Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#61 uncle5555

uncle5555

Grumpy Veteran CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Everyone's concerned about how rare this book/edition's gonna be and if it'd be well packaged. I don't see anyone concerned about the quality of the game. Why is everyone assuming it will be good, or even decent? WKC and WKC2 were utter garbage. How well was this game received in Japan?

Cause reading is fundamental, and if you'd take two bloody minutes to look online you could see what others around the world have to say about it too....Pretty neat concept the internet, ya know. ;) :lol:

I posted a big amount of information in the PS3 section of this very site with reviews and a video if you don't like readin'. If you care enough go look for it....
The CAG motto: "Maybe you'll luck out and get the game during a sale before it sells out, maybe not, that's the life of a CAG. Luck of the draw. And timing is everything."

#62 Seshka

Seshka

Part-time Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Would pre-order in a flash if we get a free shipping bonus for it. That order is just too expensive to not get at least a shipping discount.

suzuhasig_zps1d222231.png

#63 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

People aren't going to pre order a $100 collectors piece because of $8 shipping?

:/

#64 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

People aren't going to pre order a $100 collectors piece because of $8 shipping?

Many people here expect free shipping on all purchases. Amazon has spoiled the masses.

#65 jacks81x

jacks81x

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

No, people aren't going to pre-order because Digital River sucks.

#66 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

It does seem stupid. You're already spending $100 freaking dollars to get it, AND it's the only way to get it. if you don't want to pre-order because of digital river, like me, that's fine, but not ordering over the $8 shipping charge is just stupid.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#67 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

I don't mind paying shipping for a collector's piece but I hesitate to pull the trigger because of digital river. I don't want to receive a damaged piece due to their poor choice of packaging, and don't need the headache of dealing with them.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#68 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Im thinking of snagging this but was gonna wait a little while to just see if we were getting any other versions through regular retail means... Im assuming i can wait a month or two to order this right? Or is this one of those super limited things that they will run out of months before release?

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#69 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Im thinking of snagging this but was gonna wait a little while to just see if we were getting any other versions through regular retail means... Im assuming i can wait a month or two to order this right? Or is this one of those super limited things that they will run out of months before release?

^_^x KD

Namco says it's limited... but of course, they'd say that because that'll guarantee them more sales. I doubt there's going to be a retail special edition (though there might be store exclusive DLC) since Namco seems fairly certain that this game won't do well in NA.

Why don't you just place an order now so you can cancel later?

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#70 outerfox

outerfox

Allow Ants Peas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Namco says it's limited... but of course, they'd say that because that'll guarantee them more sales. I doubt there's going to be a retail special edition (though there might be store exclusive DLC) since Namco seems fairly certain that this game won't do well in NA.

Why don't you just place an order now so you can cancel later?

Except you can't cancel from Namco once you made your order. Someone earlier in this thread (or it may have been the general CE thread) tried to cancel and were told by Namco that there was a "No Cancellation Policy". It kinda catches you by the junk. You can pre-order and have at the most $120 tied up for 6 months and get the special edition, or wait and then have to get one off Ebay for possibly a load more after release. :\

#71 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

Except you can't cancel from Namco once you made your order. Someone earlier in this thread (or it may have been the general CE thread) tried to cancel and were told by Namco that there was a "No Cancellation Policy". It kinda catches you by the junk. You can pre-order and have at the most $120 tied up for 6 months and get the special edition, or wait and then have to get one off Ebay for possibly a load more after release. :\

If you use a credit card, there is no tying up of funds except for a brief authorization hold. You're right about the cancellation though and Digital River is absolutely terrible if you have to do a return.

#72 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

Their own policies say you can cancel as long as your item hasn't shipped.
http://store.namcoba...teID=namcous#q2

But I wouldn't put it past them. Most of these shops (the shops themselves, since they're separate from the company) that use Digital River are shady as Fuck.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#73 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

So if I pre-order by PayPal, my money isn't returned to me and if I pre-order by CC then it is?

#74 cgxcswim

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Someone posted in the collector's edition thread that this is now available for preorder from zavvi:

http://www.zavvi.com...gn=AffiliateWin

Kinda wish I didn't preorder from namco already so I could just import from zavvi.

#75 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Someone posted in the collector's edition thread that this is now available for preorder from zavvi:

Kinda wish I didn't preorder from namco already so I could just import from zavvi.

that might arrive even more beat up than the ones purchased from namco

#76 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

^^^That would be the European version of the game, whereas the namco store copy would be the North America version.
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#77 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Damn, I was hoping for a game based on the exploits of DJ Kunai.

#78 JAlbertL

JAlbertL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:08 PM

Did anyone place their order with Namco through PayPal? I did and a few days later I received an order cancellation email stating that they hadn't received payment. Weird since the game won't be shipped until much much later. I ordered again this time with a credit card. But hearing the negative Digital River reviews by you all has me worried that I'll be sent two copies and will have to go through the hassle of returning one.

#79 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

preordered from zavvi. Fuck digital river.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#80 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

preordered from zavvi. Fuck digital river.

Hope they pack it better than the Metal Gear Solid HD LE. I remember a lot of people getting messed up packages. Hopefully they learned from that fiasco.

#81 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

ya i hope so too, but im not too worried though because the box is soo big and most likely won't fit in an envelope like the mgs hd le.

in any case, zavvi lets u cancel anytime, so if i change my mind later on its not a problem.

now playing:

#82 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

ya i hope so too, but im not too worried though because the box is soo big and most likely won't fit in an envelope like the mgs hd le.

in any case, zavvi lets u cancel anytime, so if i change my mind later on its not a problem.

Right on that's good to know. The unboxing videos were horrible.

#83 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

Hope they pack it better than the Metal Gear Solid HD LE. I remember a lot of people getting messed up packages. Hopefully they learned from that fiasco.

For that reason, I will never order anything large from Zavvi again. Their packaging for the MGS HD CEs was worse than anything I've seen from Digital River.

What made it worse was how they basically didn't want to take care of the mess, even though it was purely their fault, unless you made a huge fuss about it.

Their boxes are no better than their bubble mailers. Mine was shipped in a box- it was too small and it was basically about as strong as a cereal box... needless to say, mine arrived in just as bad shape (or worse) than those who had theirs shipped in a bubble mail.

Currently playing:

fyreboltx.png

#84 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

i have a question, to order from zavvi, i live in the us what do i put on the second address line?

#85 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

house/building #
street (+ apt # if applicable)
city, state
country
zipcode

thats how my delivery address is saved on my acct, and i've received my shipment every time.

i have a question, to order from zavvi, i live in the us what do i put on the second address line?

now playing:

#86 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

house/building #
street (+ apt # if applicable)
city, state
country
zipcode

thats how my delivery address is saved on my acct, and i've received my shipment every time.

thanks, btw zavvi wont charge till they ship right?

#87 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

correct.

now playing:

#88 blakesgameroom

blakesgameroom

Collector 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

correct.

thanks, also am gonna pick up the tales of graces f special edition

#89 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Glad I didn't fall into Namco & Digital River trap. Zavvi it is!
I had better luck in correcting a situation with Zavvi than with digital river.
They act so dumb at times that you just give up in frustration!!

#90 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

I think Zavvi will be just as bad if not worse. If I'm going to mess with a possible issue, I'd rather at least get the NA version of the game.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0