Best PS3 games in terms of Story?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:04 AM

I'm going to second "Folklore". One of the most underrated games this gen.

As for "Deus Ex" it depends if you're a Cyberpunk whore. If you're not as into it you may not enjoy the story.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#32 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Heavenly Sword. Most underrated game for PS3 IMO.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#33 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yakuza series is very story involved, very good twists and makes you care for each character.
-you must read subtitles though

#34 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Finally got around to playing and beating Uncharted 3. EPIC story it's like a summer blockbuster movie on crack. Could live without the 100 fist fight button pressing sequences....WTF were they thinking.... Still great games and storyline.

#35 ThePriceIsRight

ThePriceIsRight

Kupo b*tch!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

Finally got around to playing and beating Uncharted 3. EPIC story it's like a summer blockbuster movie on crack. Could live without the 100 fist fight button pressing sequences....WTF were they thinking.... Still great games and storyline.

If you think U3 story was great, play U2's. Much better :-)

In terms of story, you can never go wrong with a Final Fantasy game so I suggest trying FFXIII & FFXIII-2. If you dont mind playing old classics, then play FFX & VIII.

Also the Metal Gear Solid series has a great stroy but you need to play MGS1 2 3 & 4 to fully understand it. If you hate long dialogue, then stay away from any MGS game :-P

#36 GBH

GBH

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

To me out of the games i have played i would highly recommend heavy rain, valkyria chronicles, catherine, Uncharted, any metal gear, and mass effect 2. Mass effect 2 and valkyria chronicles are must plays imo.

#37 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

Yakuza series is very story involved, very good twists and makes you care for each character.
-you must read subtitles though

My yakuza 4 is still sealed but I didn't really like yakuza 3... The start is a drag if you never played the first two. The flashbacks of yakuza 1-2 had a lot of missing details that make you love the series so much. You really need to play 1-2 8-)
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#38 screwkick

screwkick

It's T-Shirt Time...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Falllout 3

#39 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:13 PM

If you think U3 story was great, play U2's. Much better :-)

In terms of story, you can never go wrong with a Final Fantasy game so I suggest trying FFXIII & FFXIII-2. If you dont mind playing old classics, then play FFX & VIII.

Also the Metal Gear Solid series has a great stroy but you need to play MGS1 2 3 & 4 to fully understand it. If you hate long dialogue, then stay away from any MGS game :-P

U2 was overall the better game, but I REALLY appreciated the Drake and Sully back story. IMO it was really well done and made the story of U3 my favorite of the series.

I used to like the Final Fantasy games when I was younger and was recently still enjoying playing FFIV. However, even as pretty as the newer ones are I just have not gotten used to the new gameplay.

I recently finished Arkham Asylum and am currently playing Mass Effect 1 on my 360. I've gotten farther in it and am pretty confident that I will actually finish it this time. Then I will be free to move on to the rest of the series!

#40 zonte94

zonte94

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

I would recommend NIER and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Castlevania is really good, especially for a reboot of the series, and is has great platforming and combat elements.

NIER is a relatively inexpensive game now( $15-ish?) and is worth more than the price with an interesting story, humorous dialogue, and multiple endings that will make you replay this game over and over again.

Good thing you are getting god of war III, the graphics of that game are the best on the ps3 imo, mainly because of Krato's close up when you press new game :D
You are not a real cheap ass until you sign up with points2shop. Click the image below and earn prizes like PSN cards or game accessories by just sitting at your computer.

Posted Image

#41 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:21 AM

I would recommend NIER and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. Castlevania is really good, especially for a reboot of the series, and is has great platforming and combat elements.

NIER is a relatively inexpensive game now( $15-ish?) and is worth more than the price with an interesting story, humorous dialogue, and multiple endings that will make you replay this game over and over again.

Good thing you are getting god of war III, the graphics of that game are the best on the ps3 imo, mainly because of Krato's close up when you press new game :D

I'll 2nd Nier, awesome game. OP asked for story and this has it. It should be $15 new at Newegg, but I've seen it down to $10 sometimes. $15 well worth it, and do at least one New Game+ (puts you at last part of game, not full redo) the added context and cutscenes give a new meaning to the story, amazing.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection may have been PS2 games, but they're updated for HD, and 2 of the best stories counting last gen too.

Assassin's Creed II, the ending is awesome. Brotherhood and Revelations not really so much.

FFXIII and FFXIII-2 if you can follow the stories, they look amazing and battle system is cool.

Dues Ex: Human Revolution. The ending is dumb, but the story was intriguing to me overall throughout it. Upgrades reminded me of the original on PC yet not the same. No forced run and gun moments (except boss battles), you can play how you like, all stealth if you want.

Heavy Rain was great. It's like an interactive movie, so be prepared for that.

The Uncharted series. Epic stories and set pieces. I just didn't like the forced gunplay sections. Better than any India Jones game could/would ever be.

List of some other games I enjoyed, with maybe not as strong emphasis on story: Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Enslaved, Darksiders, Journey, Borderlands, Heavenly Sword, Skyrim, and Beyond Good and Evil HD is a cheap download title of a great last gen game/story.

#42 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

I FINALLY finished Mass Effect 1! It only took 5 years and several re-purchases. I'm really glad I stuck with it this time and got through it. The story is pretty good and made me want to dive right into ME2. I have to say that the interactive comic in ME2 was REALLY well done. It does a pretty good job covering the story of the first game, but it can't recreate the emotional factor behind the choices you made.

As for ME2, I have about 15 hours into it so far. I heard it was a different from ME1, but I guess I did not realize how much different it was until I started playing it. The opening scene was incredible and the overall story is pretty good so far. Some of the game mechanics are taking some getting used to and parts of the game feel kind of linear, but it's overall been a fun experience. However, the load screens for saving the game and the elevator have been annoyingly long and have made me consider moving to an SSD drive...