Heavy Rain: Director's Cut w/30 Days PS+ $19.99 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 supersizerice

supersizerice

Rick my barrs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

Just in case people are having problems getting the Taxidermist DLC to work, you need to erase the Heavy Rain Game Data in the appropriate folder if you played the original version (leave the saves and options file alone) before installing the Director's Cut. I wasted an hour trying to figure things out since it always brought me to the store to buy it instead of playing it off the disc.

#62 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

does this add anything other than just move support? (dont care about that) I bought the original game but still havent played it =P Wondering if its worth buying this.

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#63 Blinkerizo

Blinkerizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

does this add anything other than just move support? (dont care about that) I bought the original game but still havent played it =P Wondering if its worth buying this.

^_^x KD

it has all the updates in the disk + the taxidermist ( dlc). I would recommend you selling the one you have if it is still sealed and just get that one.

#64 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:47 PM

Finally it hit this price, been waiting for ages. Just barely missed out on the regular version new for $11 a long while back and haven't seen it even this low since. Hopefully it doesn't go completely bonkers like Indigo Prophecy did towards the end. I still really liked that game, but the first 2/3 is more of what I want than the last third.

By the way, does anyone know if this is better with move? I'm wondering if I should have my first playthrough be with move.

I tried both ways for a while. The Move controls take a bit of getting used to, especially as you have to remember what gesture the game is asking you to perform based on the onscreen prompt, but I found it to be far more immersive than using a DualShock.

I haven't played Indigo Prophecy yet (I just got the Director's Cut of Fahrenheit from GOG during the sale the other week), so I don't have a basis for comparison other than comments that folks have made about how the ending is weird. I can say that the ending of HR (or I should say the one that I had) is completely consistent with everything that came before, although as you may or may not know there is a "twist" about 3/4 of the way through the story that some may see coming (I didn't).

#65 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

Fahrenheit is a must play even with the twist. I've only played the PS2 version with ugly graphics, but it's one of favorite games of last gen. Such incredible atmosphere, but the story gets wacky.

#66 pharmacrest

pharmacrest

#poppinpills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Fahrenheit is a must play even with the twist. I've only played the PS2 version with ugly graphics, but it's one of favorite games of last gen. Such incredible atmosphere, but the story gets wacky.

I agree, I loved Indigo Prophecy until it started getting weird. Even then I loved the game. Just wish it hadnt gone off the deep end.

Heavy Rain was good, and I didnt see the twist either, so I loved that, but overall I got bored faster than with Indigo.

I am 35! Bitches!

Wrencrest.png

#67 chibuki

chibuki

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Are there any clue when this offer might end?

Since I'm not a Prime member, shipping is not free. I'm thinking if I could just order this together with my Borderlands 2 pre-order on September 18 so Amazon can ship them together for free.

But I've got to say this price is really good even with shipping. And why do I have the feeling that this game might pop up as PS Plus free game this year.