Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#661 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Finally called 2 more times and they said they could update it. Hopefully it's actually updated. We shall see, I don't want to miss out on this, especially since I've been waiting since July.

What exactly is gonna get updated on the page that you can see? The My Payment Tab?

#662 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm on Order History looking at Order Details. That's where my shipping address changed.

#663 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

I'm on Order History looking at Order Details. That's where my shipping address changed.

What about credit card? I assume it would be in the same spot.

#664 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

I keep checking the page and hoping they will have some more to order. I really want a Wizard Edition it'll make a great B-day gift to myself.

I think it might be possible that they'll list some after it's released. There's probably a change that they made a few extra units and some people's orders won't be fulfiled due to Digital River not being able to charge their cards (billing address conflicts or expired cards that weren't updated).

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#665 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Just got an email, my credit card info was updated.

#666 jwk94

jwk94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

So there's absolutely no way for me to get the collector's edition now?

#667 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

So there's absolutely no way for me to get the collector's edition now?

They'll probably have a round of failed payments so chances are some may come in stock online. Other than that, ebay.

538822.png

#668 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

So, before I called the customer service number I updated the My Payment tab online about a week ago. I'd lost the card I placed the order with and needed to change it. I called today around 7:30 AM CT and got a customer service rep to update my billing info first time. I'm glad I did because she told me that even though I updated my billing info online It did not change the payment method on my pre-order. If you have any doubts I suggest calling and confirming.

#669 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

My German Edition is going to come out to $103.66! I'm actually glad I missed the U.S. version because I was able to get this one for cheaper... :P

Man you people are cheap.

#670 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I called this morning and was able to get someone who was able to change the credit card for me. They said it would take at least 72 hours for the request to be submitted/changed and they would get back to me via email.

Is this what other people are getting as well?

#671 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

My German Edition is going to come out to $103.66! I'm actually glad I missed the U.S. version because I was able to get this one for cheaper... :P

I'll never understand the logic in being pleased at saving a few bucks only to be stuck with something less rare and designed for a non-English speaking market. I could understand if we weren't getting the CE here, but we are so I'm not seeing the value in importing this at all.

#672 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I called this morning and was able to get someone who was able to change the credit card for me. They said it would take at least 72 hours for the request to be submitted/changed and they would get back to me via email.

Is this what other people are getting as well?

Yes, that's what they told me both times I called.

#673 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I'll never understand the logic in being pleased at saving a few bucks only to be stuck with something less rare and designed for a non-English speaking market. I could understand if we weren't getting the CE here, but we are so I'm not seeing the value in importing this at all.

Not to mention you wont receive any of the Ninostarter promotional items. Although, if that's the only place you can get it is Germany, then so be it. I wouldn't be bragging about it as though it were some superior deal however.

#674 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

It's weird that Amazon UK had it for the cheapest at $83 shipped.

Well, I'm guessing he probably missed out on the US version so he could wait and see if the US version goes back in stock or import one as a precaution.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#675 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Not to mention you wont receive any of the Ninostarter promotional items. Although, if that's the only place you can get it is Germany, then so be it. I wouldn't be bragging about it as though it were some superior deal however.

In getting it for $80 shipped from amazon UK. $120 after shipping from Dogital River means I'm saving $40. Those few ni no starter add-ins aren't worth $40 to me.

#676 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

In getting it for $80 shipped from amazon UK. $120 after shipping from Dogital River means I'm saving $40. Those few ni no starter add-ins aren't worth $40 to me.

Not sure how you're managing to get it for $80 shipped, that's a pretty good deal. Mine from Namco's Store after shipping was closer to $110, not $120.

Besides, my post wasn't directed at you, but the person who was so excited about getting the German edition for $103 or whatever it was.

#677 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

You're also getting the PAL version, which will be less desirable than the US one due it being easier to get. Also, if this game has any DLC, you'll be needing a PAL account to download it.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#678 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

They have a picture on the website of the coin and other bonuses. The coin looks like it has good detail. Glad I got the U.S. version pre-ordered cause the added goodies put it over the top.

Also I'm glad this is actually limited cause many CE's these days always seem overproduced.

Good job Namco!

#679 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

You're also getting the PAL version, which will be less desirable than the US one due it being easier to get. Also, if this game has any DLC, you'll be needing a PAL account to download it.

I think you're assuming that he cares for the value... maybe he just wants the CE for stuff like the plush and book?

And if this is as rare as it's made out to be, then there's a chance people will take a shot at the PAL. It can still be played and has most of the same contents. Plus, a lot of people don't want to risk importing stuff and DLC probably won't be a huge factor for this game. I think even import version from the UK will hold its value (especially since he's only paying $80 for it)-- not sure about the German version though.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#680 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Isn't the DLC in the form of physical cards? Would they work with EU versions?

#681 Croozer

Croozer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Just got off the phone with customer service and they were able to update my Billing Address for my order. I can't see the change on my order information but the rep did assure me that it was updated. Spoke to Tracey who was very nice.
Thanks to whoever posted the number. :D
Hope it actually ships.

#682 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

#683 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Not sure how you're managing to get it for $80 shipped, that's a pretty good deal. Mine from Namco's Store after shipping was closer to $110, not $120.

Besides, my post wasn't directed at you, but the person who was so excited about getting the German edition for $103 or whatever it was.

Item(s) Subtotal: £45.79
Postage & Packing: £4.95
-----
Total Before VAT: £50.74
VAT: £0.00
-----
Total: £50.74
-----
Grand Total: £50.74

As of today the conversion of 50.74 pounds = $82.47. This has fluctuated a little and will obviously move around a little up until the time it ships and my payment goes through. How did I get it for this price? I preordered it from Amazon UK and they lowered the price twice. I logged in and it was lower. Then I logged in a month later and it was lower again. They did it on their own. :)

#684 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

Does the German version have the book in English? Wouldn't be worth it to me to save the 20 if you can't read the book..

#685 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Does the German version have the book in English? Wouldn't be worth it to me to save the 20 if you can't read the book..

The book is in English. If you use chrome on amazon's German site it says as much after translation.

#686 Action Jacktion

Action Jacktion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

So, before I called the customer service number I updated the My Payment tab online about a week ago. I'd lost the card I placed the order with and needed to change it. I called today around 7:30 AM CT and got a customer service rep to update my billing info first time. I'm glad I did because she told me that even though I updated my billing info online It did not change the payment method on my pre-order. If you have any doubts I suggest calling and confirming.

I was in the same situation: I changed the card on their website, but when I called they still had the old information. Hopefully it's really been changed now.

#687 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

How is it possible that Amazon Germany is saying it'll only be 3 euro for shipping to my US address? Is that really the case?

ProfessorStotch.png
Check me out on Twitch!

That jacket is sooo September 10th

#688 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

How is it possible that Amazon Germany is saying it'll only be 3 euro for shipping to my US address? Is that really the case?

Sure why not? It's probably calculated into the price. Take whatever it costs to ship within Germany for free then add 3 more Euros on top of that and you'll get the price it costs to ship it to you on the slow boat.

#689 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

I think they charge a flat rate, plus a small amount per additional item. It's probably much cheaper for them to do that than to figure out the international shipping costs of every single item.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#690 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

more than liking going to go for the German version. so long as it's 100% English I'll be happy, don't care for rarity but shame I'll miss out on the DLC ( rather keep them unused then put them in my EU account)
anyone know if trophies will still work, not a huge deal just curious

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25