• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 ProfessorMicro

ProfessorMicro

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i01
Just dropped in price, it's been in my cart for months and this is the lowest I've seen it. Apologies if this is old news.
Also available for the same price at Gamestop.

Edited by tortamus, 05 July 2012 - 06:46 PM.

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#2 Thavron

Thavron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Awesome find OP. Been waiting for a good price on the Director's Cut. 30 day trial of PS+ is icing on the cake!

#3 thetruth1983

thetruth1983

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have been thinking about trolling every single amazon thread saying "tax kills the deal". Nevertheless, this is a good price for this game.

#4 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

nice find. thanks for the post.
Posted Image

#5 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

I have been thinking about trolling every single amazon thread saying "tax kills the deal". Nevertheless, this is a good price for this game.

It's not tax that kills the deals for me at Amazon. It's the $4.99 shipping, "forcing" me to find something else to add to the order just so I can get the free shipping option.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#6 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

This also comes with a free 30 day membership to PS+.

#7 Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Great deal for a great game.
I love showing off this game to people for the first time. Everyone is creeped out by it and just want to watch me play it for them.

#8 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

So I could probably google it but what's so special about the directors cut, I have played through the original, kind of want to play through again with the move, can't I do that with out having the DC?

#9 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Nice price. I got it better from Sears. Clearanced for $6.47.

Really...the Director's Cut? Hmmm...guess I'm checking out Sears then. Besides, the Amazon shipping cost is a joke considering it costs $1.81 to send the game USPS First Class in a bubble envelope. $4.99 lol

#10 Hoos First

Hoos First

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

also $19.99 at GS if you would rather get it there

#11 prisonerac

prisonerac

Yes ... DAISY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:49 AM

So I could probably google it but what's so special about the directors cut, I have played through the original, kind of want to play through again with the move, can't I do that with out having the DC?

The DC just has all of the DLC on the disc, including the free move patch.

Thanks OP, I grabbed a copy. Have yet to play the game.

#12 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

It's not tax that kills the deals for me at Amazon. It's the $4.99 shipping, "forcing" me to find something else to add to the order just so I can get the free shipping option.

Prime baby, prime.

#13 darkmatter00

darkmatter00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I played the demo and it seemed pretty good. My biggest concern was that hand to hand combat was really awkward because it kept telling me which button to press sort of like a quick time event. Is all combat in the game like this?
I would like to know since that really killed the gameplay for me.
"I have but recently returned from the valley of the shadow of death. I'm rapturously breathing in all the odors and essences of life. I've been to the brink of total oblivion. I remember and ferment the desire to remember everything." - Waking Life

#14 Auburn

Auburn

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

I played the demo and it seemed pretty good. My biggest concern was that hand to hand combat was really awkward because it kept telling me which button to press sort of like a quick time event. Is all combat in the game like this?
I would like to know since that really killed the gameplay for me.

Yes, all of the actions in the game are quick time events. The purpose of the game is to play through the narrative in different ways to achieve multiple outcomes.

#15 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

stay away from the fence at the crime scene. if u get tooo close u won't be able to move and once it auto saves, u r helpless and will have to start the game over. i learned this the hard way. and if u have kids this game might rub u the wrong way.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#16 darkmatter00

darkmatter00

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Thank you. I guess I will have to play the demo again and make up my mind. The story does seem very good.
"I have but recently returned from the valley of the shadow of death. I'm rapturously breathing in all the odors and essences of life. I've been to the brink of total oblivion. I remember and ferment the desire to remember everything." - Waking Life

#17 NocturneManiac

NocturneManiac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

I assume that it could, but would the 30-day trial for PS+ stack with another trial? I got one recently for the Ico game at Amazon and have yet to activate it. If I did both at the same time, should it stack like Live does or should I stagger the trials?

Posted Image

#18 musicjunkie

musicjunkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

thanks for posting OP, been waiting on a price like this

#19 clawfrombelow

clawfrombelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Heavy Rain has always been 18.xx at Big Lots, it's actually 17.76 today. I guess some people may not have a big lots around them.

#20 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

If this wasn't in a red box i would jump all over it.

Can't stand greatest hit red boxes.

#21 ChosenOne1

ChosenOne1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Really...the Director's Cut? Hmmm...guess I'm checking out Sears then. Besides, the Amazon shipping cost is a joke considering it costs $1.81 to send the game USPS First Class in a bubble envelope. $4.99 lol

Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.

OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.

#22 Ninersfan4926

Ninersfan4926

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Finally it hit this price, been waiting for ages. Just barely missed out on the regular version new for $11 a long while back and haven't seen it even this low since. Hopefully it doesn't go completely bonkers like Indigo Prophecy did towards the end. I still really liked that game, but the first 2/3 is more of what I want than the last third.

By the way, does anyone know if this is better with move? I'm wondering if I should have my first playthrough be with move.
Posted Image

#23 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

This is tempting since I have yet to play Heavy Rain, but I already have the non-Director's Cut in my backlog.

#24 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Thanks OP. Been waiting on a good price.

FYI: Same price at Gamestop, in-store and online as well - http://www.gamestop....ctors-cut/97992

#25 gutter2d

gutter2d

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Thanks in for 1.

#26 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

lol - c'mon dude. get it - its great! just hide the box under your couch while you play it.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#27 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.

When I had a ton of Amazon credit I was always ordering from them, so having Prime then would've been great. But since they won't let you use credit to buy into the Prime thing I just used up the bulk of the credits I had there and haven't shopped there since. It's a miracle if I have more than $5-6 left in actual credit and a $10 promo code from buying a game at launch last fall from them.

But again, having to pay real money out of pocket for Prime when other retailers like Gamestop and Best Buy allow you to use store credit to buy into their programs like Gamer's Club Unlocked and Power Up Rewards really sucks balls.

OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.

Wait....wait...wait....the Uncharted 1&2 Dual Pack has a one month PS+ code in it? Hmmm. I never saw one of those in mine when I picked it up from BB last year for $30 or so after a PM.

By the way, if you're either in a state where Amazon charges sales tax or don't have Prime for the free shipping and wanna get this game right away, then check out Kmart. I saw a few copies of the Director's Cut there a month or two ago when I was checking for clearance titles.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#28 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

#29 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

They're probably NOT joking honestly. There are people who won't buy a game simply because it's in the wrong kind of case(in this case the red greatest hits case). Apparently it fucks up the feng shui of their game collection shelves and as such they won't soil their collection with such a putrid item.

I kid you not.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#30 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

They're probably NOT joking honestly. There are people who won't buy a game simply because it's in the wrong kind of case(in this case the red greatest hits case). Apparently it fucks up the feng shui of their game collection shelves and as such they won't soil their collection with such a putrid item.

I kid you not.

I don't even know what to say. If I ever hear someone uttering this bullshit in the RL, I'm sorry in advance for slapping the shit outta you.