• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

too bad they didn't discount the download version too

#32 BrownThunder

BrownThunder

Professor of Crunkonomics

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:16 PM

Game is awesome. my PSN is BrownThunder85 if anyone wants to beat up on someone terrible :(

#33 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Just used kratos's blade of Olympus FATALITY !!! Love this game !
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#34 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'm not sure whether to consider this or Blazblue for a portable fighter. Fighting games aren't really my favorite genre, but I could possibly get more into it via portability. MK is a little...violent for my tastes, but the sheer volume of content is tempting, though I'm not sure how I'd like the fighting system; I love the art style of Blazblue, but I'm not sure how long it'd last me in a single-player sense and (like with MK) I don't know if I could get into the fighting system.

:-k

by both used & try em out you'll have a better sense of what you want then.

#35 Anthony1

Anthony1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

I picked one of these up, but I'm hoping to trade it for Fifa Soccer or Resistance. I'm hitting up all the Craigslist sellers that have either of those games, and hoping to do a swap. I'm gonna do the same thing with Unit 13 tomorrow.

#36 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

So I picked it up a couple hours ago and really loving it even though I played the hell out of the PS3 version.

I love how they didn't slack off with the Vita port and included the DLC characters from the PS3.

#37 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:22 PM

Used a $10 power up reward coupon to get it for $10 "new". Got the last copy so it was gutted.

#38 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Used a $10 power up reward coupon to get it for $10 "new". Got the last copy so it was gutted.

Gutted = used, no matter how much GS employees try to explain otherwise. Once THEY open it, its used, period. But you still got a good deal, just think of it as $20 used.

#39 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

I also got the last copy. I have heard about gutted gamestop games before but
Ive never gotten one myself. It took like 5 mins for the clerk to explain to me that
The game had already been opened lol.

I really dont like this but i guess it doesnt matter that much.
Does anyone know if you still get pass codes from gutted gamestop games? Kinda like gamefly?

#40 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

I also got the last copy. I have heard about gutted gamestop games before but
Ive never gotten one myself. It took like 5 mins for the clerk to explain to me that
The game had already been opened lol.

I really dont like this but i guess it doesnt matter that much.
Does anyone know if you still get pass codes from gutted gamestop games? Kinda like gamefly?

In theory yes, 100% yes it should have the online pass. A gutted game in Gamestops eyes is new and should include everything a new copy does. If it does NOT have an online pass and should include one, MK Vita does not include one in general just in case you are worried.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#41 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

In theory yes, 100% yes it should have the online pass. A gutted game in Gamestops eyes is new and should include everything a new copy does. If it does NOT have an online pass and should include one, MK Vita does not include one in general just in case you are worried.

ah ok thx.
Yeah i was worried at the store because I remembered MK on the 360 had an online pass.
Now I understand all the hate on Gamestop a little better.

#42 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

I have bought gutted games from GS that were complete, but I buy them reluctantly and I inspect them very carefully. I much rather spend $5 more and get it sealed and complete.

Here is another kicker for you. GS sells open games as brand new for full price, but refuses to allow a customer to return a new game that is opened for a refund. Seems like a double standard to me.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#43 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

I have bought gutted games from GS that were complete, but I buy them reluctantly and I inspect them very carefully. I much rather spend $5 more and get it sealed and complete.

Here is another kicker for you. GS sells open games as brand new for full price, but refuses to allow a customer to return a new game that is opened for a refund. Seems like a double standard to me.

WOW DUDE !
i was just thinking the same exact thing.
they will never take a game back that has been open, because its "used" but when they sell a game that is open (guted) they are like, "no man this game is brand new, and i will sell it to you for full price as a new copy" dont get me wrong its not the guy at the register fault, they just do and say what they are told, but still i think guted copys are used in my eyes.

#44 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

but what i cant understand is, what exactly is a guted copy, why was it open in the first place ? now i know some people that work at GS are allowed to borrow games, so im thinking it might be somthing like that ?
but i really dont know why game stop haves opened games in the first place ? i have bought some guted copys befor, so i do know what it is, but just dont know why.

#45 typesdragon

typesdragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

but what i cant understand is, what exactly is a guted copy, why was it open in the first place ? now i know some people that work at GS are allowed to borrow games, so im thinking it might be somthing like that ?
but i really dont know why game stop haves opened games in the first place ? i have bought some guted copys befor, so i do know what it is, but just dont know why.

They open it to display the box on the shelves. They take the game out and leave the box there so you can take the game to the counter when you buy it. I usually asked if they have a sealed copy. If they don't I won't buy simple as that.

#46 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Picked up a used copy for $13.XX. Got an additional 20% using a "birthday coupon" that GS emailed. Better yet, the manager couldn't get the code to work and had to do an override and so my coupon code is still valid for my next used game purchase.

#47 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2012 - 11:30 PM

They open it to display the box on the shelves. They take the game out and leave the box there so you can take the game to the counter when you buy it. I usually asked if they have a sealed copy. If they don't I won't buy simple as that.

But generally they have just 1 display copy which should suggest that there's several sealed copies in the back.

#48 Anhmeister

Anhmeister

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

I'm not sure whether to consider this or Blazblue for a portable fighter. Fighting games aren't really my favorite genre, but I could possibly get more into it via portability. MK is a little...violent for my tastes, but the sheer volume of content is tempting, though I'm not sure how I'd like the fighting system; I love the art style of Blazblue, but I'm not sure how long it'd last me in a single-player sense and (like with MK) I don't know if I could get into the fighting system.

:-k

Blazblue has the same if not more single player content in it than MK, so if the style interests you more, get Blazblue.

#49 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:52 AM

Crap, I forgot to ask for a Gamestock card lol

#50 violentfox

violentfox

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

is gamestop open today?

#51 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

i see ps3 version as dropped as well. looks like i know what im getting tomorrow :D

my power up expired years ago but can i still use my $5 off coupon from PUR? i have some reward points for buying some games in the past month.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#52 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:23 AM

I forgot how cheap shao kahn can be lmao
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#53 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

grabbed one, thnx don't have to wait untl sat. My GS was open until 6pm. Also grabbed some old PSP movies for under $2, cloudy meatballs, spiderman3, and national treasure 2.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 xDerekRx

xDerekRx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

Should be a must buy at this price for all vita owners. Its the one vita game I still play almost every day online. Just such a good conversion.

#55 lito88

lito88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

How long does the sale last?

#56 saiyajinsc

saiyajinsc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 AM

Should be a must buy at this price for all vita owners. Its the one vita game I still play almost every day online. Just such a good conversion.

how's the online? does it run smooth for you, Whenever I play fifa and its very laggy so im not sure what the overall experience is online for vita.

#57 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

ive had this game for a while now and really like it, so what do some of you think of it since you got it ?

#58 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

How long does the sale last?

I thought the deal was only for this Saturday, but I guess you're safe to wait until that day at least.

#59 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Just nabbed mine used for $18.29. Stoked to play some more.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#60 Todd33

Todd33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:55 PM

Ordered from Amazon, thanks GS!