NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

KingBroly

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is a free service provided by Nintendo in which you can register Nintendo Hardware and Software for Coins, and redeem for them various pieces of memorabilia. It's a free service that only requires you register codes provided in all Nintendo hardware, first party games and some third party games.

Eligible products: https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Need Help?

General News - Last Updated: 5/6/13

Club Nintendo code expiration
- Club Nintendo codes for games that came out in 2010 or later now more often than not have expiration dates on them. So despite what it might say in your To-Do list (which generally gives you 5 years), the codes actually expire in 4 years. We have already seen Sin & Punishment Star Successor codes expire even though they are still on people's To-Do lists. You cannot redeem the code once it had expired even if it is on your list.

- Here is a list of other games that are expiring during the current Club year (July 1, 2014 - June 20, 2015). So if you have these games, you should redeem them this year even if you don't need the coins for platinum status. Note that a few expire very soon.
Compiled by Io, Kirin Lemon, and Teeg:

Dragon Quest IX - 7/11/2014 expired!
Metroid Other M - 8/31/2014 expired!
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9/12/2014 expired!
Samurai Warriors 3 - 9/27/2014 expired!
Wii Party - 10/03/2014 expired!
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - 10/04/2014 expired!
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 10/17/2014 expired!
Art Academy - 10/25/2014 expired!
PokePark Wii Pikachu's Adventure - 11/01/2014 expired!
Flingsmash - 11/7/2014 expired!
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem - 11/14/2014
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 11/21/2014
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 11/29/2014
Super Mario All Stars - 12/12/2014
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Mario Kart DS (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Mario Party DS (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
Mario Sports Mix - 2/6/2015
Dragon Quest VI - 2/14/2015
Pokemon Black/White - 3/06/2015
Pilotwings Resort 3DS - 3/27/2015
Steel Diver 3DS - 3/27/2015
All the Nintendogs + Cats variants - 3/27/2015
Super Mario Sluggers (Nintendo Selects version) - 5/15/2015
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 5/15/2015
Wii Play: Motion - 6/13/2015 (needs verification)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - 6/19/2015
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident - 6/27/2015

Games that came out in 2010 or later with no expiration:

NSMB Wii (actually came out in Nov. 2009 but just to be safe, it has been checked and still works if it is an original print code)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (only if original print code?)
The Wii Sports/NSMB combo code that came with certain system bundles (??)

Special Offers
- There are None

Looking to Trade Club Nintendo Coins?
Go Here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895

Games of the Month
:wii: - Super Mario RPG - 200 coins (6/02/13)
:wii: - Maboshi's Arcade - 150 coins (6/02/13)
:3ds: - 3D Classics: Excitebike - 150 coins (6/02/13)
:3ds: - Art Style: Aquia - 100 coins (6/02/13)

Current Intend-to-Buy Games
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (expires 6/2)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (download version) (expires 6/2)
Game & Wario (expires 6/14)
Game & Wario (download version) (expires 6/14)

**Wii U Deluxe Bundle copies of Nintendoland do NOT include a Club Nintendo code, however after registering the Wii U console, you'll eventually see a Nintendoland post-play survey worth 50 points.**

Coin Values
(See Post #2 for Software released before July 1, 2012 for actual Coin Value)

:wii:
- Hardware - 160 Coins
- Software - 50 Coins
- Virtual Console - 10 Coins
- Wii Ware - 10 Coins

:3ds:
- Hardware (regular or XL) - 160 Coins
- Retail Software - 40 Coins
- eShop Software - 10 Coins

:ds:
- DSi Hardware - 100 Coins
- Retail Software - 30 Coins
- DSiWare Software - 10 coins

Club Nintendo Rewards
Redeem your Coins for knick knacks and memorabilia
10 coins

80 coins

250 coins

- - - - -

300 coins

- - - - -

- - - - -

- - - - -

350 coins

- - - - -

400 coins

450 Coins

500 coins

550 Coins

600 coins

800 coins
gold_nunchuk_1.jpg

1200 coins

Link to previous Club Nintendo 2011-2012 Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244943

Last edited by a moderator:
List of Eligible Club Nintendo Products
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

- Here you can find a list of all Hardware and Software that will give you Club Nintendo Coins. Only games released for the Nintendo DS, DSi, DSi XL, 3DS and Wii at either retail or via download will give you Coins.

Previous Club Year Rewards
2012 Platinum: Platinum Mario Playing Cards, Limited Edition Platinum Poster Set
2012 Gold: Club Nintendo Original Calendar, Super Mario Kart, Metroid II, Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

2011 Platinum: Mario Pin Set
2011 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar

2010 Platinum: Mario Figurine
2010 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar

2009 Platinum: Mario Hat or Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!! (Wii Ware download)
2009 Gold: Club Nintendo Calendar

Link for all the new values. Seems I got lucky with Mario Power Tennis when I got it for 50. That and Pikmin 2 are confirmed for 20 points though the graphic for the Play More, Earn More ad has yet to be updated.

That's not a very good link, besides they're all listed right there in Post 2. I typed them out myself.

[quote name='KingBroly']That's not a very good link, besides they're all listed right there in Post 2. I typed them out myself.[/QUOTE]

Fixed the link, but you might want to rename the list from Old Coin Values to New Coin Values. I didn't bother checking it out because they named old. Also, Animal Crossing is now 20 points for either version.

I could have sworn Pokemon Conquest was one of the DS titles that was getting bumped from 30 to 40. I'm not including the early registration either. I wasn't imagining things, right?

WTF Nintendo? That's pretty crappy to change the values differently than their "warning" list :bomb:. I specifically saved Animal Crossing City Folk (or didn't trade it) because they said it would only drop to 30 (as opposed to 20) and I figured that was enough to keep it for next year. I would have redeemed it if I knew it was dropping to 20.

I mean, it's not a huge deal, but considering that they posted the list of what was changing it was lame of them to change it once again after it's too late.

And there's definitely some problems with the site now. I'd hold off registering anything right away here. I had a pending survey for Advance Wars Days of Ruin. It still showed 30 coins for it in my To-Dos. But it showed Endless Ocean reduced from 50 to 30 - so I thought maybe they just hadn't caught up with all the games yet. But when I registered it I only got 20. So, yeah, that kind of sucks too to show one thing in the To-Do and another when you actually register it. I would have saved that one for next year since it was a "legacy" registration (from before the current Club).

Also, no change in my Platinum status for 2013 after registering - though it seems they don't even have a counter up for the new year yet. It doesn't say 0 or 20 - it just isn't there.

Thanks for all the hard work, KingBroly! I'm a little disappointed the Wii download this month is Mario Tennis N64 considering I just picked up Power Tennis a couple of weeks ago, but what are you going to do?

Happy New (Nintendo) Year!

Would be all over Mario Tennis if I didn't already have it though.

When do rewards generally get announced?

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Electroplankton for 100coins!? This is the best month ever![/QUOTE]
Warning: Looks like the electroplankton DSiWare is just one of electroplankton's minigames (just Rec-Rec). It's not a full on digital release of the entire "game".

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Electroplankton for 100coins!? This is the best month ever![/QUOTE]

Heh, if it was ALL of Electroplankton, it'd be the best month ever.

Lol I put off registering a Mario Galaxy and it instead of the 50 for the original release, I only got 20. Bunk!

Awesome. Love the new thread. I grabbed the Mario Tennis for the Virtual console. I also noticed they are only for 2-3 weeks instead of the whole month so maybe we will get more game choices per month now. Not sure about the Electroplankton game. I have it for DS (the old version) and this version is only $1.99 on the eShop. Any people have any insight on it?

*Also redeemed Pikmin code to start the year off and it was only worht 30 coins. :(

New thread lookin' good, KB.

Added a link to the previous thread in the OP. Gotta remember where ya came from. It's at the bottom of the post, so if I just missed where it was linked to previously, you can kill my addition.

Do they not do intend to buy anymore? Surprised there isn't one for at least one of Theaterhythm, Kingdom Hearts, or NSMB2 (maybe too soon for this?).

Awesome, I've almost bought Mario Tennis a couple times now. I guess today is the day to start putting in all these codes to start the platinum crawl again.

Anyone who has registered codes for the 2013 year starting today, has your elite status meter gone up at all?

I registered about 180 coins worth of codes today at 2 am, made sure that the coin meter had reset and they're showing up as having been redeemed on 7/1. Despite this my meter's still completely empty though.

[quote name='excellen']Anyone who has registered codes for the 2013 year starting today, has your elite status meter gone up at all?

I registered about 180 coins worth of codes today at 2 am, made sure that the coin meter had reset and they're showing up as having been redeemed on 7/1. Despite this my meter's still completely empty though.[/QUOTE]

That meter is bugged atm and there probably isn't anything to worry about but I might hold off on registering anymore than I already have until it's fixed. I'm also hoping the coin values will be fixed on some of the titles that dropped more than what we were told last month.

In case anyone is looking for quick points, Toys R Us is having a sale that runs through tomorrow where you can get a $19.99 game and then a second for 75% off. This means you can pick up Nintendo Selects titles for about $27 or so after tax. You have to print out the coupon here if you are going B&M.

Has anyone ever registered multiple Wii systems across a family account? I have 3 wii registration codes and am looking for an easy bump to Plat this year.

~edit - and how the eff can I tell who registered what? (think i figured this one out - under products it's got the list sorted alphabetically, and then it starts over once it's at the end)

[quote name='Sway']Link for all the new values. Seems I got lucky with Mario Power Tennis when I got it for 50. That and Pikmin 2 are confirmed for 20 points though the graphic for the Play More, Earn More ad has yet to be updated.[/QUOTE]

Wait... They're now 20 instead of 60? Seriously?!

[quote name='excellen']Anyone who has registered codes for the 2013 year starting today, has your elite status meter gone up at all?

I registered about 180 coins worth of codes today at 2 am, made sure that the coin meter had reset and they're showing up as having been redeemed on 7/1. Despite this my meter's still completely empty though.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, I registered around 160 coins and the elite bar hasn't moved. Hopefully they can fix it.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Same thing happened to me, I registered around 160 coins and the elite bar hasn't moved. Hopefully they can fix it.[/QUOTE]

That makes me a little nervous. I might wait a while until they have it updated. I have more than enough points sitting here for another 600 so I'll just have to sit down and do them all at once again.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Do they not do intend to buy anymore? Surprised there isn't one for at least one of Theaterhythm, Kingdom Hearts, or NSMB2 (maybe too soon for this?).[/QUOTE]

Intend to Buys are usually for first party games, and go up a month before a game releases, and are taken down a week before it releases. So we're outside of a window right now for Theatrhythm, KH:DDD and NSMB2.

Also, Pikmin 2's Coin Value is 20 because they changed it under the cover of darkness for some reason -_-

The same goes for Mario Power Tennis, but Pikmin 2 does give you a bonus right now.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Do they not do intend to buy anymore? Surprised there isn't one for at least one of Theaterhythm, Kingdom Hearts, or NSMB2 (maybe too soon for this?).[/QUOTE]

I got my US copy on Thursday and it doesn't contain a code, so that's why it's not listed. It does however have a reversible cover if anyone cares.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Warning: Looks like the electroplankton DSiWare is just one of electroplankton's minigames (just Rec-Rec). It's not a full on digital release of the entire "game".[/QUOTE]

Everything I know is a lie :cry:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Same thing happened to me, I registered around 160 coins and the elite bar hasn't moved. Hopefully they can fix it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']That makes me a little nervous. I might wait a while until they have it updated. I have more than enough points sitting here for another 600 so I'll just have to sit down and do them all at once again.[/QUOTE]

Bar just updated for me and it shows the correct percentage for the points I registered(280), so if you have done some earlier then you should be fine.

Also could someone tell me if I create a new account for my niece and add it to mine via family plan then do the points all count for platinum or is it only the one that I register

Three games registered and one post-play survey and already up to 140 points (Pokemon Conquest -30(40? see below), DQVI -40, Starfy -20).

[quote name='Sway']I could have sworn Pokemon Conquest was one of the DS titles that was getting bumped from 30 to 40. I'm not including the early registration either. I wasn't imagining things, right?[/QUOTE]

I registered Pokemon Conquest today and received 30 pts + 10 pts + 10 pts for it. I know one of those 10 was for the I2B survey. Not sure on the other.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Also could someone tell me if I create a new account for my niece and add it to mine via family plan then do the points all count for platinum or is it only the one that I register[/QUOTE]

I thought for sure they would only count the ones registered by you (the main account holder). But apparently they count all the coins registered on the account, even for duplicate games (if they are registered under sub-accounts of course). This was a huge surprise to me and makes it much easier to reach platinum.

[quote name='thelonepig']I registered Pokemon Conquest today and received 30 pts + 10 pts + 10 pts for it. I know one of those 10 was for the I2B survey. Not sure on the other.[/QUOTE]

Probably an early registration bonus. It seems like some games get those and some don't.

I just registered Pikmin 2 for 30 points. I took a screenshot of it showing 60 beforehand however. I wonder if I could press the issue with Nintendo.

That being said, the status bar moved up just fine.

[quote name='thelonepig']
I registered Pokemon Conquest today and received 30 pts + 10 pts + 10 pts for it. I know one of those 10 was for the I2B survey. Not sure on the other.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Conquest was supposed to go from 30 to 40 for this new Nintendo Club new year. Luckily this article has screencaps of the charts that show the changing values. The non-Select version of Animal Crossing was also supposed to go down to 30 instead of the 20 it is now listed at.

[quote name='KingBroly']Intend to Buys are usually for first party games, and go up a month before a game releases, and are taken down a week before it releases. So we're outside of a window right now for Theatrhythm, KH:DDD and NSMB2.[/QUOTE]
Doh! And here I was hoping for some bonus points. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='admiralvic']I got my US copy on Thursday and it doesn't contain a code, so that's why it's not listed. It does however have a reversible cover if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]

Dangit, stupid Nintendo and their "sometimes 3rd party games have codes and sometimes they don't"

How'd you get a copy early? Lucky bastard :D

[quote name='clonesniper666']Bar just updated for me and it shows the correct percentage for the points I registered(280), so if you have done some earlier then you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Yep, updated for me as well.

Took a screen of my DSiXL showing 160 points but only giving me 100 coins, might press Nintendo on it.

Anyone else having trouble registering more than 1 of the same title even with a family member?

Why would you press Ninty for an issue that was clearly mentioned weeks before the change. Some of you may have them on Pikmin, but certainly not on the DS systems. If the loss of 60 coins was an issue to you, you should have registered it yesterday. Stop trying to steal coins from them when the problem lies with you and not the site.

Why do you need to register your games/systems immediately following the deadline? The site needed a few hours to switch to the correct coin values and the progress system needed correcting as well. There are still 364 other days until the actual deadline for redemption.

Thats just some people I guess.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Has anyone ever registered multiple Wii systems across a family account? I have 3 wii registration codes and am looking for an easy bump to Plat this year.[/QUOTE]

Anyone???

I just created an account for my girlfriend as part of my "family" account, and it allowed me to log in as her and register duplicates of games that I had already registered.

So yes, it works with no issues.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']I just created an account for my girlfriend as part of my "family" account, and it allowed me to log in as her and register duplicates of games that I had already registered.

So yes, it works with no issues.[/QUOTE]

I know that works. I'm more concerned with registering duplicate systems.

[quote name='Jasonlydon']I just created an account for my girlfriend as part of my "family" account, and it allowed me to log in as her and register duplicates of games that I had already registered.

So yes, it works with no issues.[/QUOTE]Ah didn't realize I needed to login as the other member, thought you activated everything through the main account.

Got it working now, thanks :)

bread's done
Back