PC System Requirements
Processor: 2 GHz
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 5 years or younger.
Integrated graphics and very low budget cards
may not work. Shader Model 3.0 required
Hard Drive: 185 MB free space
DirectX®: 9.0c

Available on Amazon $24.99 (FSSS, eligible for Prime)

For completists only, as the game by itself is on sale for pennies nowadays almost every second week and the soundtrack (good for background music) was available in the bundles elsewhere and can be obtained online.

That is some great packaging, but it'll be hard for me to justify buying this since I already have the game.
[quote name='kart007k']Wow, 3 Hour game for $25.[/QUOTE]
an astute observation

This is the sort of thing they should have done at launch and then waited a while for any sales or bundles. Doing it after the fact seems pretty pointless.

Length =/= quality.

I bought a dvd that had 5 shorts on it, all of them lasted about 10-25 minutes each for $26.99

Those shorts were some of the most beautiful animated pictures I had seen in my life

It cost me about three times as much as a regular dvd, but I received 5x the quality.

[quote name='TheRainCoat']Length =/= quality.

I bought a dvd that had 5 shorts on it, all of them lasted about 10-25 minutes each for $26.99

Those shorts were some of the most beautiful animated pictures I had seen in my life

It cost me about three times as much as a regular dvd, but I received 5x the quality.[/QUOTE]

Whether it has quality or not, it is still just a 3 hour game. I enjoyed playing it, but I only paid $5 for it. Not only that, but there have been alot of sales on this. It has been as cheap as 15 cents if you bought the Humble Bundle V for $1 (which I did) before they added it as a bonus.

Most PC gamers these days don't WANT boxes and discs any more. Now they're expected to pay a premium for them? Hahaha

That's a pretty interesting package, although it does seem to be coming rather late. Too bad those red/blue style 3D glasses wash out the colors so much though.

[quote name='TheRainCoat']Length =/= quality.[/QUOTE]
Limbo =/= quality.

Though I agree with you that rating length is silly.

Saying I wouldn't pay $25 for a 3 hour game is not the same thing as saying that a 3 hour games isn't (or can't be) any good. I've played some short downloadable games this gen that I loved, but I wouldn't have paid much for them. Limbo wasn't one of them - only one of its three hours is actually good imo. ;)

[quote name='RollingSkull']Limbo =/= quality.

Though I agree with you that rating length is silly.[/QUOTE]

That's what he said.

[quote name='Motoki']This is the sort of thing they should have done at launch and then waited a while for any sales or bundles. Doing it after the fact seems pretty pointless.[/QUOTE]
I agree, the timing does not make sense to me. Nevertheless, it is a nice set.

I'd be tempted to ask what extras are included, but I doubt there's anything substantial. I keep going back to the time I completed the bonus scenario, which is triggered by finding all the eggs.

I may have been spoiled by Braid's star-fetching affair, which at least extended the ending by a whole 4 seconds. In LIMBO, the player is simply sent back to the main area upon the bonus scenario's completion. An "Achievement" was gained, but nothing of any true consequence came from that little trail-and-error-in-the-dark affair.

You made me sad, LIMBO, and not because of your story.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Limbo =/= quality.

Though I agree with you that rating length is silly.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen you say a good thing about any game. Do you like any game?

Oh wait, there's other stuff in the box? Not just the game? HOLY SHIT

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I have never seen you say a good thing about any game. Do you like any game?[/QUOTE]

He digs Jamestown. I think that's it :booty:

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I have never seen you say a good thing about any game. Do you like any game?[/QUOTE]

An indie game molested him this one time as a child.

I actually think I'm going to get this. I mean,yeah it's kinda a rip off,but putting the cards in a black frame might look really fucking amazing. Thanks op.

I wouldn't go as far as RollingSkull did but I would hardly call Limbo amazing. Yes, it looks amazing and it starts out amazing (The demo is one of the best I've ever played for a small downloadable game), but to me it quickly misplaced that charm after the game was fully bought.

After the spider was dealt with it pretty much went downhill.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']I wouldn't go as far as RollingSkull did but I would hardly call Limbo amazing. Yes, it looks amazing and it starts out amazing (The demo is one of the best I've ever played for a small downloadable game), but to me it quickly misplaced that charm after the game was fully bought.

After the spider was dealt with it pretty much went downhill.
[/QUOTE]

I don't have any opinion on Limbo as I haven't played it yet, but I've seen many RollingSkull posts and never a positive one. Granted, I haven't seen every RollingSkull post so it's positive he doesn't criticize every game, which is why I'm askin if he likes any game.

[quote name='FQRizzo']I'd get this, but I'm waiting for the Angry Birds Ultimate Collector's Edition ($150).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this. Always good to know that even when i can't find any cheap games i want, this place is still good for a laugh.

Also, this could probably be legit if Angry Birds was published by Capcom. Or EA. Or Ubi. Or Activision...

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I don't have any opinion on Limbo as I haven't played it yet, but I've seen many RollingSkull posts and never a positive one. Granted, I haven't seen every RollingSkull post so it's positive he doesn't criticize every game, which is why I'm askin if he likes any game.[/QUOTE]
No problem. :) I just wanted to point out that its not the perfect indie darling that is completely free of misgivings. (Then again... What is? So I guess more to the point I wanted to say its not hard to find fault with it.)

That said, when the price is right, you should give it a shot. Its certainly not perfect but it is something I feel that everyone should at least play.

[quote name='Vap']I actually think I'm going to get this. I mean,yeah it's kinda a rip off,but putting the cards in a black frame might look really fucking amazing. Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

oooooooooor you could print our your own and save $25

[quote name='billymagnum']oooooooooor you could print our your own and save $25[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to lie,that never even crossed my mind.

bread's done
Back