CAGcast #288: The Outstanding Mulk

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]Cheapy and Wombat talk Lego Batman 2, Mass Effect 3 extended endings (spoilers), 3DS XL, and much more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]197[/podcast]
Download - 1 hour 6 minutes, 39MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Get your free audiobook at Audible!
[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Girl Talk

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, Cheapy? Really? Go into full talks of the ending for Mass Effect 3 without saving it to the end or giving spoiler alert notification, instead opting for first 25 minutes? Could've at least said "We're going into spoiler territory now so fast forward!" or save it to the end like you normally do with roundtable discussions, but you just goddamn go for it instead of what I thought was just going to be general feeling or consensus without dwelling too deeply into it. Really?

After that I was done with this episode (26:53 in). I'm CAG so I was hoping to play the game when it's on the cheap and judge the ending when no one else is talking about it everywhere...Instead, yeah.

I didn't have to opt-in for the Chrome thing on my iPhone, I just accepted the terms without checking the box

And yeah, totally skipped the ME3 talk lol. I havent even played the game

[quote name='bardockkun']Really, Cheapy? Really? Go into full talks of the ending for Mass Effect 3 without saving it to the end or giving spoiler alert notification, instead opting for first 25 minutes? Could've at least said "We're going into spoiler territory now so fast forward!" or save it to the end like you normally do with roundtable discussions, but you just goddamn go for it instead of what I thought was just going to be general feeling or consensus without dwelling too deeply into it. Really?

After that I was done with this episode (26:53 in). I'm CAG so I was hoping to play the game when it's on the cheap and judge the ending when no one else is talking about it everywhere...Instead, yeah.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks for the heads up.

Ugh, sorry about that. I'm uploading a new version which clearly gives a warning beforehand and advises to skip ahead to the 29 minute mark. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I guess I'm no longer eligible for the Infallible Award of Excellence. See, this is why we need Shipwreck.

EDIT: File has been replaced and spoilers are clearly marked. Again, my apologies.

[quote name='killthemall4444']Wow. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]
I'm just glad someone was able to heed my bitching before listening and thanks to Wombat for at least trying to be discreet. Now I'm just...pretty damn pissed at a podcast, which is a first time.

Hmmm - I've played ME3 but not the extended cut yet. I'm wondering how much I'll be spoiled given those circumstances. According to my son who played the new stuff they didn't do anything to the ending - not sure if I can believe him though ;).

I actually am pro-standing desk, since it does break from the tedium of sitting all day long. I would rather get one with a hand crank, since my arms don't get that much exercise as I would like.

I guess I listened to the first version of this week's podcast. Cheapy and Wombat were talking about the new ending to Mass Effect 3, being vague I thought, as they talked about a "green option" or "red option". To me who haven't played ME3 yet meant nothing, then Cheapy out of nowhere drops a pretty big spoiler without warning.

I'm glad you've edited the podcast Cheapy. Sucks I had to have that spoiled though.

Looking forward to listening on my way back from work. :)

First post of mine. Just started listening to the podcast beginning of this year.
Great podcast and always a laugh.

Cheapy: Ignore the haters! I wish I could have a standing desk. I nearly hurt myself laughing when you talked about the shame of lowering the desk to masturbate, haha. You're well on your way to another douchebag of the year award with that blimp joke though.

Wombat: I've been meaning to ask if you if, since getting the iPhone, you've come closer to Cheapy's point of view about mobile phone gaming replacing dedicated handhelds. The fact that you're definitely in the market for a 3DS would seem to indicate that you're position remains unchanged. I'm going to have to buy a 3DS or a Vita myself soon, since I'm about to gain a much longer commute than I have currently.

I think that phone games are great for when you're sitting on the pot or just have a brief wait. But if you've got half an hour or so and want a deeper gaming experience, you still need a dedicated handheld.

Cheapy, if you want an excuse to turn on your Vita before Foosball hits you should try the PS Mini Velocity. It's a super fun little game and it's free if you've got PS+ (can't remember from listening if you still have it or not). Seriously, it's awesome. It looks really nice on the Vita too.

Then again, I thought Super 8 was really good so maybe you shouldn't listen to any of my advice.

Sorry to hear about your grandma Ship, wishes going out to you and your family.

I was afraid seeing just Cheapy and Wombat on this show. I had to double check the time on the podcast and see if they didn't go fully old school and only have a 20 minute podcast. Whew...

I liked Super 8.

I still have a 2-DVD plan from NetFlix and I find that works pretty well for seeing all the major movies, although the wait for certain things can be really long. I only just got the first disc of Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 8 yesterday.

sigh.....you guise. NFL Package on DTV allows you to input all your players and can watch in on your tv. I even think the app on the PS3 allows for that.

cmon, man!

[quote name='The_Darkest_Red']Cheapy, if you want an excuse to turn on your Vita before Foosball hits you should try the PS Mini Velocity. It's a super fun little game and it's free if you've got PS+ (can't remember from listening if you still have it or not). Seriously, it's awesome. It looks really nice on the Vita too.

Then again, I thought Super 8 was really good so maybe you shouldn't listen to any of my advice.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't find this game on the PS store on the vita. . . is it under a different name?

Cheapy, I still find it crazy that you do little to no cooking. Would your diet benefit from healthy meal preparation? At the very least it's got to be kinder on the wallet. I've started working on a more healthy lifestyle, and cooking has really helped. I know exactly what is going into my body, and I have full control.

In either case, it's excellent hearing about weight loss progress. Keep up the good work. It oddly keeps me motivated in my own weight loss goals.

I recently got a fitbit as a father's day gift and I find it incredibly motivating. I had a regular pedometer that i used daily prior to the fitbit, which I would usually log in 10,000 to 12,000 steps per day. Since i got the fitbit I am averaging close to 17,000 steps (it would be higher but it's been pretty hot here lately). I have also used the website to track my weight, food intake, water intake, and sleep. Since father's day i have lost 5 pounds (2 1/2lbs. per week).

3:30 Streaming PC stuff
5:00 PC gaming vs Xbox
8:15 Watch This
12:15 Show Feedback
12:45 Romance of the Three Kingdoms stuff
13:30 Standing Desks
17:45 Fitbit
21:00 New releases
21:15 Amazing Spider-man
23:15 Spec Ops: The Line
24:00 Skyrim: Dawnguard
25:00 Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut
29:00 Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
29:15 Walking Dead: Episode 2
33:00 Lego Batman II
39:45 Hitman: Absolution
40:30 Conan
42:30 Radical Entertainment closure
45:45 3DS XL
50:00 Nintendo's eshop 8-bit Summer
50:45 Playstation Plus freebies
51:45 PS Vita
52:30 Kinect App, get Haunt for free. Sales & Specials app
55:00 Monsters Ate My Condo
56:30 Sim City Social
57:00 Nexus Q
60:00 Best E3 swag

Cheapie is in his honeymoon period with his desk.

His love for standing will diminish over the upcoming months and then level off.

What will probably happen is he'll notice new aches and pains associated with standing all of the time.

And gradually he will want to sit more. And then he'll be like...wow.... sitting is so comfortable. I don't remember it feeling this good. That neck ache or back ache isn't there any more. ...But .... the more you start sitting again, the quicker those old pains come back.

And so the real benefit is the switching of positions between standing and sitting. Not good to be in one position too long.

At least that is my experience.

Lately I've been contemplating the motorized treadmill/standing desk.

[quote name='skadave']Couldn't find this game on the PS store on the vita. . . is it under a different name?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I had the same problem. For some reason the game doesn't show up on the Vita store so you have to download it on PS3 and transfer it over. You know, that whole Sony being incompetent thing. Don't let that dissuade you, though! (I hope you have a PS3...)

[quote name='theblizzman']Where was the coverage of the Boat Simulator game? Thought that would be a regular part of the show going forward.[/QUOTE]Shipwreck isn't on the show this week, and he was the one playing it.

[quote name='basston3s']Cheapy, I still find it crazy that you do little to no cooking. Would your diet benefit from healthy meal preparation? At the very least it's got to be kinder on the wallet. I've started working on a more healthy lifestyle, and cooking has really helped. I know exactly what is going into my body, and I have full control.

In either case, it's excellent hearing about weight loss progress. Keep up the good work. It oddly keeps me motivated in my own weight loss goals.[/QUOTE]

It's different in Japan..plenty of healthy places to go to if you don't want to prepare your food.

[quote name='The_Darkest_Red']Yeah, I had the same problem. For some reason the game doesn't show up on the Vita store so you have to download it on PS3 and transfer it over. You know, that whole Sony being incompetent thing. Don't let that dissuade you, though! (I hope you have a PS3...)[/QUOTE]

I do have a ps3 so i will download it when i get home. . . thanks for the tip.

Am I the only one that is getting Cagcast 287 when I play 288? I deleted everything and redownloaded from the iTunes store.

[quote name='CheapyD']Ugh, sorry about that. I'm uploading a new version which clearly gives a warning beforehand and advises to skip ahead to the 29 minute mark. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I guess I'm no longer eligible for the Infallible Award of Excellence. See, this is why we need Shipwreck.

EDIT: File has been replaced and spoilers are clearly marked. Again, my apologies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Cheapy! I'm almost finished with ME2 so I haven't started ME3 yet.

So sorry to hear about your grandma, Shipwreck. Know that you have an entire community that supports you.

This was another great show as usual. Keep up the good work!

[quote name='Porksta']Am I the only one that is getting Cagcast 287 when I play 288? I deleted everything and redownloaded from the iTunes store.[/QUOTE]You have to unsubscribe and then resubscribe after deleting it. Cheapy said this on his Twitter when he realized he messed it up.

The second you guys mentioned a new Hulk game Wombat suggested purple skin and green pants, I thought of Krunk from the Justice Friends (Dexter's Lab spin-off):

340px-Krunk.jpg

Recent studies have found that the body's metabolism slows when sitting all day. There was a study of workers in San Fran. One sat driving the trolley and the one standing on the back collecting tickets. The one standing all day was always the healthier one. It seems like common sense to me but there are studies out there for the non-believers.
And quit talking about jerking off and pooping Cheapy you're not 12 anymore. I love you guys and your show and have been listening for years. I understand you're all alone way over there but I would be embarrassed talking like that to all these people you're going to meet someday. There's a reason you thought about that at E3 and you should be a little more classy. Podcasts are becoming a bigger and bigger thing and you should try to be a little bit respectable. Other than that you guys are awesome! Even Wombats jokes have been funny sometimes!

I was driving my car with two friends as passengers when CheapyD started talking about his masturbation habits. That's all I have to say about this episode.

regarding Wombat's book choice- very good stuff- James Ellroy is very awesome and I bet Cheapy would like him. There's not really a bad Ellroy book, but his nonfiction account of trying to find his mother's murderer was my favorite- "My Dark Places".

you guys made me actually want to play Lego Batman 2. I'll wait until I can get it cheap though.

I'm not opposed to standing desks I just think the health benefits are overplayed. I think treadmill desks or desks with bike pedals for the user make a lot more sense. I trust that a lot of people enjoy to stand while they work all day but I can't do that. I'm in good shape but I used to stand 10 hours a day for work and I know from experience that my body doesn't respond well to standing all day.

EDIT: My condolences to Shipwreck for his loss, hopefully it has been a time of remembrance and not of grief.

[quote name='Braehole']you should try to be a little bit respectable.[/QUOTE]

I heartily disagree. I'd rather listen to a podcast where one of the members is unable to stifle a laugh when the other talks about each member of the Avengers having different balls.

The greatest asset of the Cagcast is that it is like listening in on a conversation between 3 friends, and not like like a cheesy morning FM ripoff.

A little disappointed that the mulk in the title wasn't related to the simpsons reference where the school is so poor that they have mulk instead of milk.

Also super 8 I thought was an odd retelling of ET and not very entertaining either.

[quote name='jms493']sigh.....you guise. NFL Package on DTV allows you to input all your players and can watch in on your tv. I even think the app on the PS3 allows for that.

cmon, man![/QUOTE]

Yup. DirecTV has had that feature for about 7 years now

I know he fixed after most people had already downloaded it, but that still doesn't excuse the lack of foresight from Wombat and Cheapy for not recognizing that they were nonchalantly spoiling the game. Just saying you'll mention it, barely, in the description is basically doing nothing since most of us either don't read it or never see it when it comes to getting the show automatically when it's first released. The funny thing is that they were more concerned about spoiling Lego Batman 2's story than Mass Effect 3. I guess Shipwreck is the conscience of the group with stuff like this.

I'm working my way through Mass Effect 2 at the moment, so I've had a few things spoiled for me throughout the past two years by podcasters that didn't respect their audience enough to give them a warning.

I think the reason there are haters about Cheapy's standing desk is that he was kind of high and mighty about it when he ordered it talking about the great health benefits it offered like it made him better than everybody else, so people naturally try to take him down a notch with their own opinions and facts.

My condolences to Shipwreck and his family.

Hey Cheapy, if you haven't already, you might want to subscribe to the Amazon PCDD, Steam Deal, and the various Indie Bundle threads.

Great show as always guys, and my condolences to the Shipwreck family.

bread's done
Back