Photo
- - - - -

$5 off pre-owned product $9.99 or more when you convert your Game Informer to digital

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Does this transfer work with Google play? I just tried the digital version of the mag through that service and came away impressed. Its way better than the standard digital browser based mag. I'd be tempted to switch if so.....

I *think* so.

When the digital sub arrives they send you a link to an Android app. It says it's for tablets and i only have a phone so I never bothered checking but I would guess it's the same one you saw.

#92 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'd rather not have $5 and something to hold besides my penis while I poop. YMMV

#93 icp_00_111

icp_00_111

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:42 PM

Anybody receive there $5 coupon yet?

#94 chuckwagon

chuckwagon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Still no coupon.

#95 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I haven't

#96 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Yes, just literally about an hour ago.

I had to e-mail them and complain - that was about 2 weeks ago.

I finally got another e-mail today saying here's your coupon - all it is is an e-mail with a Gamestop code on it - they said too print it out and bring it to the store. We'll see if it works.

If you haven't received yours yet and the 10 business days has passed I would recommend contacting them by the e-mail listed on the powerup rewards site.

#97 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I just signed up last month due to get the bonuses I told them I wanted digital just because I didn't want another mag sub laying around the house got the coupon basically the next day

#98 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

I just received an email today from Gamestop saying i switched to digital.

I never switched and would never give up paperback for a measly $5 bucks..

Is gamestop automatically switching people?

#99 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

I just received an email today from Gamestop saying i switched to digital.

I never switched and would never give up paperback for a measly $5 bucks..

Is gamestop automatically switching people?

Ha same here bro. I actually like having the magezine. If anything Ill get this promblem fixed when I goto the store and use the coupon they gave me.

#100 iowaholdem

iowaholdem

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

I just got this email because I signed up for it digitally last week. Got to say, I effing love it on my iPad! Looking now to add PopSci to my print subscription for $6/year because the digital is just so much more impressive.

Digital version sucks, there is no app, it's a browser based viewer. I switched back to print.

Yes there is on iOS and Android. On iOS, it's in News Stand.

Posted Image

#101 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

I still have not received my coupon and customer service has been of no use. BBB time!

#102 wynams

wynams

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Just wanted to bump this a final time ... so I sent in a BBB complaint after being told by Gamestop Customer Service various equivalents of "no, go away".

Here is my complaint:
Spoiler

Today I heard back from Gamestop. They issued a $15 gift certificate I plan on stashing for black Friday.

Just wanted to share this on the off chance it could benefit a fellow CAG. Cheers!

#103 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Just wanted to bump this a final time ... so I sent in a BBB complaint after being told by Gamestop Customer Service various equivalents of "no, go away".

Here is my complaint:

Spoiler

Today I heard back from Gamestop. They issued a $15 gift certificate I plan on stashing for black Friday.

Just wanted to share this on the off chance it could benefit a fellow CAG. Cheers!

Sweet. I was print from the beginning, switched to digital upon PUR renewal (I did not ask to switch, but I didn't complain as it was less junk to recycle). Once I saw this promotion I switched back to print, waited until almost the end of this promotion and switched back to digital. I did not automatically get the $5 coupon, but after emailing them (a few times) they sent me a $5 off code.