Ni no Kuni Wizard edition fs @ club namco store

• Please log in to reply
935 replies to this topic

#931 AugustAPC

AugustAPC

Not For Sale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 AM

Whenever I play a Japanese game and don't care for the English dub, I always wonder whether the original voice acting is just as bad, and if the only reason it sounds better to me is because I don't speak the language.

I don't use Jap dubs for RPGs. It's less immersive to me, even if the English voicing is less than perfect. Plus, some RPGs are kinda annoying to have to read. With all the slang in Ni No Kuni, the English voices help me comprehend it a little easier.

#932 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

I don't use Jap dubs for RPGs. It's less immersive to me, even if the English voicing is less than perfect. Plus, some RPGs are kinda annoying to have to read. With all the slang in Ni No Kuni, the English voices help me comprehend it a little easier.

I'm curious how drippy is in the original because I LOVE his voice acting in the English dub. :D

EDIT: Ok looked it up... he sounds way worse in Japanese.

#933 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

I generally play Japanese RPGs in Japanese but sometimes it's buggy (Eternal Sonata specifically had an entire section during and after the credits all in Japanese with no English subtitles!). I speak some Japanese so it's nice to hear something here or there that I understand. Also generally feel that the Japanese voice acting is more genuine, but to each their own.

ach.png

#934 cakefoo

cakefoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

They are pissed because DR or Namco has no sense of business to sell so many copies to one person.

It's not uncommon to limit quantities per person. The place I buy comic books from limits purchases to two books per customer and sometimes even one for certain books. It gets rid of the resellers.

Another example is the new Zelda art book. I think almost every retailer had a limit. Specially on the limited edition which there was only 4,000. You can't just buy 1,000 copies because you have the money and then flip them.

Buying 200 copies is wholesale which shouldn't be for something that was retailer exculsive.

It is weird that Namco shipped so many copies to PlayCanada who then proceeded to list above MSRP. But when they had the Ninostarter campaign, in which they set certain goals that when enough preorders were submitted, new content would be added to the LE, it was made absolutely clear that they were prepared to make as many units as consumers asked for.

PlayCanada, and any ebay resellers who bought multiple copies, were actually doing consumers a favor by not only helping to reach Ninostarter bonuses, but also increasing supply overall. People who dislike those opportunistic sellers in this particular case are hating just out of jealousy of their financial success, nothing more.

#935 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

There is no way PlayCanada made the order knowing they will worth that much.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#936 canuckcollector

canuckcollector

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

My 3 copies from 2 different order arrive in individual boxes. None of them has any dents or damages. Definitely going to keep 1 sealed and play one myself. 3rd one was not in my plan at all, and so are the prices on ebay ;-)