Photo
- - - - -

NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

• Please log in to reply
1136 replies to this topic

#391 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

I haven't played the original Smash Bros in a long, long time. Is there any good reason, other than for nostalgia sake, to get it when the Wii version of the game is so good? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing the original feels outdated and doesn't really offer anything that the newer versions don't.

To add what Blade said, I think if you are used to Brawl or Melee, the original SSB won't hold your interest for long. With that being said, I think the character selection, while smaller than the other versions, had better variety in terms of strengths and weaknesses. Each character (with my personal exception of DK) can become a powerhouse in the right hands by exploiting their individual strengths, while capitalizing on your opponents shortcomings, which were very drastic in the original SBB (much more of a rock / paper / scissors vibe than Melee and Brawl). Spikes and throws were also more important as well, I think it's still a good game to get if you can find others to play against, though the single player will likely bore quickly after unlocking the four additional characters.

HOLY SHIT ORDERED

oh man that felt good

Did you make sure it contained any actual precious metals?
Tempted to get one just to reserve its 1 in a 1000 status for collectors...

#392 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hell, I picked one up. Now I'm down to just 1800 coins! </panic>

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info! 

#393 Mad D

Mad D

CAG lurker since 04

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

So should I get the medal or wait? I dont know what to do.

I'm thinking it won't restock like the gold nunchuck since it's promoting the 20th anniversary collection. I'm 400 short after getting the nunchuck :-(

[ :3ds: | Smash Bros] 3437 3056 4510

trying to start or finish

Spoiler

#394 Jasonlydon

Jasonlydon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

Pretty excited for the Kirby medal, although it certainly is tiny. I suppose that is why it is only 600 coins.

#395 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

if the medal was bigger, i'd be in. it looks like an too-big lapel pin though.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#396 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

Ordered the medal! Thanks! Now, Club Nintendo needs to start selling steelbooks for Wii games

#397 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ordered the Kirby Medal (to go with my Kirby Patches that I never used, lol). I still can't convince myself to order the Kirby Wii collection since I already bought most of the games from the VC store...

-Edit-
Thanks to Newegg $10 off $39.99+ preorder code, I ordered the Kirby Wii collection. Should look nice with this medal ^_^

Edited by lilman, 06 September 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#398 kixalot

kixalot

I like Bacon!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:30 PM

Crap. Want Medal. I'm 95 points short. :(
kixalot

#399 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

HOLY SHIT ORDERED

oh man that felt good

I wish I had enough coins. :(

#400 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:25 AM

Does Rhythm Heaven DS come with a registration code?

sig.gif

#401 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

I wish I had enough coins. :(

Yo también, amigo. :( I'm like 350 coins short, though, so it's not even worth trying at this point.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#402 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:23 AM

at first I wasn't that interested, but now it's growing on me. not enough points atm, anyone willing to sell one to me?
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#403 HeroOfTime

HeroOfTime

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

OMG I can't believe I missed that medal. T__________T

And it was henceforth known that Brandon, Lurker of Time, had stolen every single code ever dropped that went without so much as a "thank you." - Blade  :applause:

Check out this thread to get an Xbox One or $480 cash/gift card for FREE! This is 100% legit!

The more CAGs who do it, the more CAGs who get free Xbox Ones, cash or gift cards!!!

#404 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

Does Rhythm Heaven DS come with a registration code?

Yes and blast it all I just had to be at work all day yesterday. Balls............I hope they restock.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#405 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Shit, I wish I had the coins for that medal (even though they're gone now). Guess I'll have to get gouged on eBay. :(

#406 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Shit, I wish I had the coins for that medal (even though they're gone now). Guess I'll have to get gouged on eBay. :(

No need fore ebay, you can get gouged by me right here on CAG.

For the medal. I'll take your:

:gc: Star Fox Adventures
:gc: Super Mario Sunshine
:gc: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
:ds: New Super Mario Bros.

You pay for shipping.

#407 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

TWO NEW INTEND TO BUYS

Can you guess? Are you blind? If you are, how are you reading this?

That's right, it's...

Pokemon Black Version 2 :ds:

and

Pokemon White Version 2 :ds:

Both expire 9/30/12
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#408 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Thanks OP, I'm in
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#409 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Just a reminder: Today is the last day to complete the Intend to Buy survey for Kirby's Dream Collection.

Has there been any thought about moving this thread to the Deals section? We'd definitely get a lot more views and/or discussion. Precedent has already been set whether it would be deal worthy or not with the threads concerning the coin value changes, golden nunchuck, and Kirby coin.

#410 rlse9

rlse9

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I think I'm going to pick up Pokemon White 2 at some point, I've never played a Pokemon game so I figure why not give one a try, especially since I'm holding off on picking up a 3DS for now, so another DS game would be good.

I think the thread is better off here, most of the threads that aren't deals that get posted in the deals section end up cluttered by people complaining that they shouldn't be there.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Pikmin 3, Super Mario World, F-Zero

#411 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Art Academy: First Semester is now the 3DS featured game. It costs 150 coins and expires 9/23.

SPECIAL OFFER: In honor of Kirby’s 20th anniversary, get this reward for 50% off (usually 350 Coins)! Offer ends 9/15.

Kirby Patch Set (Kirby & Prince Fluff) and Kirby Patch Set (Saucer & Off-Roader) are also on sale for 175 coins each.

Edited by Sway, 10 September 2012 - 04:46 PM.

#412 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Has there been any thought about moving this thread to the Deals section? We'd definitely get a lot more views and/or discussion. Precedent has already been set whether it would be deal worthy or not with the threads concerning the coin value changes, golden nunchuck, and Kirby coin.

Personally I like how it is now, as if the offer is good enough someone will post a separate thread in the main deals forum soon enough. This allows this thread to be more of an open discussion on the current (and past) rewards, without too much attention that some important details might get lost in the flood of comments if left on the deals forum.

In any case, thank you Sway for posting the Club Nintendo information in such a timely fashion, it's appreciated.

#413 Teeg

Teeg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

Kirby Patch Set(Saucer & Off-Roader) 50% off
Kirby Patch Set(Kirby & Prince Fluff) 50% off
175 Coins

SPECIAL OFFER: In honor of Kirby’s 20th anniversary, get this reward for 50% off (usually 350 Coins)! Offer ends 9/15.

Inspired by the game, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, this collectible patch set features Kirby™ in Saucer and Off-Roader form.

• Set contains two 2.5-inch embroidered patches
• Patches have Peel-N-Stick backing

Edited by Teeg, 10 September 2012 - 07:54 PM.
Fixed font

#414 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

I just returned from my vacation. Very upset that I missed the Kirby medal! Ugh...

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#415 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

I just returned from my vacation. Very upset that I missed the Kirby medal! Ugh...

No one missed the medals, there are a 1000 of them floating around, just depends on how much you're willing to give for one.

#416 jbuck138

jbuck138

Wario for President!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:34 AM

I have contemplated ordering one of the kirby patch sets. I ordered both thanks to the 50% off sale. Hopefully I can convince my daughter that they would best be used on my guitar case.

#417 Scobie

Scobie

CAG City Rocker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

No one missed the medals, there are a 1000 of them floating around, just depends on how much you're willing to give for one.

Exactly... they're on e-bay right next to several olympic torches. So stupid that they limited the thing to 1000 units. I mean, I know they're trying to keep Club Nintendo costs as low as possible and that it can reasonably be assumed that the coins cost more to press than those shoelaces cost to manufacture, but what the actual HECK! Is this really how Kirby would want his celebration to go? I sincerely doubt it.
Posted Image

#418 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

Japan got a Club Nintendo-themed Picross game for 3DS. Please let us have it, Nintendo.

#419 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Exactly... they're on e-bay right next to several olympic torches. So stupid that they limited the thing to 1000 units. I mean, I know they're trying to keep Club Nintendo costs as low as possible and that it can reasonably be assumed that the coins cost more to press than those shoelaces cost to manufacture, but what the actual HECK! Is this really how Kirby would want his celebration to go? I sincerely doubt it.

Absolutely not, Kirby is a man of the people.

#420 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Jesus, selling at $120+ ?? I should have picked up more than one!

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life Charity 24-Hour Marathon!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata  JUST ADDED:  A progressive raffle!  The more donations received, the more prizes that are added! Check out my Twitch page for info!