Photo
- - - - -

NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

• Please log in to reply
1114 replies to this topic

#721 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

VC games only work with classic controller on the Wii U?

http://en.wikipedia....Console#Control

This chart still applies for Wii Mode VC on Wii U, save for the Gamecube controller option.

Games released for the Wii U Virtual Console appear to universally support the Gamepad for off-tv play and the Wii U Pro Controller.

#722 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Anyone recommend Metal Torrent? Tempted, mainly cuz I haven't really wanted most of the recent offers...

Also really wish 3DS had an N64 VC. Paper Mario is fantastic, but already have it for WiiVC.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#723 io

io

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Anyone recommend Metal Torrent? Tempted, mainly cuz I haven't really wanted most of the recent offers...

Most likely no CAGs have bought it. Seems like a mixed reaction here:

http://www.metacriti...s/metal-torrent

I'll probably get Paper Mario and then wait for the Wii U upgrade program for N64 games before playing it. Hopefully Club Nintendo starts adding real 3DS and Wii U games to the freebies at some point.

#724 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Also really wish 3DS had an N64 VC. Paper Mario is fantastic, but already have it for WiiVC.

Metal Torrent is very short. It'll take you about 20 minutes to beat the game. The two modes are Easy, which is very, very easy, and Insane, which is pretty hard. Over all, though, not much content.

Also, Birds & Beans is a very short and pointless game according to reviews. You can see in the video that it has two levels, and what's shown is all you have to do. Not appealing in the slightest. I don't know how some of these games get published...

#725 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Wait does 3DS have anything but NES and Game Boy games? Still nothing from SNES?

#726 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Wait does 3DS have anything but NES and Game Boy games? Still nothing from SNES?

Game Gear too.

#727 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

It never crossed my mind until I saw it on another site, but perhaps the Luigi hat Iwata is wearing in the Nintendo Direct video is this year's Platinum prize. It makes sense with this year being the Year of Luigi.

#728 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

I2B's up for:
Lego City Stories
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

All are for both retail and downloadable versions. Honestly surprised there's no Monster Hunter I2B (yet?).
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#729 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

I registered Fire Emblem for 3DS and got 60 coins. Is it 40 for the game, 10 for intend to buy, and 10 for registering within the first 30 days? Then I'll get another 10 with the post play survey?

#730 io

io

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

I registered Fire Emblem for 3DS and got 60 coins. Is it 40 for the game, 10 for intend to buy, and 10 for registering within the first 30 days? Then I'll get another 10 with the post play survey?

Crap - thanks for reminding me that I am 3 days too late to get the extra 10 coins... I guess I might as well wait till next Club year then at least.

#731 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

Actually it said until March 6th but I technically registered today (the 7th) and it appears that I got the full coins. That's why I was asking.

#732 io

io

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

Actually it said until March 6th but I technically registered today (the 7th) and it appears that I got the full coins. That's why I was asking.

Hmmm - that tempts me to register right now it but I know if I do so I won't get the bonus ;).

#733 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

nintendo seems to rollover some time around 9am PST
Never midnight

#734 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

nintendo seems to rollover some time around 9am PST
Never midnight

Yeah, they have to allow enough time to get Hawaii residents in on those dead-line promotions, and even then they give a buffer beyond that.

#735 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Looking forward to tomorrows new games.
Posted Image

#736 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Wii - Super Punch out, Mario Tennis
3DS - Kid Icarus 3d classics, starship defense

#737 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Wii - Super Punch out, Mario Tennis
3DS - Kid Icarus 3d classics, starship defense

Some repeat offenders, better luck next month for me.

#738 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'm tempted by Super Punch Out and Mario Tennis. I want those games, and part of me wants to save the coins for something worthwhile, but they rarely have anything I want to spend the coins on anyway other than the 3DS game case which I got 2 of. I'm just waiting for a new Mario Tennis game on Wii U too.

#739 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Some repeat offenders, better luck next month for me.

Very disappointing month.

#740 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

better than urban champion and grill-off

#741 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

3D Classics Kid Icarus is fun enough if you have extra coins.

#742 J7.

J7.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Is there a list of virtual console titles that are eligible for club nintendo points? I can only find the list that has retail games.

#743 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Is there a list of virtual console titles that are eligible for club nintendo points? I can only find the list that has retail games.

I thought they all were...

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#744 BMO

BMO

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

Does any one think that Nintendo 3DS case that holds 18 cartridges will be back up soon? I have one but it's soaked in water because I left a water bottle open :<

#745 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

I thought they all were...

I just linked my Club Nintendo account to my Wii and it did not give me any points. I have Chrono Trigger that I paid for and Mario Tennis that I used Club Nintendo to get. I can't find any information on the internet re what VC games give points. I read no VC games placed on the store before 2008 get points, but Chrono was put on the store May 16 2011.

#746 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

I dont think points are given out retroactively

#747 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

The only game I was able to get a post play survey for that I downloaded before linking my account was the WiiWare Game Bubble Bobble Plus!. All my VC titles beforehand did not get a post play survey retroactively, but for some reason the WiiWare title did get one, after I had Nintendo add the registered titles to my CN account.

Since linking my account, every game I've downloaded has been eligible for the post-play survey. I don't think that every game does qualify, I just happen to be downloading the first party developed / published Nintendo titles. I would send an email to Nintendo to see if Chrono Trigger is eligible, and see if they add it to your registered game list. That is what I did for all my titles, and got the post-play survey a week later for Bubble Bobble.

#748 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Oh, I just noticed this today on my CN page, there is a Facebook Quiz to enter yourself in a drawing for one of 10 $50 pre-paid Nintendo cards for Wii U or 3DS eShop platforms.

Nintendo sure does a bad job at advertising, been up for a week and I haven't seen anyone else mention it...

#749 J7.

J7.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

The only game I was able to get a post play survey for that I downloaded before linking my account was the WiiWare Game Bubble Bobble Plus!. All my VC titles beforehand did not get a post play survey retroactively, but for some reason the WiiWare title did get one, after I had Nintendo add the registered titles to my CN account.

Since linking my account, every game I've downloaded has been eligible for the post-play survey. I don't think that every game does qualify, I just happen to be downloading the first party developed / published Nintendo titles. I would send an email to Nintendo to see if Chrono Trigger is eligible, and see if they add it to your registered game list. That is what I did for all my titles, and got the post-play survey a week later for Bubble Bobble.

I'll contact Nintendo, thanks. I'm only 80 points from Platinum so any points help at this point.

#750 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

Nintendo is doing a 72 Hour Sale

Posted Image

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do
Posted Image