Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#2 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

Not bad if you missed it on clearance a few months ago for $9 at Target in store. I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

#3 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

Not bad if you missed it on clearance a few months ago for $9 at Target in store. I enjoyed the game quite a bit.

This IS in-store. You must have come across the standard edition being clearanced out or a YMMV situation from a suicidal DM.

Currently playing:

#4 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:44 AM

Just saw this today while I was at work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:37 AM

Noticed this over the weekend. Decided to pick it up.

#6 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

Does anyone know if saves and achievements carry over from the vanilla version?

#7 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

$15 too much

#8 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

What's the difference between this "Complete Edition" and the standard edition?

#9 elkanich

elkanich

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Does anyone know if saves and achievements carry over from the vanilla version?

The game uses a new save - so if you finished the vanilla u have to finish this game again to play the dlc!!!! It's BS!!

#10 iphosho

iphosho

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:11 AM

What's the difference between this "Complete Edition" and the standard edition?

It includes all the previously released DLC for la noire. Kind of like the goty editions for other games. Good deal if you havent played the game yet.

#11 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

The game uses a new save - so if you finished the vanilla u have to finish this game again to play the dlc!!!! It's BS!!

Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.

#12 javasolku

javasolku

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:44 AM

Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.

I didnt know that. Thanks dont know if i will be picking this up now http://www.javasolku.co.cc/la/

#13 swirly76

swirly76

360 backlog > XBone 4eva

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

been waiting for this price point. had rented the vanilla version. will get this on my way in to work. Thanks OP!

#14 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

This IS in-store. You must have come across the standard edition being clearanced out or a YMMV situation from a suicidal DM.

Um...no I got it for 9.99 a couple months ago from Target in-store just like he did(and yes it was the Complete Edition). It was during the Target Mobile/NextWorth promotion(last week of April)-sorry you missed that one it was awesome!

#15 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

i wonder how long this will last, i wont be able to go to a target until friday ugh. so far

#16 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Nope, it was the Complete Edition. It was $9 and they had STACKS of them. I bought one then went back a couple days later to buy the rest and they were all gone.

#17 JKSonic

JKSonic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, as others have already jumped in and said... This was on normal clearance cycle a few months ago. Got mine for 9.98 haha, and it was reported by tons of people.

Still a deal though, just kinda odd they'd bump it back up to MSRP and then put it on "sale" when it was already on full clearance.

Come to think of it, a lot of the games that were clearanced out during that time all disappeared at my store around the same time...just poof, gone...and I know they weren't there long enough to be pitched. Wonder if we'll see the same thing happen to Driver and Crysis 2.

233526.png

www.kulhaphotography.com (abandoned houses, portraits, etc)

www.abstractedrealism.com (boudoir, pinup)

#18 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

It was during the Target Mobile/NextWorth promotion(last week of April)

So it wasn't immediately $9.99. You had to trade something in first in order for you to get it for $9.99.

Currently playing:

#19 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Yeah i grab it for 10 during the tradein promo but i had to pay a few bucks for games to tradein. I missed when it was on clearance.

#20 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

So it wasn't immediately $9.99. You had to trade something in first in order for you to get it for $9.99.

It was regular clearance and you didn't have to trade ANYTHING to get that price. It was on clearance like anything else you might see on clearance. I got the complete edition, beat it, and now sold it on eBay for twice what I paid for it. Great deal. Great game. Great clearance.

#21 tears2040

tears2040

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Gameplay is not very good.

The concept is cool, descent story A+ voice acting though and great production level. Just honestly though as a "Video Game" I would have liked more gameplay. Unless I was retired or had all of the time in the world this game simply is not for me. Way to slow and not enough gameplay.

#22 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

The concept is cool, descent story A+ voice acting though and great production level. Just honestly though as a "Video Game" I would have liked more gameplay. Unless I was retired or had all of the time in the world this game simply is not for me. Way to slow and not enough gameplay.

It was pretty much an adventure game. If you like the telltale games then you would like la noire.

#23 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

I bought it at launch and finished it is the dlc really good? Does it add 4-5 hrs of new cases? Not sure if. Should wait for even a lower price point

#24 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

It was pretty much an adventure game. If you like the telltale games then you would like la noire.

Thanks for this. Now I know to skip it.

Currently playing:

#25 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for this. Now I know to skip it.

No problem. It is an open world but don't expect tons of action on a constant basis. You run people down, have gun battles, etc. there's an open world but you can get your partner to drive (and save a lot of time). I read a lot of reviewers said that's all they ever did. I tried driving myself for a while then eventually had the computer do it (it skips to the location right away). There are random police calls you can do but IMO they fucking sucked.

There are interrogations and such. You can often chose who you want to put in jail. I liked the story quite a bit and since it's broken up into case files, it's easy to find a stopping point.

#26 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

No actually it was $9.98 with the red clearance tag and I used the trade in coupon to get it for nothing:)

#27 Jacoblee23

Jacoblee23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

This game is so underrated. I beat it quickly, because I couldn't stop playing it. It's a steal for this price.

#28 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.

#29 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.

Wow, it took me a lot longer than five hours.

#30 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

At least they explained why he was a such a dick.

I played it in black and white mode for 95% and took my time with it. Had a good time with it. But I am a fan of The Naked City. Was fun to play the case influenced by the film.