Record of Agarest War and Record of Agarest War Zero (360) - $12.99 each at NewEgg

no ps3 version? Damn i have 2 of the 360 collectors editions for zero, but wanted to pick up the PS3 version since the new one only came out on ps3. I cant seem to find it for around 20 bucks or less new anywhere =( I guess it was a lot rarer than the 360 one?

^_^x KD

For those not interested in the extras in the collectors editions, these are a steal at that price. Already own the collectors editions,myself.

How do these games stack up when compared to FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre? There aren't many reviews on metacritic and Amazon.

Grabbed the first one, already had the second for the same price from gamely. Sucks I'll have to get the third for PS3.

Thanks OP, I grabbed Zero. I've barely scratched the surface of the first game but that's a heckuva lot of game play for just $13. I'm sure I'll get to it one day... (the mantra of a CAG).

Coming from someone who's beaten Agarest 1, Zero and is currently playing through 2:

Agarest 1 is a great game, with an absolutely amazing battle system and amount of customization. The game is very slow, and is all about strategy. So don't expect any fast paced action or anything like that. If you enjoy strategy and creating characters the way you like them, then this game is for you. The fan-service is also very mild, despite the high emphasis on its marketing.

Agarest 0 is a good game. For better or worse, it's essentially the first game with a new coat of paint and some extras thrown in. The characters are different... but their personalities all almost directly mimic those of characters in Agarest War 1. You can pretty much match up their counterparts. The sound is higher quality, and they've added a bit of animation to the character portraits during dialogue. The main other change is the inclusion of "vacation days", which are a pretty bland way of giving you character interaction and chances of getting bonus items.

Agarest 2, from what I've played, is vastly different from its predecessors. The combat overly complicated and loses much of the strategic elements that came from the originals' simplicity and polish. It manages to be faster paced and more interactive but also feels unpolished, clunky and too complicated. There is more animation this time around and the sprites are of a higher resolution. However, they are mostly animated by tweening, which seems cheap and lazy. The game also has pretty poor pacing. It throws a heap of battles at you, until your begging for dialogue and events, then it drowns you with those until you're craving some battle to mix it up. As of my current experiences, it has not found a good balance between the two. The game has also been obnoxiously easy up to my current progress. It's nearly impossible to lose any battles. I hope this game balances itself out as I get further in, because as my current experiences with it, the first two are much better.

August, is there a clear data from zero to 2? I couldn't get into zero since having a clear data from 1 reduced a lot of grinding and such in zero.

[quote name='Byakurai']August, is there a clear data from zero to 2? I couldn't get into zero since having a clear data from 1 reduced a lot of grinding and such in zero.[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is clear data from 0 to 2. But you don't have to use it. You don't have to use 1 to 0 either.

Did the camera improve at all in Zero? I started the first a while ago and ended up having to put it on the backburner for a while. My only complaint with it though was that the camera and view of the field was terrible.

If Zero improved on that, then I'll pick it up and resume playing 1 so I can be ready for Zero.

[quote name='cjenvy']should i play zero first considering its a prequel?[/QUOTE]

No, you may transfer clear data from the first game to Zero.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Did the camera improve at all in Zero? I started the first a while ago and ended up having to put it on the backburner for a while. My only complaint with it though was that the camera and view of the field was terrible.

If Zero improved on that, then I'll pick it up and resume playing 1 so I can be ready for Zero.[/QUOTE]

I didn't have camera issues in Agarest 1 unless I was fighting multiple giant monsters. Still, it wasn't that bad. I'm not sure if it changed at all in 0, but I doubt it.

[quote name='Zaku77']You can grab the first one on PS3 on disc from the UK. It's quite cheap, too.[/QUOTE]

Good point. I hate having series across platforms... I've got the 1 and 0 on the 360 and 2 on the PS3 :\. Maybe one day I'll get the set for the PS3... but at this point, it's only for the satisfaction of owning all 3 on one system... as I've beaten 1 and 0.

That's why I decided to get them on PS3. I was going to go the 360 route, but when I saw that 2 was only getting released on PS3 I decided to go that way instead. The LE of the first game on PS3 was freakin' expensive to import!!! :/ lol

Ordered a copy of Zero.
I'm not sure if I will play it anytime soon, but when I leave for Greenland soon for work I will be taking all of my 300+ 360 games with me. I will have a lot of free time for the next year, so I might put time into the first game and this.

Hope the order goes through though. Last time I tried ordering from Newegg (a couple months ago), there was some fraud thing that got triggered on my card and the bank said that they could not let the transaction go through because of who it was (Newegg) and where it was going to (California). Shoulda gone the PayPal route but oh well... We'll see.

[quote name='Zaku77']You can grab the first one on PS3 on disc from the UK. It's quite cheap, too.[/QUOTE]

No trophies, no update patch, and you can't transfer your clear data to a US copy one zero.

[quote name='Zaku77']That's why I decided to get them on PS3. I was going to go the 360 route, but when I saw that 2 was only getting released on PS3 I decided to go that way instead. The LE of the first game on PS3 was freakin' expensive to import!!! :/ lol[/QUOTE]

It's not too hard to get a cleared save for Zero on the ps3 to import into 2.

And of course my bank still won't let purchases from Newegg go through. Luckily I was able to place another order with PayPal.
I forgot I had free ShopRunner also, so I rectified the shipping with the second order for my free 2-day-shipping.

I don't have either game but will pick up both because I'm a hoarder supporter of niche games. If I ever (unlikely) get to play them I guess it's better to play 1 first then transfer the save data to 0 to reduce the amount of grinding required in 0, right?

Ok, how bad is the loli pedophile shit in this game? The gameplay looks decent but the US trailer is beyond pathetic. Can you completely skip the story scenes?

[quote name='KanYozakura']Ok, how bad is the loli pedophile shit in this game? The gameplay looks decent but the US trailer is beyond pathetic. Can you completely skip the story scenes?[/QUOTE]

If you're skipping the story, should you be really interested in an rpg?

[quote name='ooga']If you're skipping the story, should you be really interested in an rpg?[/QUOTE]

A SRPG...maybe, depends on the battle system. I played FFT Advance back in the day, barely paid attention to the story and still loved the game due to its battle system (and then hated it again because of the retarded link cable play).

I just wish Japan would make a decent grid-based SRPG that didn't have fucking 13-year-olds offering to swallow your spunk in between battles. Same with shmups.

[quote name='KanYozakura']A SRPG...maybe, depends on the battle system. I played FFT Advance back in the day, barely paid attention to the story and still loved the game due to its battle system (and then hated it again because of the retarded link cable play).

I just wish Japan would make a decent grid-based SRPG that didn't have fucking 13-year-olds offering to swallow your spunk in between battles. Same with shmups.[/QUOTE]

Try Enchanted Arms for the 360. It is cheap as hell and has a very fun battle system which is entirely grid-based.

[quote name='Anemos']Try Enchanted Arms for the 360. It is cheap as hell and has a very fun battle system which is entirely grid-based.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll check it out...thanks!

[quote name='KanYozakura']Cool, I'll check it out...thanks![/QUOTE]

You should also check out Arc the Lad and Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky. Not quite SRPG's, more of a blend between jrpg and srpg.

Phantom Brave's made by the lolikings at NIS, but iirc there ain't much loli in that one. Oh sure, the protagonist is a 13 year old girl, but she's dressed modestly and is certainly not a woman of the night.

Devil Survivor-another srpg jrpg blend. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Soul Nomad-Didn't play much of this one so I can't tell you if it has loli's or not, but from what I played I didn't encounter many. It was pretty good, game kind of got lost in my backlog though. I might return to it someday.

Tactics Ogre-old school srpg series. PSP remake is fairly cheap these days.

Jeanne D'arc-excellent srpg made by the talented fellows over at level 5.

super robot wars-couple of these have made it over the pacific to America.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. That should keep you busy.

Blea still really wish they had the PS3 version so i could snag it for Zero.. as mentioned teh UK imports no good since you cant transfer the saves.

Im actually still leery of Newegg. Ive been emailing back and forth for a few weeks now trying to get a refund on a copy of FEAR 2 i got through a 3rd party seller from them that was a resealed used game, and NOT new

[quote name='doodofdoods']You should also check out Arc the Lad and Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky. Not quite SRPG's, more of a blend between jrpg and srpg.

Phantom Brave's made by the lolikings at NIS, but iirc there ain't much loli in that one. Oh sure, the protagonist is a 13 year old girl, but she's dressed modestly and is certainly not a woman of the night.

Devil Survivor-another srpg jrpg blend. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Soul Nomad-Didn't play much of this one so I can't tell you if it has loli's or not, but from what I played I didn't encounter many. It was pretty good, game kind of got lost in my backlog though. I might return to it someday.

Tactics Ogre-old school srpg series. PSP remake is fairly cheap these days.

Jeanne D'arc-excellent srpg made by the talented fellows over at level 5.

super robot wars-couple of these have made it over the pacific to America.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. That should keep you busy.[/QUOTE]

not sure why im helping out someone who plays RPGS and skips the story .. (seriously.. just.. wtf?) but, im gonna second Enchanted Arms. The story was meh in that anyway. Plus yo uget 1000 GS just from beating it normally

Jean D'arc is friggin AWESOME. I just played it briefly, for like 30-40 mins to see what it was like and to make sure the UMD was ok and wound up putting like 6 hours into it before stopping. The story is weird and interesting and the gameplays awesome

Soul nomad was a VERY fun game. Its got a weird twist on the SRPG where you organize your characters into small groups/armies. One serious word of warning through if you care about New game+.. the best characters are the ones you recruit in towns instead of creating. THey have higher starting stats. Because of this i made the majority of my army out of these guys... Well, it seems they do NOT cary over to NG+ so when i started up to get one of the other endings, about 80% of my army was missing! >_< Friggin bullshit. I lost all desire to play it again after that.

But the story in it is very interesting and unique and the characters are damn cool. YOu can actually beat it really quick by just letting the evil world eater inside you take over near the begining. Kinda amusing. As far as lolis.. none that i can recall. Your Cow-girl best friend is like a teenager or something, and if i remember right there was a pretty flat chested character from the Nerids (mermaids basically) but she wasn't a loli. Just a very lithe, slender chick.

Both really good games, just dont screw yourself on soul nomad like i did

^_^x KD

I just got the game in the mail, and I can tell the game is loose in the case. I didn't open it yet, what should I do?

Is it a ps3 or 360 game? If it's PS3 don't even worry about it. If it's 360 you still probably don't need to worry about it, but that is more your call.

Never could figure out why (in North America) Agarest 2 is a PS3 exclusive, Agarest 1 was a 360 exclusive, and Zero was multi-platform. If you could transfer saves I'd import Ag 1 for PS3 but since you can't I'll just stick with 360 on it.

[quote name='KtMack23']I just got the game in the mail, and I can tell the game is loose in the case. I didn't open it yet, what should I do?[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I hate it when this happens, and it seems to happen a lot. Thought the cases were designed to hold the disc in place. But I've never had one get unplayably damaged because of it so I wouldn't worry too much.

There is no Agarest 2 on 360, as far as I know. It's not a regional thing. I just don't think it exists. You could always do what I did: Buy them all on PS3 (including importing the first one [get the LE if you're really crazy, like me! lol]) then just buy the first on our PSN when you want to play it, so that the saves can still all be transferred.

[quote name='morrodox']Never could figure out why (in North America) Agarest 2 is a PS3 exclusive, Agarest 1 was a 360 exclusive, and Zero was multi-platform. If you could transfer saves I'd import Ag 1 for PS3 but since you can't I'll just stick with 360 on it.
[/QUOTE]

Agarest 1 is actually available on PS3 in NA as a downloadable title on PSN.

[quote name='Zaku77']Is it a ps3 or 360 game? If it's PS3 don't even worry about it. If it's 360 you still probably don't need to worry about it, but that is more your call.[/QUOTE]

It was the first game for 360, but installed fine so we're good.

bread's done
Back