Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#901 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

So since I missed the early campaign I have a question. When you placed an order during the Ninostarter did they limit quantities in your cart (to a max of 1 or 3 for example), or could this guy have put as many as he wanted at the time and order? Also, I'm a little surprised Namco didn't limit quantities or say "no dealers" or anything like that.

during the campaign there was no limit :drool:

#902 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

I really should get to work on that time machine I've been designing... it's a shame I never have free time to work on it! ;)

#903 bohyu

bohyu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Do you think the price would go down on ebay over time like what happened with the Borderlands 2 ULCE?

#904 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Do you think the price would go down on ebay over time like what happened with the Borderlands 2 ULCE?

It will settle down some but I would still expect it to be $300+ for awhile. Borderlands ULCE was limited but there wasn't as high of a demand for it. The rarity and demand don't compare to the demand and rarity for this. The way the market works as demand for it goes down (as people get their copy or settle for a regular edition) the price will have to go down too. The problem is at the moment noone actually knows just how many of these got released into the wild.

#905 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

It will settle down some but I would still expect it to be $300+ for awhile. Borderlands ULCE was limited but there wasn't as high of a demand for it. The rarity and demand don't compare to the demand and rarity for this. The way the market works as demand for it goes down (as people get their copy or settle for a regular edition) the price will have to go down too. The problem is at the moment noone actually knows just how many of these got released into the wild.

in the best scenario, i would expect it be around $200 , when the hype dies down. The funniest thing about it, is even the regular edition was in demand on the first day of release

#906 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

So since I missed the early campaign I have a question. When you placed an order during the Ninostarter did they limit quantities in your cart (to a max of 1 or 3 for example), or could this guy have put as many as he wanted at the time and order? Also, I'm a little surprised Namco didn't limit quantities or say "no dealers" or anything like that.

This is correct...which I'm sure is how PlayCanada got their copies. They didn't "steal" copies from other buyers, as some have mentioned.

I sold my second copy yesterday for $375. Glad one paid for my personal copy!

#907 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't agree with PlayCanada and am not trying to justify how many were purchased, but as others have said, during the Ninostarter campaign, this thing was basically a made-to-order item. If they hadn't ordered those 200+ WEs, those copies might have never even been produced. So as disgusting as it is, his order probably helped to increase the total production quantity of the Wizard's Edition.

#908 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'm just confused about why so many of these cancelled orders seem to be unfulfillable if the items were made to order and the orders all seemed to have been cancelled relatively recently. seems like there should be a pile of these somewhere that got lost in the shuffle.
Spoiler

#909 Usarocker

Usarocker

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

I'm just confused about why so many of these cancelled orders seem to be unfulfillable if the items were made to order and the orders all seemed to have been cancelled relatively recently. seems like there should be a pile of these somewhere that got lost in the shuffle.

I think the problem was that by the time they re-opened orders for the 1/17 pre-order, they had already stopped production. So that added with under estimating the rush of order they did get on the 17th just made the situation unfortunate for a lot of people. I mean if they never did open it again on the 17th there wouldn't of been this huge uproar by a lot of people. It would of just been an item that many people missed.

But this is speculation by me, I really can't speak to what went on behind the scenes at namco. I don't think they actually meant for it to turn out like this. It's just unfortunate.

#910 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:52 AM

I think there was a demand for that UCLE I remember every place sold out and everyone trying to get their hands on it. My gamestop and best buy were packed with people buying the game and they tried getting their hands on the UCLE.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#911 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

I think there was a demand for that UCLE I remember every place sold out and everyone trying to get their hands on it. My gamestop and best buy were packed with people buying the game and they tried getting their hands on the UCLE.

Yeah but if you remember people were able to buy the UCLE at a ton of different places and they were still surfacing at retail price from time to time. (I got mine from Fry's a week after release.) This much more limited release will make this much harder to find. So the price will stay high until the demand drops off since supply won't be altered.

#912 Waru

Waru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Can someone who obtained their Wizard Edition comment on the paper quality of the book?

#913 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Can someone who obtained their Wizard Edition comment on the paper quality of the book?

I'm no expert, but it's really really nice. It's thick and sturdy (not super thin) with beautiful coloring throughouth. It is also paper and not that plasticy feel magazines and most strategy guides have. Only complaint is the binding in some places of mine feels a little suspect (not loose now, but I feel I need to be extra careful) but that's only ~ 4 pages.

Overall it's a fantastic collectors piece. The cover is embossed hard cover, so it looks and feels very nice. And in the game/paper manual, it there is a page that says
Spoiler

Note: From what I can tell the entire book is available in game as well (though you unlock pages as you go in the game) so don't feel you are missing any content by not having one.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#914 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Yeah but if you remember people were able to buy the UCLE at a ton of different places and they were still surfacing at retail price from time to time. (I got mine from Fry's a week after release.) This much more limited release will make this much harder to find. So the price will stay high until the demand drops off since supply won't be altered.

You're kidding right? I'm willing to bet the ULCE had at least 10,000 more copies printed then this. So the demand for the ULCE was much higher (and impressive) but their were more units (supply) to satisfy the demand.

#915 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

You're kidding right? I'm willing to bet the ULCE had at least 10,000 more copies printed then this. So the demand for the ULCE was much higher (and impressive) but their were more units (supply) to satisfy the demand.

I'd bet there were 5,000 more copies of the ULCE printed just for PS3. And 30,000 more if you include the other systems. But I'm not trying to say the demand for this is higher than that... I'm trying to say demand vs supply is much higher for this. Which seems to also be your arguement... So I don't think we're disagreeing at all.

#916 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

i am kinda curious why did ni no kuni end up as ps3 exclusive? seeing as it was originally released on the nintendo ds/3ds platform. LOL, it did not take long for the we to be listed on amazon

#917 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

^The story I heard was that they had decided to not port the DS game because they felt the Wizard Companion was too difficult to translate (the thing I read implied that the DS version was more dependent on it, but I don't think that's accurate). I'm not sure what the excuse will be now.

Regarding the book quality- it's nice, but you can see the binding on some of the pages when you open it up To reading width. It makes me a little worried that if I actually read it some pages would fall out.
Spoiler

#918 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

From what I believe there was no limit. I'm surprised at the massive hate for PlayCanada in this thread. They may have been the very reason why the US version got all of those extra goodies. They are just taking advantage now because let's be honest, no one expected this type hype and value for this game. The quality of the items probably exceeded people's expectations. I don't think anyone really thought this game would be getting the stellar reviews as well. As youths can see PlayCanada was actually selling the tie, for relatively cheap but then the IGN review dropped and the value for this edition exploded. Smart investment for PlayCanada. I wish I had seen it earlier.

#919 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

From what I believe there was no limit. I'm surprised at the massive hate for PlayCanada in this thread. They may have been the very reason why the US version got all of those extra goodies. They are just taking advantage now because let's be honest, no one expected this type hype and value for this game. The quality of the items probably exceeded people's expectations. I don't think anyone really thought this game would be getting the stellar reviews as well. As youths can see PlayCanada was actually selling the tie, for relatively cheap but then the IGN review dropped and the value for this edition exploded. Smart investment for PlayCanada. I wish I had seen it earlier.

I have my doubts they are the very reason why US got the extra goodies. The preorders extended into Goal 3 but we didn't get 100% for that. Anyway, a lot of blame can be place on both Namco Bandai and Digital Rivers more than PlayCanada, while PlayCanada is a retailer so they shouldn't have gotten supplies. That's saying it's okay for GS to start buying hundreds or thousands and resold them.

Namco Bandai never stated that preorders end with Ninostarter. Many people held out thinking it won't be limited and blah blah blah, some had legitimate reason such as money problem. So many of these people just sat on the chance thinking they can preorder at a later date or buy it cheaper after release. As for Digital River, everything that needs to be said has been said thousands of times.

#920 bohyu

bohyu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, I'm not about to spend $400 on it, that's for sure. That's my whole paycheck. :/ I guess I'll just wait or get really lucky, but damn I do want to play that game.

I have another question, and would maybe like some opinions. On Amazon's site for Ni No Kuni it still has the DLC in the description, do you think if you order the game from Amazon that you would still happen to get the DLC? I think I might contact their CS about this. If so, I might pick that up for the Griffy DLC and give the game to my friend or brother's friend if I miraculously get the WE.

#921 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

Fry's always had the sold out CE. They had the Witcher 2 Dark Edition when it was sold out everywhere guess a lot of people don't bother pre ordering at fry's since there's not a lot of them.

Not sure about UCLE being available at tons of different places. It was sold out around here in my area. I check to see and everyplace was sold out.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#922 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

Fry's always had the sold out CE. They had the Witcher 2 Dark Edition when it was sold out everywhere guess a lot of people don't bother pre ordering at fry's since there's not a lot of them.

Not sure about UCLE being available at tons of different places. It was sold out around here in my area. I check to see and everyplace was sold out.

By available I mean it was up for pre-order from tons of different stores. Amazon, BB, etc. And Fry's is very weird about their orders too. They restock random stuff all the time at weird hours.

#923 aguptaweb

aguptaweb

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Finally got mine in hand! Now I'm wondering whether to pay attention to my backlog or use this to pay some bills... I wonder how much this would go for if used :P

#924 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well, mine arrived. The packing job is as atrocious as everyone else has noted, but my copy's outer box looks fine. I can hear something rattling around inside, though; I can't check it out right now, but it sounds like a small part of the game or music CD's case might've broken. Hopefully it's not anything more serious than that.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#925 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

I got mine tonight. So glad I can't find anything thing wrong with it since I see others have had problems. I must have got lucky cause I did see a tear in the packaging material they used.

#926 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Mine arrived today, and I guess I got a good one?.. The box they used was a great fit with only a layer of that thin packing cloth around the box, but the package itself is mint, no corner wear even.

I can hear stuff inside the box moving around when I move it, but I just assume its the way it is. Hope others have the luck I did!

#927 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Inebrious Infinitus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

Insides are not packed tightly, you will get rattling. I got mine... started playing it... not a fan of the English voice acting, it starts off a little slow and is a bit too childish for my tastes... the game is gorgeous though. Hopefully it picks up later on.

#928 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

I posted an unboxing blog entry earlier today (would repost it to CAG blogs, but then I'd have to move the pictures and rewrite the URLs for them... and there's a lot of pictures). Turned out that what was broken in mine was one part of the disk holder in the PS3 case (the disk itself was fine, too).
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#929 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

They are pissed because DR or Namco has no sense of business to sell so many copies to one person.

It's not uncommon to limit quantities per person. The place I buy comic books from limits purchases to two books per customer and sometimes even one for certain books. It gets rid of the resellers.

Another example is the new Zelda art book. I think almost every retailer had a limit. Specially on the limited edition which there was only 4,000. You can't just buy 1,000 copies because you have the money and then flip them.

Buying 200 copies is wholesale which shouldn't be for something that was retailer exculsive.

Edited by needler420, 29 January 2013 - 10:53 PM.

needler420.png

#930 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

not a fan of the English voice acting, it starts off a little slow and is a bit too childish for my tastes...

Whenever I play a Japanese game and don't care for the English dub, I always wonder whether the original voice acting is just as bad, and if the only reason it sounds better to me is because I don't speak the language.