it at some point), and laughed out loud a bunch of times.

It's a little short (maybe 6-7 hours first playthrough), but it does have a lot of replay value if you like it. There are a few different modes/goals that make it worth replaying (there's a separate online ranking mode where you can go for 3 different types of goals for each level...as well as a fake "high score" list in the single player campaign where you get unlockables...and trophies/achievements...for getting the high score)...and there are tons of unlockables (like costumes) that will take a lot of playing to earn enough coins to buy. Totally worth the $45 I paid for it.

#25 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

Got it for PS3 at launch. It killed my launch fatty PS3 (YLOD) while playing. Ok, it didn't... the PS3 was about to die anyway. ;) I need to find a cheaper copy for my 360. Can't justify paying for the game twice at high prices. The game is pretty good. It's a goofy hack n slash game, so you gotta appreciate the goofiness and humor to like it. I played a lot of hack n slash games and I enjoyed this one even though the combat is a bit slow and easy for my taste... which are Ninja Gaiden series and Bayonetta. Even Castlevania Lord of Shawdows and Dante's Inferno got my attention, but not God of War series. :P

#26 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Maybe I should give this another chance. I got this for PS3 on release, opened it up pop it in once and the screen tearing or whatever it's called on the opening movie turned me off so much I only played actual combat for maybe 15 minutes. Haven't touched it since. It just irks me so and I don't want to put it back in. Dam OCD won't let me enjoy anything else about it, which I'm sure is there.

#27 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

Maybe I should give this another chance. I got this for PS3 on release, opened it up pop it in once and the screen tearing or whatever it's called on the opening movie turned me off so much I only played actual combat for maybe 15 minutes. Haven't touched it since.

Yeah, the PS3 version has more screen tearing but it's only during the cinemas. During game, I didn't see much. If screen tearing really annoys you, you probably better off with the 360 version as that has pretty much none. On multiplatform Unreal engine games, 360 is 90% the less graphically flawed one.

#28 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Trying to decide between 360 or PS3

#29 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yeah, the PS3 version has more screen tearing but it's only during the cinemas. During game, I didn't see much. If screen tearing really annoys you, you probably better off with the 360 version as that has pretty much none. On multiplatform Unreal engine games, 360 is 90% the less graphically flawed one.

Yeah I didn't notice any during actual gameplay either, but it still annoys the hell out of me. Sad part is I had a preorder on both platforms but ended up going with the PS3 since the majority said Shadows of the Damn was slightly better on the PS3.

#30 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'll bite at $30.00

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png