Photo
- - - - -

$5 off pre-owned product $9.99 or more when you convert your Game Informer to digital

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#61 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Like & will keep the magazine, screw digital versions

#62 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 AM

i never read @gamer or game informer. converted @gamer to digital so i can get my coupons faster. may as well leave game informer snail mail since there aren't any coupons in there.

How do you get your coupons when you have the digital mag? I didn't get mine in the mail last month even though I received the digital issue.

#63 voormis

voormis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Each issue probably costs more than dollar to print and mail.

...Now GS has probably done the math and concluded that worth the hassle/ad rate hit to convert existing print subscribers to electronic to save money. While electronic editions circulation likely don't have the same value in advertisers minds as the print version, the odds are the printing and mailing savings massively outweigh the ad rate erosion caused by shift towards electronic versions on the limited number of ads Game Informer is getting nowadays.

I must admit, I didn't expect such a response in this thread, haha :) +1

#64 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

I would also like to add: It counts against an employees (maybe only stores) numbers if you sign up for print when you renew. The guy who renewed me was pissed I went with print and was on the phone with the dm talking about how they are only 50% for digital subscriptions.

#65 Wazootyman

Wazootyman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

I remember when this magazine was worth reading...

Eventually I realized there was something wrong with 90% of games reviewed getting a 9.25 though.

But keep in mind, if a game only eked out a 9, you knew it was crap
I enjoy stuff a great deal.

#66 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Still waiting for the coupon to show up in my Active Offers tab (signed up first day this thread appeared). Only have the B2G1 from renewing in there right now. Went thru the whole process (even flipped thru the current digital issue for the hell of it), so I'm pretty sure I completed the signup. Has anyone actually got the coupon yet?

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

http://abloggymess.com/

#67 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:10 PM

Still waiting for the coupon to show up in my Active Offers tab (signed up first day this thread appeared). Only have the B2G1 from renewing in there right now. Went thru the whole process (even flipped thru the current digital issue for the hell of it), so I'm pretty sure I completed the signup. Has anyone actually got the coupon yet?

Mine has not shown either.

#68 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Mine has not shown either.

It says at the link that the coupon will show up in 7-10 business days.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#69 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

READING=POWER I guess. Duh on me.

Jupiter_Jones.png

Check out my blog on music, gaming, wrestling, movies etc etc. It doesn't totally suck!

#70 boopman69

boopman69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

Anybody recieve their coupon yet?

#71 LemonJelllo

LemonJelllo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Anybody recieve their coupon yet?

Nope.
Currently Playing:

:360: Borderlands
:ps3: Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption

Games left in backlog: 14

#72 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

i can't make badass collages out of digital magazines.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#73 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

lol yes u can, with pho-to-shop. and then u can spam them to all ur buddies' emails.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#74 RoylAsult

RoylAsult

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

how would this work, i have a kindle. how would i be able to receive the magazine. In my email and then it downloads or something?

#75 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

I still like having the physical mag, too, and have been avoiding their attempts to prompt me to go digital. Even if the ink they use always smears a bit when I hold it, and every time I read it, I end up with light fingerprints on the cover and ink on my fingers and palm where I was holding the mag.

#76 jhferry

jhferry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

They will have to take the physical mag from my cold dead hands. I am just as pissed OXM gave up the Cds that used to come with it.

JBPBanner2013signature_zps3c5f7a88.jpg
Step By Step Real Money Earning: http://justbeenpaidjohnny.blogspot.com

#77 boopman69

boopman69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

I still havent recieved the coupon yet but my membership expires in about 6 days, so I might not get it. Has anyone recieved a coupon that is in the middle of an active membership?

#78 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Bumping to remind folks that Monday, 8/13 is the last day to be eligible for the coupon and tablet sweepstakes when converting to digital.

Also, for those who have already done this, how long did it take for the coupon to show up in your Active Offers?

#79 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:51 PM

While I like the magazine just fine, my PUR is ending in October and I will not be renewing so this was a no-brainer.

Thanks OP!

#80 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

They will have to take the physical mag from my cold dead hands. I am just as pissed OXM gave up the Cds that used to come with it.

This. I refuse to take my Touchpad into the bathroom, and that's where most of my magazine reading happens.

And a measly $5 discount to save them a fortune in printing/mailing? Pretty insulting offer for anyone who took it, if you ask me.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#81 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Well I converted anyway. However I have yet to receive the coupon (it's been over 10 business days) - contacted customer service so we'll see how it goes.

#82 BladeZ

BladeZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Digital version sucks, there is no app, it's a browser based viewer. I switched back to print.

#83 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

I like my mail in version gives me something to read during my morning dumps.

#84 maynardsnow

maynardsnow

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

Does this transfer work with Google play? I just tried the digital version of the mag through that service and came away impressed. Its way better than the standard digital browser based mag. I'd be tempted to switch if so.....

#85 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

Game Informer is completely useless. Just might do this.

#86 jupiterjones

jupiterjones

WHAT THE CUSS!?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

Well, it's been over a month, and still no coupon.

Did ANYBODY get the coupon in their offers yet?

Jupiter_Jones.png

#87 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:53 AM

Well, it's been over a month, and still no coupon.

Did ANYBODY get the coupon in their offers yet?

I never got one, I even got a email from Game Informer stating that I switched.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#88 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Haven't received mine either and my subscription was switched over the middle of last month. Actually called customer service since I still haven't received my coupon or an update since receiving a generic e-mail reply to my inquiry almost a week ago. Was told they are having issues with the promo (obviously!) and was promised that I will receive my coupon. I'm not holding my breathe and I have the feeling I'll be making another customer service call next week.

#89 coldgears

coldgears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:15 AM

I may be stupid... But what's the point of PUR if you don't even like/read gameinformer?

#90 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:17 AM

I may be stupid... But what's the point of PUR if you don't even like/read gameinformer?

Uh points and 10% more trade in credit and 10% off used games.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List