Photo
- - - - -

NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

• Please log in to reply
1117 replies to this topic

#691 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

I don't know if we can honestly expect any better games than this in the coming year. When the 3DS is on its way out, you might see pushmo on there.

Over the last year it's been majora's mask, metroid ii, crap crap crap crap decent game crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap and now these. Punch out, tetris and mk64 are most definitely going to be the gold awards this year.

#692 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

I don't know if we can honestly expect any better games than this in the coming year. When the 3DS is on its way out, you might see pushmo on there.

Over the last year it's been majora's mask, metroid ii, crap crap crap crap decent game crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap and now these. Punch out, tetris and mk64 are most definitely going to be the gold awards this year.

I probably would have gotten Metroid II - totally missed that one. How long was it up?

#693 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

It was up for a month I believe.

I acquired enough Coins to get me a Gold Nunchuck. I have 5 coins left over now because Nintendo cheaped out on Crashmo :\ Oh well.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#694 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

I also don't remember Majora's Mask being on there at all. Oh well... I just don't check into this stuff very often.

#695 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I also don't remember Majora's Mask being on there at all. Oh well... I just don't check into this stuff very often.

Checking CN weekly (when it was weekly for a time that is) was a fun thing to do on Monday to offset the start of another long work week, so it was easy to stay privy to the good titles.

Of what I remember, the most notable ones that came out (for Wii mind you, I don't have a 3DS) were Super Mario Kart, Fluidity, Majora's Mask, Dr. Mario Online Rx, Kirby Super Star, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party 2, Super Punch Out, and now Mario Kart 64. Other decent ones were Excitebike World Rally, Bonsai Barber (if that was your thing), Maboshi's Arcade, and You, Me, and the Cubes.

Now they are going back to the monthly update, so as long as you check in once a month, you should be able to get the games easy enough, as before they only lasted two weeks each, now they last the original one month time period.

Edited by Billytwoshoes, 09 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.
sp

#696 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

So Nintendo Land in the Wii U Premium bundle doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code, right?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#697 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

So Nintendo Land in the Wii U Premium bundle doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code, right?

IIRC, it gets registered and you get the coins automatically when you register the console.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#698 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

IIRC, it gets registered and you get the coins automatically when you register the console.

I don't think it happens automatically - or at least you have to do another survey for it first. I only got the 160 coin survey. Didn't someone earlier say a 50 coin one shows up separately, later, for NintendoLand?

I guess I'll check to see if mine has shown up - totally forgot about that yesterday.

Edit: Just checked, no coins from NintendoLand and no survey yet, either (a full 24 hours after I got the coins for the Wii U survey and 2 days after I entered my SN).

#699 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

I don't have any points or a survey for NintendoLand either, though I did have surveys for Little Inferno and Nano Assault Neo that I got during the weekend like the system itself.

#700 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I don't think it happens automatically - or at least you have to do another survey for it first. I only got the 160 coin survey. Didn't someone earlier say a 50 coin one shows up separately, later, for NintendoLand?

I guess I'll check to see if mine has shown up - totally forgot about that yesterday.

Edit: Just checked, no coins from NintendoLand and no survey yet, either (a full 24 hours after I got the coins for the Wii U survey and 2 days after I entered my SN).

You are correct. You get a post-play survey for Nintendo Land(so, two weeks later?), but instead of the usual 10 coins upon completion, it gives you 50.

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#701 io

io

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

You are correct. You get a post-play survey for Nintendo Land(so, two weeks later?), but instead of the usual 10 coins upon completion, it gives you 50.

Thanks - I'll have to remember to look for that because I could very easily see myself not checking for a month and missing it.

#702 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Odd. I just checked my account and I got the survey and 50 coins for NintendoLand automatically 5 days after I registered my Wii U. I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of NintendoLand, so it wasn't triggered by playing it.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#703 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Yeah, it requires some vigilance. It was just after they started putting games up, and it was a gold/platinum option. I'll try to remember to PM if I see either again.

#704 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Odd. I just checked my account and I got the survey and 50 coins for NintendoLand automatically 5 days after I registered my Wii U. I haven't even taken the shrink wrap off of NintendoLand, so it wasn't triggered by playing it.

Nintendoland nor the system have a Club Nintendo code. It's automatically registered when you link your eShop account to Club Nintendo (you get a 160 coin survey for Wii U), which triggers the potential to get a Nintendoland registration.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#705 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Just a heads up, the Gold Nunchuck is OOS again, hopefully third time was a charm for those that wanted it.

#706 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Brain Age: Concentration Training I2B is up
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#707 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

New Club Nintendo reward alert: the Yoshi Cleaning Cloth! Use it to clean your Yoshi (or your Nintendo 3DS screens). Limited quantity available. https://club.nintend...ails/a/33502.do

#708 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Eh, it looks nice. I'd be in for it right away at 250, but it's not an immediate grab at 400.

#709 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Even at 250 this is a joke. Might as well spend the 250 on the bag and use that to clean your screens. It's what I do.

#710 F-Zero

F-Zero

Show me your moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

^ the 250 coin red/blue and gray pouches are by far the best reward if you have handhelds to store around. I've gotten 5 of them so far lol

#711 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

Finally got my Nintendo Land survey after the site has been down due to maintenance for days, which turned out to be a broken cookie.

I got my Golden Nunchuck yesterday and it's pretty much as advertised. It's a nunchuck with gold paint, gold buttons, and a gold analog stick.

#712 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

FYI there's a 10 coin bonus survey up for anyone who hasn't registered a 3DS/XL. Plus there will be a 10 coin PPS for Balloon Fight, which is currently $0.30 on the Wii U eShop.

uc.png

#713 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Not that anyone really cares (maybe they do?), but the overpriced Yoshi Cloth is OOS.

#714 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Paper Mario is up for 200 coins!!!! <----------- everyone get this!
Kirby Superstar for 150 coins
Metal Torrent for 150 coints
Birds and Beans for 100 coins
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#715 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Too bad I don't have a classic controller. Have a wavebird, not much use now.

#716 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

You can use the wavebird with the game though.

Or do you mean it won't control as well?
Posted Image

Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#717 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Wavebird works great for N64 games.

Not so much for SNES games.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#718 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

He means the Wavebird won't work on his Wii U.

#719 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

VC games only work with classic controller on the Wii U?

#720 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Not for N64 games at least. Wii U's Pro Controller is not supported in Wii mode, and there are no ports for GC controllers. Gamepad shuts off, too.

A third party sells a combination classic/wii remote but I feel stupid spending $40 to play a game I got for free.

I anticipate at some point in the future you'll be able to upgrade your N64 VC games for a couple bucks, but there's no word yet.