Heavy Rain: Director's Cut w/30 Days PS+ $19.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

If this wasn't in a red box i would jump all over it.

Can't stand greatest hit red boxes.

If you are serious you could just get a clear replacement case or even a cheap game at GameStop and switch the cases. At least that is what I did.

#32 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

lol - c'mon dude. get it - its great! just hide the box under your couch while you play it.

I know it's a great game but as a collector i just don't accept that shit in my collection. I have over 150 PS3 games on my shelf, that red box would give me a hemorrhage.

#33 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

I know it's a great game but as a collector i just don't accept that shit in my collection. I have over 150 PS3 games on my shelf, that red box would give me a hemorrhage.

1-Goto GS
2-Buy a used non GH version of a PS3 GH
3-switch the red case with the regular one
4-Return the red case + game

#34 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

thats too much work.

1.swap cases with a game ur gonna trade in
2. trade that game in.

1-Goto GS
2-Buy a used non GH version of a PS3 GH
3-switch the red case with the regular one
4-Return the red case + game

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#35 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Wow, and I thought I had problems. :/

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#36 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

thats too much work.

1.swap cases with a game ur gonna trade in
2. trade that game in.

No, no. You're also doing too much work.

1. Buy a can of blue spray paint.
2. Spray down case.
3. Profit.

#37 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:21 PM

No, no. You're also doing too much work.

1. Buy a can of blue spray paint.
2. Spray down case.
3. Profit.

No no no. You too are doing it wrong. It goes like this.

Step 1: Steal underpants.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit.
;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#38 wolverine81

wolverine81

Mmm Mmm Bitch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

No no no. You too are doing it wrong. It goes like this.

Step 1: Steal underpants.
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit.
;)

Damn underpants gnomes!

#39 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Seriously, Fuck those god forsaken red cases. I'd rather never play a game then have a red case on my shelf. I'll buy this at gamestop and make sure I get a regular case.

#40 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Great game. I recommended that my friend play it, and he ended up staying up until 8am to finish it. I played it soon after, and it was crazy how different our endings turned out to be due to the choices (or mistakes) we made.

JAAAAASON! JASON?! JAYYYYSON

#41 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:52 AM

Coming up as $29 for me.

#42 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 AM

Coming up as $29 for me.

That's a copy sold by a third party. Look to the right under "More buying choices" and you'll see Amazon's listing for $19.99. (It's just out of immediate stock and will ship in 1-4 wks).

Anyway, thanks OP. I too had being looking for a copy for a while. I went ahead and placed an order along with Rayman Origins. :)

#43 styl3s

styl3s

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow, and I thought I had problems. :/

I am even worse when it comes to slipcases.

If a Blu-Ray does have a slipcase but i cant find one with it, i won't buy it but i also won't put it on my shelf with the slip case because a good majority of BR's don't have slipcases so i store them in a tote. I have to have everything "complete"

The collector and OCD side of me refuses to accept anything less, if i could get lets say X game that i want but is still $60 and get it for $5 but it has no manual and not in the original case i won't buy it.

#44 ProfessorMicro

ProfessorMicro

Dark Lord of the Sith

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

Updated OP as Amazon has the game back-ordered now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I'm thinking Amazon owes me a little promotion fee...;)

"You cannot hide from what you once were, Revan! Recognize that you were once the Dark Lord—and know that I have taken your place!"

#45 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Get Prime. $80 a year. Free Two-day shipping on everything, $3.99 One-Day shipping on everything, Free Release date Delivery on everything. $80 is a little pricey but imagine the money you save with $3.99 one-day shipping. One day shipping these days can cost $10+. So if your a regular at Amazon, definitely get Prime.

OT: I think I may get it. My PS3 is coming on Friday so I may grab this. Already picked up Uncharted 1,2,3 and Infamous 1 so this would add to the collection. Also that would be my third 30 day free PS+ trial. One in the Uncharted 3 bundle, one in the Dual Uncharted pack, and one here.

Well to each his own I guess. I won't be forking over 80 bucks to anybody just to get improved shipping. What kind of Amazon customer most benefits by Prime? It just seems to me that in most cases you can get free shipping by adding to cart to get over 25 bucks anyway. The next day delivery is nice but purely a luxury item for me and I could never afford to pay 80 for that luxury. I have never preordered a game before(though I will from BB now with the 2000 reward zone points promo) so the day one promise on preorder delivery won't help me at amazon-I really don't care about bonus dlc for doing so. I guess Prime customers must order other stuff to make the 80 bucks worthwhile...

#46 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

The comments about the red casing.... People are aliens these days....

#47 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

If a Blu-Ray does have a slipcase but i cant find one with it, i won't buy it but i also won't put it on my shelf with the slip case because a good majority of BR's don't have slipcases so i store them in a tote. I have to have everything "complete"

The collector and OCD side of me refuses to accept anything less, if i could get lets say X game that i want but is still $60 and get it for $5 but it has no manual and not in the original case i won't buy it.

I'm like this too. I'm as much a collector as gamer and as a collector a "greatest hits" is equivalent to having a replica and not the original. It even kills me that Resistance 3 had the "Move" labeling haha. Also, I wont buy a game if the franchise didn't start on that console (Killzone 2 &3, God of War III etc.) and I dont like HD Collections. I wish I didn't care. I've been a collector longer and the habit carried over when I became a gamer. I've refined my personal collection so many times it's crazy. Lately I've purged all PS3 games that aren't Sony published, it's getting bad :-/ The only two games I have that aren't Sony Published are Valkyria Chronicles (exception worthy) and Demon's Souls which wasn't published by Sony but is a Sony property. Still need about 7 more Sony published titles to be satisfied with my collection, until I'm not satisfied again for some idiotic reason.

#48 guitarguy

guitarguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

You guys aren't collectors. You're hoarders and have OCD.

#49 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

You guys aren't collectors. You're hoarders and have OCD.

I have about 20ish games across three different consoles, how am I hoarder?

#50 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Don't get me wrong. I look for mint/complete games too as opposed to my one buddy who doesn't care if they're complete or even mint as long as they work. He's even left the Blockbuster Video stickers on the cases before when he got games during the BOGO sales.:-&

That's the first thing I normally do after checking completeness and whether they're minty when I buy a pre-owned game is to peel the stickers off.

But a good percentage of the time the GH/PH games may include DLC packs and/or patches to make the games run a lot better as opposed to their original release versions. So that's the main reason why I grab the newer editions if I can.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#51 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Thanks, I've been waiting for it to drop to this price.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#52 Yamato

Yamato

not motivated

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well to each his own I guess. I won't be forking over 80 bucks to anybody just to get improved shipping. What kind of Amazon customer most benefits by Prime? It just seems to me that in most cases you can get free shipping by adding to cart to get over 25 bucks anyway. The next day delivery is nice but purely a luxury item for me and I could never afford to pay 80 for that luxury. I have never preordered a game before(though I will from BB now with the 2000 reward zone points promo) so the day one promise on preorder delivery won't help me at amazon-I really don't care about bonus dlc for doing so. I guess Prime customers must order other stuff to make the 80 bucks worthwhile...

Well, you also get Amazon Instant Video, which is similar to Netflix. And if you have a .edu email address, you can get Prime for $39 a year, which is a steal.

#53 new1

new1

TroubleMaker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Well, you also get Amazon Instant Video, which is similar to Netflix. And if you have a .edu email address, you can get Prime for $39 a year, which is a steal.

Had it free for two years being a college student then when it expired I jumped all over this deal. If you buy regularly from amazon it's the only way to go

Posted Image Posted Image

#54 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i01
Just dropped in price, it's been in my cart for months and this is the lowest I've seen it. Apologies if this is old news.
Also available for the same price at Gamestop.

the lowest was $15 last BF at at least Walmart and Gamestop. Funny, I traded in my original copy to Amazon for $16.20 and then bought the DC at WM the following week for about the same after tax
Posted Image

#55 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Was this $15 on black Friday?

#56 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Does anyone do not want to use 30days trial code...

#57 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Had it free for two years being a college student then when it expired I jumped all over this deal. If you buy regularly from amazon it's the only way to go

Two years?! How did you do that? A different .edu email? Mine expired after one year. :-(

#58 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

That's the first thing I normally do after checking completeness and whether they're minty when I buy a pre-owned game is to peel the stickers off.

Me too. I fukken use Goo Gone to get all the sticker smudges off. Especially those AWD stickers... [-(

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#59 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

For those concerned with the hassle of canceling PS+, go to Account Management\Services on your PS3, select Plus: 30-Day trial, then turn off Automatic Renewal. It then says the service will still be usable until expiration, but will not renew.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#60 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:38 AM

Mine still hasn't shipped :(

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png