Mortal Kombat (Vita) $20 GameStop & Amazon

MARS13AR

CAG Veteran
*Edit 7/7*

Probably won't last for long, but $10 online only as of 7/7 @2am

Looks like they price dropped it before 7/7

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/mortal-kombat/98982

Amazon price matched it

http://www.amazon.com/Mortal-Kombat-playstation-vita/dp/B0074LJ3CE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341527102&sr=8-1&keywords=mortal+kombat+vita

Originally Posted by Saix_XIII
In theory yes, 100% yes it should have the online pass. A gutted game in Gamestops eyes is new and should include everything a new copy does. If it does NOT have an online pass and should include one, MK Vita does not include one in general just in case you are worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the GameStop Weekly Ad has it listed as $19.99. I wonder if they did that because of the misprint. Maybe it'll be $9.99 on 7/7! (Yeah, no way.)

I submitted to amazon anyway just to see if they bite. The 3 GS around me dont carry many vita games so I prob wont be able to go and pick one up.

[quote name='Auburn']Yeah, the GameStop Weekly Ad has it listed as $19.99. I wonder if they did that because of the misprint. Maybe it'll be $9.99 on 7/7! (Yeah, no way.)[/QUOTE]

$9.99 would sell like hotcakes!

Might have to bite. The only games I really want a price drop for are MGS Collection, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted. I already have MK for ps3, but I never betlat the campaign.

Would be nice to have something new to play for once though.

Edit: wait...thought there's just one Vita game on sale per day? Thought this was Saturdays deal?

time to get my $20 back from BB that'll leave 4 more vita games that I need to get money back from & 1 PS3 title. $110 back

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Might have to bite. The only games I really want a price drop for are MGS Collection, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted. I already have MK for ps3, but I never betlat the campaign.

Would be nice to have something new to play for once though.

Edit: wait...thought there's just one Vita game on sale per day? Thought this was Saturdays deal?[/QUOTE]

It was supposed to be a daily deal but due to the misprint in the weekly ad they probably made it last all week.

[quote name='Auburn']It was supposed to be a daily deal but due to the misprint in the weekly ad they probably made it last all week.[/QUOTE]

I really wish OP's put the actual ad out. Some stores claim (lie) that online prices are different from retail. the actual ad solve that

It would have been great if they did the whole Vita sale for the whole week. I'll be picking up MK today but it would be nice to grab WipEout too since I'll be picking that up on Sunday.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I really wish OP's put the actual ad out. Some stores claim (lie) that online prices are different from retail. the actual ad solve that[/QUOTE]

Weekly ads are supposed to be displayed in stores. It should be in an acrylic holder on the cash wrap somewhere.

[quote name='Auburn']Weekly ads are supposed to be displayed in stores. It should be in an acrylic holder on the cash wrap somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you :D

This is a fantastic deal on a great game. I would pick it up if I didn't already have it. If you own a Vita, you must jump on this deal.

[quote name='typesdragon']Does the vita version let you play other players online or this is just a single player campaign?[/QUOTE]

It is online also.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Got a used mortal kombat for 17.09 after the 10% off. They just put it on the shelf a few minutes ago too lmao. Awsome ![/QUOTE]

Not worth buying used though unless there is an online pass with it.

[quote name='Jacoblee23']Not worth buying used though unless there is an online pass with it.[/QUOTE]

The vita version doesn't require an online pass to play online as a new copy doesn't come with a pass code.

[quote name='strait edge follower']This is good news :)[/QUOTE]

Edit: Nevermind. I see it's $18.99 used and $17.09 if you use trade in credit. I thought it would be $17.99 used.

Picked one up in-store. Loving the Vita version so far. Like the Vita additions including the new Challenge Tower, all the DLC characters, and the Swipe Fatalities.

I'm not sure whether to consider this or Blazblue for a portable fighter. Fighting games aren't really my favorite genre, but I could possibly get more into it via portability. MK is a little...violent for my tastes, but the sheer volume of content is tempting, though I'm not sure how I'd like the fighting system; I love the art style of Blazblue, but I'm not sure how long it'd last me in a single-player sense and (like with MK) I don't know if I could get into the fighting system.

:whistle2:k

This is a great game, touch screen for fatalities, free online, full featured with unique challenge tower. Must have for vita.

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm not sure whether to consider this or Blazblue for a portable fighter. Fighting games aren't really my favorite genre, but I could possibly get more into it via portability. MK is a little...violent for my tastes, but the sheer volume of content is tempting, though I'm not sure how I'd like the fighting system; I love the art style of Blazblue, but I'm not sure how long it'd last me in a single-player sense and (like with MK) I don't know if I could get into the fighting system.

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]by both used & try em out you'll have a better sense of what you want then.

I picked one of these up, but I'm hoping to trade it for Fifa Soccer or Resistance. I'm hitting up all the Craigslist sellers that have either of those games, and hoping to do a swap. I'm gonna do the same thing with Unit 13 tomorrow.

So I picked it up a couple hours ago and really loving it even though I played the hell out of the PS3 version.

I love how they didn't slack off with the Vita port and included the DLC characters from the PS3.

[quote name='kraftwerks']Used a $10 power up reward coupon to get it for $10 "new". Got the last copy so it was gutted.[/QUOTE]

Gutted = used, no matter how much GS employees try to explain otherwise. Once THEY open it, its used, period. But you still got a good deal, just think of it as $20 used.

I also got the last copy. I have heard about gutted gamestop games before but
Ive never gotten one myself. It took like 5 mins for the clerk to explain to me that
The game had already been opened lol.

I really dont like this but i guess it doesnt matter that much.
Does anyone know if you still get pass codes from gutted gamestop games? Kinda like gamefly?

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I also got the last copy. I have heard about gutted gamestop games before but
Ive never gotten one myself. It took like 5 mins for the clerk to explain to me that
The game had already been opened lol.

I really dont like this but i guess it doesnt matter that much.
Does anyone know if you still get pass codes from gutted gamestop games? Kinda like gamefly?[/QUOTE]

In theory yes, 100% yes it should have the online pass. A gutted game in Gamestops eyes is new and should include everything a new copy does. If it does NOT have an online pass and should include one, MK Vita does not include one in general just in case you are worried.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']In theory yes, 100% yes it should have the online pass. A gutted game in Gamestops eyes is new and should include everything a new copy does. If it does NOT have an online pass and should include one, MK Vita does not include one in general just in case you are worried.[/QUOTE]
ah ok thx.
Yeah i was worried at the store because I remembered MK on the 360 had an online pass.
Now I understand all the hate on Gamestop a little better.

I have bought gutted games from GS that were complete, but I buy them reluctantly and I inspect them very carefully. I much rather spend $5 more and get it sealed and complete.

Here is another kicker for you. GS sells open games as brand new for full price, but refuses to allow a customer to return a new game that is opened for a refund. Seems like a double standard to me.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I have bought gutted games from GS that were complete, but I buy them reluctantly and I inspect them very carefully. I much rather spend $5 more and get it sealed and complete.

Here is another kicker for you. GS sells open games as brand new for full price, but refuses to allow a customer to return a new game that is opened for a refund. Seems like a double standard to me.[/QUOTE]

WOW DUDE !
i was just thinking the same exact thing.
they will never take a game back that has been open, because its "used" but when they sell a game that is open (guted) they are like, "no man this game is brand new, and i will sell it to you for full price as a new copy" dont get me wrong its not the guy at the register fault, they just do and say what they are told, but still i think guted copys are used in my eyes.

but what i cant understand is, what exactly is a guted copy, why was it open in the first place ? now i know some people that work at GS are allowed to borrow games, so im thinking it might be somthing like that ?
but i really dont know why game stop haves opened games in the first place ? i have bought some guted copys befor, so i do know what it is, but just dont know why.

[quote name='Alex121006']but what i cant understand is, what exactly is a guted copy, why was it open in the first place ? now i know some people that work at GS are allowed to borrow games, so im thinking it might be somthing like that ?
but i really dont know why game stop haves opened games in the first place ? i have bought some guted copys befor, so i do know what it is, but just dont know why.[/QUOTE]

They open it to display the box on the shelves. They take the game out and leave the box there so you can take the game to the counter when you buy it. I usually asked if they have a sealed copy. If they don't I won't buy simple as that.

bread's done
Back