Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#31 Snowball21

Snowball21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hmm...in that case I'll probably bite. I do have a debit card though (I always remember to keep enough money in there for stuff that's getting shipped to me in the future), I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I pre-ordered FFXIII-2 CE from Best Buy and had $80 tied up for two months.

I think it does tie it up. The reason I say that is because I just tried to use my new replacement debit card on this that my local bank's manager has totally screwed up and it was declined because they didn't activate it properly. Right after my card was declined, the fraud protection company for my card called up and said there was someone trying to authorize a payment for $111.

Sounds like a CC, not a debit card, is the way to do this and not tie up money.

#32 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

Good point. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed a difference?

I only roll with debit. :(

Debit is always treated like credit for online purchases.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#33 RySenkari

RySenkari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Damn, I might have to just wait until my next tax check and buy the book for $70 off an Ebay gouger. :(

#34 lotsofgames

lotsofgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

Good point. Can anyone confirm if there is indeed a difference?

I only roll with debit. :(

I ordered mine with my debit card. I checked about an hour later with my bank and the payment already went through.

Edited by lotsofgames, 03 July 2012 - 10:03 PM.
spelling correction

#35 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Damn, I might have to just wait until my next tax check and buy the book for $70 off an Ebay gouger. :(

I Will be that gouger!
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#36 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

What they do is they hold the funds for awhile and then release them many websites do this when charging. I ordered yesterday and already the money is back in my account.

So yes they technically do charge when shipped.

I used paypal btw.

#37 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

What they do is they hold the funds for awhile and then release them many websites do this when charging. I ordered yesterday and already the money is back in my account.

So yes they technically do charge when shipped.

I used paypal btw.

Hm, just checked my account and the money is still gone. I ordered a couple days ago, so I guess it'll be back in soon and it'll keep doing that until the game comes out when it's actually taken out for shipping? I used paypal too so I was curious on that.

#38 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Paypal charges immediately

Cards put a hold on for a few days, then charge at shipping

#39 MST3K_Servo

MST3K_Servo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:36 AM

I paid with a card and they did indeed charge me. It's been almost 3 days and they have yet to release the funds. Just a heads up.

#40 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

I paid with a card and they did indeed charge me. It's been almost 3 days and they have yet to release the funds. Just a heads up.

Authorization holds on credit cards typically last anywhere from 3-14 days, with most being around 5-7 days. It depends more on the bank that issued your card than anything Namco will do after the initial authorization.

#41 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

You have a shitty bank that is putting on a longer authorization hold.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#42 scottc1s

scottc1s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I want this but I wish there would be another option besides from club namco stone I have a feeling this will be a rare book to have
Posted Image

#43 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

You have a shitty bank that is putting on a longer authorization hold.

My pre-authorization was on my account for almost 4 days and I have Chase. I don't think it's his bank, I think it's Digital River.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#44 remag

remag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Pre-authorization can last up to a week or maybe more I believe. The charge should say "pending" and never anything else.

#45 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

damn i so want this and i know if i wait for ebay this will be0 plus easily

i tried to pre order it but error code any idea?

#46 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:59 PM

i was about to pre order saying what the heck how bad could it be but before i put in my CC info i just thought ehh let's read some reviews about digital river and damnnnnnn could a company really suck this bad lol

http://www.customers...m/Digital River

read some of these i do want it but i rather pay 50 extra on ebay than to deal with this crap

#47 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:03 AM

i was about to pre order saying what the heck how bad could it be but before i put in my CC info i just thought ehh let's read some reviews about digital river and damnnnnnn could a company really suck this bad lol

http://www.customers...m/Digital River

read some of these i do want it but i rather pay 50 extra on ebay than to deal with this crap

They've gotten better; My only experiences with them are through the Capcom and THQ store. Slow shipping and poor packaging with horrible CSR's was how my first few transactions went but in the last 6 months or so I haven't had any problems.

That being said I'm not sure I'd trust them with anything delicate.

#48 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:06 AM

lol my order had an error or something with it so they didn't ask for my email. My debit card got authorized and my correct address is on there though. I also have the confirmation page and order #. But I have a feeling this is going to bite me in the ass further down the line, hopefully Digital River doesn't Fuck up the box.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#49 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

I'll pay the inflated ebay price if I decide to get this. If something has the chance of getting damaged, it ALWAYS does for me. Fuck these guys, it's not worth it.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#50 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:39 AM

They've gotten better; My only experiences with them are through the Capcom and THQ store. Slow shipping and poor packaging with horrible CSR's was how my first few transactions went but in the last 6 months or so I haven't had any problems.

That being said I'm not sure I'd trust them with anything delicate.

great to hear now you have put me back to doubtful lol i may buy it like you said they have improved

let's hope for the best.

FYI: how much do y'all think this will be on ebay?>

#51 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

i just bought the japanese version of the book for $17 shipped today. theres an in game version of the book that u use so translating will actually be pretty easy. hope u guys realize its more of a spellbook/manual for game use than a full fledged artbook.
Posted Image

Edited by technicalstylez, 05 July 2012 - 12:54 AM.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#52 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:47 AM

damn you namco why can't i buy this from a regular store damn you

i pre ordered borderlands 2 loot edition for $149 and that was gone from pre ordering list within few days and you know that thing is gonna be extremely rare along with this

i just want some rare games lol

#53 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Everyone's concerned about how rare this book/edition's gonna be and if it'd be well packaged. I don't see anyone concerned about the quality of the game. Why is everyone assuming it will be good, or even decent? WKC and WKC2 were utter garbage. How well was this game received in Japan?

#54 jacks81x

jacks81x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Everyone's concerned about how rare this book/edition's gonna be and if it'd be well packaged. I don't see anyone concerned about the quality of the game. Why is everyone assuming it will be good, or even decent? WKC and WKC2 were utter garbage. How well was this game received in Japan?

Because the game's been out in Japan for 8 months already and everyone who's played it has had nothing but good things to say about it. It also doesn't hurt that reviews have been overwhelmingly positive.

#55 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

i just bought the japanese version of the book for $17 shipped today. theres an in game version of the book that u use so translating will actually be pretty easy. hope u guys realize its more of a spellbook/manual for game use than a full fledged artbook.

I personally was clear on what the book was. I have been following this game for a while and when it was released in Japan with the book, I thought it was a damn cool idea. It made alot of sense for the DS version since you had to "draw" your spells with the stylus, so it was a nice reference back to the symbols you needed.

Here's a video for the DS version that shows the book:

#56 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:38 PM

So technical, I was wondering where you got the book for such a good price. Does it come with the PS3 Japanese edition as well as the DS?

Also does anyone know if the Japanese market was selling the plushie too? Oh what am I saying? The Japanese version of the plushie is probably what makes buying this edition worth it.

On another note, I thought you weren't allowed to charge credit cards before you ship? This Digital River sounds like a shitty company. I don't know why Capcom and the rest, if they want to offer exclusive items at their sites, just approach Konami of Japan about using the same servers Konamistyle does.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#57 sayu

sayu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

In case you can't tell from the video, it doesn't have metal corner protectors; the cardboard is just raised to look like it.

I want it badly, but I'm not sure it's worth buying along with my Newegg pre-order. Maybe I can keep one of the games sealed and hope it has a low print run.

#58 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Conversely, though, Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and Dragon Quest IX were all fantastic. The Professor Layton series is also top notch. Level 5 has much more good in their catalog than bad.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#59 Teh Nitwit

Teh Nitwit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Conversely, though, Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy, Dragon Quest VIII, and Dragon Quest IX were all fantastic. The Professor Layton series is also top notch. Level 5 has much more good in their catalog than bad.

I loved DC2 and DQ8, but I don't very highly of RG. Its story had lots of sappy diarrhea moments (like little girls crying) and a stupid ending and the combat wasn't well done. I hated the enemies that you had to jump to hit their heads. All IMO of course.

I would buy this, even with the bad seller reputation, but the $9 shipping charge kills it for me. I just can't stomach paying shipping, for some reason. I'll live without it.

#60 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

I loved DC2 and DQ8, but I don't very highly of RG. Its story had lots of sappy diarrhea moments (like little girls crying) and a stupid ending and the combat wasn't well done. I hated the enemies that you had to jump to hit their heads. All IMO of course.

I would buy this, even with the bad seller reputation, but the $9 shipping charge kills it for me. I just can't stomach paying shipping, for some reason. I'll live without it.

Amazon has ruined a lot of people with their .99 and/or free shipping. :P Paying $20 shipping for next day nearly tore my soul, though. On second thought, I wish I had done normal shipping, since I'm sure I'll be playing Mists when this comes out. :|