Saints Row: The Third (360) Pre-owned $24.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

I came across this last night after scouring the Internet trying to find this game for as cheap as possible since I've been wanting to play it but not pay full price. You have to buy it online and then either have it shipped or picked up in store because the price at the store is still $44.99, but I purchased it online earlier today for $24.99 + tax and picked it up at my local best buy so I can confirm it. Since the game isn't all that old I got my copy in almost MINT condition with the box and manual. I think from what it looks like you do need to have an online pass to play online but that wasn't a concern of mine at the moment. Here is the link:

http://www.bestbuy.c... the third&lp=2&cp=1

Happy Deal Hunting!

#2 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Forza 4 preowned is also the same price.

#3 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

Don't always trust the tags in store. That and they will price match their own site. Been wanting to play this since I redboxed it...I'll wait out the ps3 version new somewhere

#4 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

isn't there an online pass of sorts?

#5 obsolete88

obsolete88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

There is an online pass for multiplayer of any sort.
Finally jumped on this game, and having an absolute blast.

#6 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Not completely true. Spec Ops is a recent game I know off hand that doesnt have one.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#7 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

ill wait for the goty version

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#8 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

Of course they would put it under 29.99 so we cant use the coupon on it lol
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#9 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Yes, there is an online pass .
So if you plan on playing online its another $10.

#10 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Not completely true. Spec Ops is a recent game I know off hand that doesnt have one.

Syndicate did not have one also.
Posted Image

#11 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

Meh, I'll probably keep waiting.
I want this, but I feel like Best Buy is going to have a deal on a new one at some point soon.

#12 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

I think what obs88 was referring specifically to Saints Row The Third. That is good to hear about Spec Ops too, thanks for the info.

Syndicate, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: ORC don't have online passes either and I'm pretty sure the same is true with Forza 4.

#13 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

Meh, I'll probably keep waiting.
I want this, but I feel like Best Buy is going to have a deal on a new one at some point soon.

Well I combined this with the B2G1 with Batman:AC and Uncharted 3. The total after Unlocked discount was $47.27 ($15.76 each). I already had passes for all these so I was not worried about that. Other $24.99 games to combine would be Dark Souls, Portal 2 and Forza 3.

Maybe this gets a $10 treatment someday but I decided $16 was good enough.
Posted Image

#14 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:29 AM

For the record there are no online achievements in Saints Row the Third. I spent so many hours in the game, got 80/80 achievements and never touched online.

#15 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

For the record there are no online achievements. I spent so many hours in the game, got 80/80 achievements and never touched online.

No co-op achievements?
Posted Image

#16 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

My mistake there's one for sharing your created character. I don't know of that requires the pass though

#17 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:11 AM

My mistake there's one for sharing your created character. I don't know of that requires the pass though

Im pretty sure that one does require a online pass. That's the only online achievement

#18 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:16 AM

Achievements are all well and good but having played both single and co op I'd say the online pass is worth it. This game is so fun co op. Mayhem is always better with a buddy.

#19 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

does the ps3 version still offer saints row 2 with the online pass?

#20 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

Forza 4 preowned is also the same price.

Get this as cheap as you can then buy the full pass that will unlock 5 car packs, well worth it if you like racing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:48 AM

It does not require an online pass. I did it earlier and I'm playing the copy I just picked up this afternoon.

Lemme just say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this game. Worth every penny, especially when I got it that cheap and paired it with the 100% trade in bonus. I traded some OLD games that had almost no value anywhere else and got max value and put it towards this game and I am not regretting it.

I'm currently juggling this and Skyrim so I'm gonna have a hard time deciding which to put in on a daily basis, lol.

#22 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Well I combined this with the B2G1 with Batman:AC and Uncharted 3. The total after Unlocked discount was $47.27 ($15.76 each). I already had passes for all these so I was not worried about that. Other $24.99 games to combine would be Dark Souls, Portal 2 and Forza 3.

Maybe this gets a $10 treatment someday but I decided $16 was good enough.

Actually cancerman, you gave me an idea.
I forgot about the Buy 2 Get 1 deal, so I looked around for something else...
Didn't see anything, but I knew Saints Row was getting $22 TiV and Arkham City was $20 so.... I walked out with a copy of SR3 and $42 credit.
Thanks for the heads up man.

#23 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Actually cancerman, you gave me an idea.
I forgot about the Buy 2 Get 1 deal, so I looked around for something else...
Didn't see anything, but I knew Saints Row was getting $22 TiV and Arkham City was $20 so.... I walked out with a copy of SR3 and $42 credit.
Thanks for the heads up man.

Shhh not so loud.:lol:
Posted Image