Photo
- - - - -

(PS3) Resonance of Fate $21.49 on Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

One of my favorite RPGs this gen. Loved the weapon customization and battle system.

Eligible for prime, sold by third party, great game!

http://www.amazon.co...=A2OUBUNXBRLM1J

Edited by DuffHomer, 27 June 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#2 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

One of my favorites as well. I'm all about deals but I can honestly say this was 60 bucks I don't regret. Very excellent and often underrated title.
Posted Image

#3 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Its been under 20$ quite a few times (think I bought it last year for that), not a bad game, definitely not great either.

The combat is unique and pretty cool, however it gets stale alot quicker than most rpgs combat.

#4 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

This is a game with a ton of problems, why can't people just be fucking honest for once about JRPGs? They aren't all diamonds in the rough.

If you love it, that's wonderful. On a site with people who never touch their backlogs, however, it feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations.

$21? Christ...

#5 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

This is a game with a ton of problems, why can't people just be fucking honest for once about JRPGs? They aren't all diamonds in the rough.

If you love it, that's wonderful. On a site with people who never touch their backlogs, however, it feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations.

$21? Christ...

How are they not being honest when they are just stating an opinion. People can love bad games and people can hate good game. Just cause a game isn't in your $10 price range doesn't mean it's a deal.

Personally I enjoyed the game a lot. I loved the unique combat system and customization but story is basically non-existent. There is also a learning curve into the game so it's definitely not for everyone (even rpg lovers) as if you don't get the combat, you will not like the game at all.

Now on to the deal, it alright. Like DCM said it has been under $20 before. Not on amazon (used but not new) but on Newegg for 15.99.

#6 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

$21? Christ...

It's extremely unique. That alone earns it a lot of credit. Those that actually stick with it long enough to fully understand the battle system are rewarded with an extremely... rewarding (yes I used it twice) experience. You're right, it isn't a diamond in the rough. It's just a diamond.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#7 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

My friends and I had a blast playing this and making fun of the ridiculousness of this game.

#8 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

$21? Christ...

Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn, not sure why u feel the need to get that "serious" with someone posting about a game.
"It feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations"? seriously? haha do we need to have in-depth reviews for every $5 DOTD game from bestbuy?

With that said, $21 isn't a great price though. :lol:

#9 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

$21? Christ...

Go play your shiny and smooth Final Fantasy 13 and revel in its complexity and amazing structure...meanwhile the rest of us will be appreciating the unappreciated and underrated titles.

We aren't in denial...you give me 5 reasons why it's a horrible game and I'll give you 5 why it's amazing. If you don't like the damn game and can't enjoy it for being different and complex just go elsewhere.

#10 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

Picked it up in the last B2G1 GS sale, mainly because I'm running out of games I actually want. Haven't gotten to it, but will one of these days.
Posted Image

#11 LD_Helix

LD_Helix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

$21? Christ...

Your Fucking right! this game is hard as hell and doesn't hold your hands, completely different from ANY RPG I've ever played, and it doesn't have a annoying sidekick character!

Oh wait that's what I liked about the game.....

Uh...well Haters Gonna Hate!

#12 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Who pissed in your cereal this morning? Damn, not sure why u feel the need to get that "serious" with someone posting about a game.
"It feels wrong to post a deal with such shallow recommendations"? seriously? haha do we need to have in-depth reviews for every $5 DOTD game from bestbuy?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#13 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

if you can find if, kmart should have it for around $12

#14 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:31 AM

Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and WKC are my top JRPGs this gen.

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Seeing that Amazon will start to charge tax beginning July 1st (If I remember correctly), I might as well bite.

#16 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, and Star Ocean 4 are my top JRPGs this gen.

That was not a troll. You just had to many valid counter arguments to deal with! =P

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#17 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Nah man really I was just pulling legs. Just thinking of RoF's hex dungeons and engrossing sidequests gives me a JRPG hard-on.

#18 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:42 AM

Seeing that Amazon will start to charge tax beginning July 1st (If I remember correctly), I might as well bite.

really? on all states?

#19 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

This is one of those games that people think is hard because they don't do the tutorials. Also, once you figure out gun customization this game becomes a breeze. Pretty fun game.

#20 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

really? on all states?

At least in Cali.

#21 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Isn't this the game with random huge difficulty spikes?

Man you people are cheap.

#22 EruptionZ

EruptionZ

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

it is currently $16.9 in playasia weekly deal (free shipping for order $25++)

http://www.play-asia...en-70-3fyr.html

#23 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Was trolling man, relax. RoF, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and WKC are my top JRPGs this gen.

Okay, now i'm relaxed. Damn it, i was tensed all afternoon.

#24 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:54 AM

Isn't this the game with random huge difficulty spikes?

They're not random, but by level. Not to say that difficulty doesn't spike though.:lol:

On the brightside, there's an arena that makes the grinding easier.

Game is fun as hell though. $20 isn't a deal because it's been cheaper, but well worth it. I must've gotten at least 150 hours on it.

#25 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

Damn you..haha and don't forget Lost Odyssey.

#26 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:49 AM

This article sums up everything about RoF:

http://kotaku.com/59...rst-impressions

Worst first impression of any game I've ever played. Tri-Ace games in general have this problem. You can't create a game, with possibly the most complex battle/weapon system I've ever personally seen, and just expect people to understand it with no comprehensible tutorial system.

Bottom line...if you play games for fun, avoid this. If you enjoy being extremely frustrated, this game will be the best you've ever played.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Maybe you've heard of me? Tyler H. Mormon City, All American? Four touchdowns in one game?

#27 unwittytitle

unwittytitle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

360 version- like new for $9.99 + shipping

http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

#28 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

I hate the 360 controls for RPGs....

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#29 Roll

Roll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

It's been this price for a long time, not really a deal...

The game is good but it has its many flaws. Combat system is very unique. I got about 10 hours into it, but then stopped because I got kind of bored. I'll finish it someday.

#30 Nightclam

Nightclam

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

This one is very unique. I love the gun customization and even the whole outfit/clothes stuff is cool. But, this can be a pretty challenging game at times. I play it in spurts and I think I'm about halfway through it... Can be fun, can be real frustrating!