50% Off Atlus Games in the “HOJAEFJAAM” PSN Sale

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
Thought I would highlight the PSVita games that are on sale :)

Class of Heroes $7.49 (originally $14.99
Crimson Gem Saga $7.49 (originally $14.99
Hexyz Force $7.49 (originally $14.99
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble $7.49 (originally $14.99
Knights in the Nightmare $7.49 (originally $14.99
Riviera: The Promised Land $4.99 (originally $9.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $9.99 (originally $19.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin $14.99 (originally $29.99)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable $9.99 (originally $19.99)
Yggdra Union $4.99 (originally $9.99)

Ends July 31st.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/07/03/today-50-off-atlus-games-in-the-hojaefjaam-psn-sale/

I already had P3P from a long time ago and Yggdra Union from where a friend bought Knights during the first run and gave me the free code.

I had about $25 saved for Unchained Blades but since it's going to be a long while it seems for Vita compatibility I picked up Riviera and Class of Heroes.

I've got about 12.50 left over I'm trying to decide if I should get Knights to have all the Dept Heaven games, Crimson Gem, Hexyz, or Persona 1. I figure P2 will drop sometime before I'd really play it and idk about Kenka, I love the Yakuza games but I just have my really heard too much about it.

If only I had like another $20 I'd buy them all lol

nice, thanks for the info OP! Going to finally play my first Persona game, picked up Persona 3. Also since the sale is until the end of the month, probably will pick up more games before it's over.

I'm looking at spending at least about $37.50 if I get all the PSP games I'm interested in!
Might have to get a $50 PSN card soon.

Class of Heroes $7.49
Crimson Gem Saga $7.49
Hexyz Force $7.49
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (Already have a digital copy.)
Knights in the Nightmare $7.49 (Bought a physical new copy.)
Riviera: The Promised Land $4.99 (I want this one because I missed out on the GBA version.)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $9.99 (Have a physical copy.)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin $14.99 (Same as Persona.)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable $9.99 (Have FES so I'm on the fence still about this version.)
Yggdra Union (Got a free digital copy for buying a new physical copy of Knights in Nightmare.)

[quote name='exceed19']bought p3.. never played the series![/QUOTE]

I'm considering this as well.

Is there a simple, dumbed-down way to describe the gameplay or what game(s) it can be compared to?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I'm considering this as well.

Is there a simple, dumbed-down way to describe the gameplay or what game(s) it can be compared to?[/QUOTE]

Turn-based dungeon crawler with dating sims elements?

Just brought P3 for my Vita. Now I own all the different copies of P3 across the PS platform!

Might grab Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Knights in Nightmare later.

I've got a Persona 1 save on my PSP . . . the PSP I haven't even touched since I got my Vita . . . I've been hoping someday there would be some way to get UMD games onto the Vita, but I'm losing hope; may have to jump on this.How does P3P compare to P1? If it's that much better maybe I'll just get that instead.

[quote name='pob14']I've got a Persona 1 save on my PSP . . . the PSP I haven't even touched since I got my Vita . . . I've been hoping someday there would be some way to get UMD games onto the Vita, but I'm losing hope; may have to jump on this.How does P3P compare to P1? If it's that much better maybe I'll just get that instead.[/QUOTE]
It's almost a completely different game. The combat is more traditional turn-based combat with a big focus on social links in the non-combat portion of the game.

Picked up Persona 3. Different for sure with the social links but I am really enjoying it so far as I am a couple of hours in.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (Already have a digital copy.)
Knights in the Nightmare $7.49 (Bought a physical new copy.)
[/QUOTE]

Anybody have some impressions on these two? I picked up P3P, but both of these look pretty interesting. Giant Bomb has a good quick look on Kenka Bancho and a great site http://foryourvitahype.com/ has videos of most of the sale titles, but he did not like Kenka much.

[quote name='DeathMoJo']Picked up Persona 3. Different for sure with the social links but I am really enjoying it so far as I am a couple of hours in.[/QUOTE]

I just hit 9 hours on P3 and damn its addicting.

[quote name='majorscud']I picked up the 2 persona's I didn't already buy, class of heroes, and riviera. I might buy Yggdra Union and Crimson Gem Saga[/QUOTE]

I posted this in another topic thought it might be useful here...

[quote name='uncle5555']

However I have sunk like 40+ hours into Crimson Gem Saga and unless you LOVE grinding, I'd say stay away.

Which is sad, because it is a quality game, but you must grind, for levels (and SP points for skills) and money (especially money) since the items in this damn game are so expensive, plus you need all of the advantage you can get. Also later on you pretty much use your special moves to win fights easily since the normal moves are so weak they aren't worth messing with and cause you lots of headache healing up all the time, especially when you have to grind so damn much.

Plus they force you to use certain characters (for the endgame) and the ending sucks (watched it on Youtube when I decided I'd had enough grinding) and it was one of the most unsatisfying things I'd have ever seen.

So if you can get past those elements, go for it, I probably wouldn't be so hard on it, if I wasn't so disappointed by those elements since the game is very high quality, it's just the game itself sucks so much because of those elements that make it frustrating to enjoy and finish, let alone recommend. =/[/QUOTE]

I just bought almost every game on this list. I love rpg's. I hope the Persona games are good as everyone says. The only thing I am worried about is the art. It looks a little to kiddie. I hope I can get over that.

bread's done
Back