July Guitar Hero and DJ Hero DLC sale (XBox 360 only)

BlazeP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
http://theherofeed.com/4403/july-guitar-hero-dlc-sale-announced/

All are half off:

DJ Hero – Dance Party Mix Pack – 320 MS Points
DJ Hero 2 – Ultra Mix Pack – 320 MS Points
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock – Velvet Revolver Pack – 250 MS Points
Guitar Hero World Tour – Travis Barker Track Pack – 220 MS Points
Guitar Hero 5 – The Rolling Stones Live Pack – 360 MS Points
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock – My Chemical Romance Track Pack – 300 MS Points

Thanks for the info OP, but at this point shouldn't they be thrilled anyone is even attempting to buy these?

Well I certainly haven't forgotten about these games. Rhythm games are one of my favorite genres, right behind fighting games.

I really want those DJ Hero packs, as they are two that I didn't ever buy. But fuck buying them at 320 each. Maybe as a sale when the series (or genre) wasn't dead. Or during the Rewards month a couple back where you got MSP back after buying some music stuff.
But 320 ea is rediculous now, even for a great game like DJ Hero.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Thanks for the info OP, but at this point shouldn't they be thrilled anyone is even attempting to buy these?[/QUOTE]

I would be for the Dj Hero DLC, if it was on sale for PS3. ;_;

If it were Rocksmith instead I'd buy just about everything available. Haven't played guitar hero in a very long time.

My friend and I just started playing DJ Hero again. It's been a long long time. Forgot how awesome the game is... DJ Hero is unique enough that DLC is worth it. These mashups require a lot of work. Not just mapping buttons to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKucc3i0UQ
DJ Hero 1

But DJ Hero 2 is so much better than 1 in terms of presentation and features. But 1's mixes are arguably better. Does the DJ Hero DLC work in both games and interchangeably? Would suck to accidentally buy them for 1 and find out they don't work in 2 or vice versa.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dirtyvu']My friend and I just started playing DJ Hero again. It's been a long long time. Forgot how awesome the game is... DJ Hero is unique enough that DLC is worth it. These mashups require a lot of work. Not just mapping buttons to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzSjNb4yUyA&feature=g-upl
DJ Hero 1

But DJ Hero 2 is so much better than 1 in terms of presentation and features. But 1's mixes are arguably better. Does the DJ Hero DLC work in both games and interchangeably? Would suck to accidentally buy them for 1 and find out they don't work in 2 or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

I believe they work on both games.

And DJ Hero 2 reminds me a lot of Guitar Hero 5. Massive upgrades in features, functionality, and presentation, but the songlist is inferior to prior releases. Also, they did all this right when the music game bubble burst so people passed on it. Shame really cause it is one of best music games out there.

[quote name='dirtyvu']But DJ Hero 2 is so much better than 1 in terms of presentation and features. But 1's mixes are arguably better. Does the DJ Hero DLC work in both games and interchangeably? Would suck to accidentally buy them for 1 and find out they don't work in 2 or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

DJ Hero 1 DLC does indeed transfer to DJ Hero 2. I was just playing the Dance Pack in DJ Hero 2. I'd definitely drop $10 to export the DJ Hero 1 songs to DJ Hero 2... if only.

[quote name='mkelehan']DJ Hero 1 DLC does indeed transfer to DJ Hero 2. I was just playing the Dance Pack in DJ Hero 2. I'd definitely drop $10 to export the DJ Hero 1 songs to DJ Hero 2... if only.[/QUOTE]

does the DLC automatically work in both games without any type of transfer fee? I hate to pay for an import fee.

[quote name='dirtyvu']does the DLC automatically work in both games without any type of transfer fee? I hate to pay for an import fee.[/QUOTE]

DJ Hero 1 DLC works in DJ Hero 2, but not the other way around. In other words, DJ Hero 2 plays both DLCs, but the first game does not.

[quote name='Tsel']DJ Hero 1 DLC works in DJ Hero 2, but not the other way around. In other words, DJ Hero 2 plays both DLCs, but the first game does not.[/QUOTE]

thanks! that's what I needed to hear. I don't like the idea of having to switch discs and pay import fees.

Two of the three DLC packs would interest me a lot, but seeing as I already have one of them (MCR) and the other one has Low - which sucks for guitar/bass - and Lycanthrope which I already have, I think I'm going to skip on this deal. Just wanted to post this to generate some interest.

bread's done
Back