Lollipop Chainsaw 39.99 fs Newegg

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

This game is Campy goodness. Her younger sister is a wacko and I though the funniest character. I did not quite get the dram thing with the mother at end with the very last scene. I should probably Google that or pay more attention.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#32 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

anyone here who pays > $20 for this game is not a true CAG

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#33 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:36 PM

Didn't this game come out in June?

It's still June.........

#34 Hakudoshi

Hakudoshi

20% Cooler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

While in most cases I would somewhat agree with you, sort of... I have to disagree in this case.

If everyone waited to pay under $20 for games, we wouldn't ever get any good games anymore. Small companies who make good games just wouldn't exist. Developers need to be supported to produce content after all.

A lot of good games go completely unsupported and unnoticed because people wait for price drops. Everyone waiting on price drops gives a false illusion to the company who made it that the game was bad or they had bad marketing strategies. When in reality they had a good game and good marketing, but everyone was too cheap to buy the game that they knew was worth it.

While I do like to buy games at discounts and get good deals, which is what this forum is all about. I do sometimes buy games at retail prices when I want to support the franchise or just make sure a developer gets the money I think they deserve for a game that I enjoyed.
Rainbow Dash - Applejack - Twilight Sparkle - Fluttershy - Pinkie Pie - Rarity - Celestia - Luna - Derpy Hooves - Vinyl Scratch - Lyra Heartstrings

#35 jello44

jello44

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

I care not for your "rules".

I paid 45 dollars (using credit) for it and I enjoyed it, that's all that fucking matters.

While in most cases I would somewhat agree with you, sort of... I have to disagree in this case.

If everyone waited to pay under $20 for games, we wouldn't ever get any good games anymore. Small companies who make good games just wouldn't exist. Developers need to be supported to produce content after all.

A lot of good games go completely unsupported and unnoticed because people wait for price drops. Everyone waiting on price drops gives a false illusion to the company who made it that the game was bad or they had bad marketing strategies. When in reality they had a good game and good marketing, but everyone was too cheap to buy the game that they knew was worth it.

While I do like to buy games at discounts and get good deals, which is what this forum is all about. I do sometimes buy games at retail prices when I want to support the franchise or just make sure a developer gets the money I think they deserve for a game that I enjoyed.

+1

72768.png

#36 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Couldn't resist -- this one was on my radar for so long. A fan of Suda51. Picked it up at launch @ TRU and loved it! Reminded me a lot of God Hand (in its ridiculousness and wacky combat, and yes, I loved God Hand -- one of my favorite games).

The combat elements are admittedly a tad shallow but Gunn's writing is spot-on at times. I mean, Nick's lines are off the wall and Juliet is in a class of her own. While the game plays up the sex appeal, it does it in a way that is remarkably unlike what you might expect. It's far less in-your-face and the game earns greater credit for doing so.

Easily among the most enjoyable games I've played over the past few years.

And while I understand those who will complain about the length of the game relative to the cost, I have to disagree about LC being short. Any longer and I think the developers knew Juliet would overstay her welcome. The 7-9 hours is a tightly packed gaming experience. IMHO, LC is a great game that deserves your gaming dollars.

While it's unlikely, it would be awesome for Suda51 and Gunn to get another crack at Juliet and her world. Still, even if that doesn't happen, I'm glad the WB supported the game as it did. LC is one of the better new IPs this generation.

#37 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

Couldn't resist -- this one was on my radar for so long. A fan of Suda51. Picked it up at launch @ TRU and loved it! Reminded me a lot of God Hand (in its ridiculousness and wacky combat, and yes, I loved God Hand -- one of my favorite games).

The combat elements are admittedly a tad shallow but Gunn's writing is spot-on at times. I mean, Nick's lines are off the wall and Juliet is in a class of her own. While the game plays up the sex appeal, it does it in a way that is remarkably unlike what you might expect. It's far less in-your-face and the game earns greater credit for doing so.

Easily among the most enjoyable games I've played over the past few years.

This game has nothing on god hand, the length and depth of moves you can do in this game compares in no way

It was nice seeing the high school of the dead costumes and all... I didn't see myself replaying it with that huge backlog. My 1st run was with hard mode btw, the difficulty just doesn't compare to other action games out there. Some to name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black, NG Sigma, Dynasty Warriors 7, DW Gundam 3)

Short story don't buy this game now if you got that backlog! Because you know it's only going to drop even more! After racking up games from bestbuy deals of the day and Amazon deals, who doesn't have a backlog?

Just reminded myself I need to start playing Red dead GOTY, and ICO HD collection which I picked up from Amazon for $20 both each recently...

:rofl:

Here's one from IGN

Edited by CaoPi, 27 June 2012 - 06:13 AM.

#38 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

Short story don't buy this game now if you got that backlog! Because you know it's only going to drop even more! After racking up games from bestbuy deals of the day and Amazon deals, who doesn't have a backlog?

I don't. I used to be like you and a lot of CAGs with large backlog, buying everything that's cheap. After playing through those game,I felt I wasted a lot of time playing average to crappy games that just weren't fun. Some even felt like chores like a lot of repetitive shooters that are more alike than different. Now I just buy games I enjoy and have fun getting better at them like the good old days.

#39 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

This game has nothing on god hand, the length and depth of moves you can do in this game compares in no way

It was nice seeing the high school of the dead costumes and all... I didn't see myself replaying it with that huge backlog. My 1st run was with hard mode btw, the difficulty just doesn't compare to other action games out there. Some to name (Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden Black, NG Sigma, Dynasty Warriors 7, DW Gundam 3)

Just reminded myself I need to start playing Red dead GOTY, and ICO HD collection which I picked up from Amazon for $20 both each recently...

:rofl:

Here's one from IGN

Are you serious ign? Complaining about a character that's a blonde teenage cheerleader in high school being to stupid and annoying? Wtf kind of personality were they expecting her to have? That has to be ond of the most stupid video review comments I've ever seen.

#40 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

Are you serious ign? Complaining about a character that's a blonde teenage cheerleader in high school being to stupid and annoying? Wtf kind of personality were they expecting her to have? That has to be ond of the most stupid video review comments I've ever seen.

it's IGN dude, so much seriousness

#41 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

I don't. I used to be like you and a lot of CAGs with large backlog, buying everything that's cheap. After playing through those game,I felt I wasted a lot of time playing average to crappy games that just weren't fun. Some even felt like chores like a lot of repetitive shooters that are more alike than different. Now I just buy games I enjoy and have fun getting better at them like the good old days.

Lollipop Chainsaw is repetitive along with no more heroes and Shadows of the damned. If you think rdr, ICO/SOTC, SH downpour are average to crappy games you must have no tastes....Also there are better games out there with killing zombies like dead island and Dead Rising 2.

CaoPi did mention he was going to play those games, not to flip them!

But Yeah I gotta agree with others here, just wait for this game to drop more!

PS If your playing this game for the hot chick you really need to get some....

;)

Edited by DuffHomer, 27 June 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#42 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

So, in summary:
"I love this game. It was a blast and was hilarious. I don't regret buying it on release day at $45-60"
"This game sucks. It's short. Seriously, I wouldn't spend $20 on it."
"There's replay value and I feel I've gotten my money's worth."
"You're not part of my cool club 'cause you spent over $20 on a game."
"I don't mind spending over $20 to support small developers who put out original content."
"Dude, everything they've done sucks."
"No it doesn't."
"Dude, this game's not nearly as good as Devil May Cry."
"Uhhmm...ya, it's not supposed to be. It's kind of campy and tongue-in-cheek. That's the point."
"You have no taste. Seriously people, don't buy this game!"
"YOU have no taste. Seriously people, check it out. It's a great game!"

Did I miss anything? So, I think it's completely obvious what anyone who's still on the fence should do :D

#43 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.

#44 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Big fan of the game. Played through it the first time. I've played through like 40% of it on a second play through and also randomly did lie 25% on very hard. I like the story, humor, style, etc, but the actual gameplay didn't start picking up until probably half way or so through the first play through. (I was stupid and saved up for like the one big attack that costs 750 instead of buying the smaller ones). The earning the points to get a high score seem pretty fun so far. I see myself finishing off the rest of the game on a 2nd play through and then do a few more of the other random things to get some of the cheevos. Maybe I am a bad judge of games sometimes. My favorite games of the last few years include the likes of Deadly Premonition, Nier, Catherine and this. There are more of course, but these are games that got mixed reviews or worse.

Bravo sir, well done. Love those three. :applause:

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#45 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

I love Suda, but I'd rather not support James Gunn or Mindless Self Indulgence.

Maybe next time, Grasshopper.

#46 fezlopez

fezlopez

Jill Valentine's BF

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

Looking at the the game and sudden price drop for sales, this game will be just like those others that hit the $20 mark. Very few games stay above $20 after time, like Forza 4 and Lost Odyssey.
Hmmmmm, hamburgers......

#47 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

The thing is that gaming is subjective. Everyone's going to have a different experience with a game. Some people are going to love it, some people are going to hate it. Some people can overlook flaws other people can't. A lot of people add to the bias by trashing a game they've never even tried based on hearsay or a youtube clip.

I, too, often find myself disagreeing with reviews and really enjoying games most other gamers seem to trash. But who cares what other people say *shrug* If you get something out of a game that other players don't, it's your gain.

#48 Action Bastard

Action Bastard

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

Here's one from IGN

If your basing your judgment of how good a game is by what IGN says, then you've missed a ton of great games the past few years.
Here is a more honest review of it

I'll pick it up... when it drops down to $5.

Be sure to come back in Dec-Jan and tell us what you thought about the game :lol:

#49 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

Big NMH fan and general action game fan here:
The high point of the game for me was the boss fights, which are big changes from the standard gameplay and generally impressive. If you like boss fights I'd say fighting the hippie chick Mariska (right?) would probably be worth the price of admission.
Also the music is outstanding.

That being said, the story/dialogue/characters are all pretty terrible. that may have been intentional, but it does not help the game in my eyes. The combat is stilted which appears to be intentional as well. The quick pom-pom attacks are focused on individual enemies and slow, heavy chainsaw swings are not. In addition cancelling attacks with dodges appears inconsistent: You can canccel pom-pom chains and chainsaw chains, but not pom-pom TO chainsaw chains. Combat does open up late-game when you get more combo abilities, though.

If I'm being completely honest, though, the main reason I was let down is because my hopes were so high. It is mediocre, not a train wreck. If I came into this game blind I probably would have been fine with it, but that's what happens when you advertise a game on the strength of a well-known industry name.

#50 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

I've learned to just ignore the reviews and haters and just enjoy the damn fun game. I got way more fun and enjoyment out of the $45 I spent for this game than I do with any Call of Duty or crap like that. :D

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#51 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Same here. Those so called AAA titles don't even interest me anymore.

#52 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

I think CaoPi's intention was too piss you guys off. Also it's IGN, their reviews are for laughs, look at how many dislikes there are! I'm guessing they played the game for about 2 hours and reviewed?

This thread sure shows how much people are SALLLLTYY about other's opinions of games. $40 may not be much when your sleeping in your mom's basement but, there's other things to pay for in life....

#53 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'm enjoying the game, I didn't pay $40 for it; but close to that. It reminds me of a classic brawler more than a Bayonetta or DMC.

#54 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

I think CaoPi's intention was too piss you guys off. Also it's IGN, their reviews are for laughs, look at how many dislikes there are! I'm guessing they played the game for about 2 hours and reviewed?

This thread sure shows how much people are SALLLLTYY about other's opinions of games. $40 may not be much when your sleeping in your mom's basement but, there's other things to pay for in life....

I have my own house, a wife, a career, a car, and a family like many ppl on here do. How about you?

#55 Kingrodedog

Kingrodedog

Wants to watch the world burn...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Soooo tempting at $40.... I think I'll wait just a bit longer.

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13