L.A. Noire Complete for $19.99 @ Target

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

damn.. some people are apparently disappointed with the game... now idk anymore.. hmm though $20 is cheap!

im playing RDR right now, and its literally one of the best games ive ever played. literally drawn into the story and character. i love john marston. my background image on my ps vita are RDR wallpapers

#32 Quadriflax

Quadriflax

Consumer of Energy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

Yup, it sucks that not only does the save not carry over, but the DLC cases are integrated into the game as if you finished the game and just bought them, so you have to play the entire story to open them up again if you previously had the vanilla. The least they could have done was add a DLC cases sub-menu or something.

Yeah, this was quite the surprise to me when I picked it up and popped it in. Any progress towards achievements is lost too, which especially sucks if you're trying to find all the cars.

Thankfully I unlocked everything on the vanilla version before I gave it back to my brother, but was quite surprised to find out it was a total blank slate with the complete version. I expected it to be like a Bethesda release where I could just patch the DLC in and the missions would popup on the case desk. Not so much.

That said, I didn't really mind going through the game again. It was fun enough for me, and the flow of the DLC into the main game made it that much more seamless. $20 isn't a bad price for this set if you're into this kind of game.

#33 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I played the game and all the dlc and I hated this game. I think I would've liked it a lot more if the main character wasn't a dick, they built up to the end more, and it was five hours shorter.

I love reading stuff like this. If you hated it, why did you keep playing it, and why on earth would you do the DLC files? Life's too short.

#34 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:42 PM

I love reading stuff like this. If you hated it, why did you keep playing it, and why on earth would you do the DLC files? Life's too short.

Trophies? The story? Try to get his money's worth? Interrogation mechanic? All valid reasons for playing through the thing, even if one disliked the overall experience
Posted Image

#35 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

Wow, it took me a lot longer than five hours.

I'm saying it shouldve ended sooner. Not that the whole game was five hours. It could've ended after the homicide cases honestly.

Well, I bought the DLC before I even had the game because it was all on sale for $5, and when you have all the dlc before you play the game, it's integrated into the main storyline. I was hoping it's be like red dead, where I didn't like it at the start but loved it after that, but the whole game just didn't work for me.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I had to follow a guide because I could never tell when someone was actually lying, the only reason I finished it was to see the end of the story, which I found disappointing.