Hitman: Blood Money XBL $14.99

farfromhome

CAG Veteran
For today only, 7/4, Hitman: Blood Money is only $14.99 on Xbox Games on Demand. I've been wanting to get this game for awhile after hearing Cheapy and the Giant Bomb crew rave about it.

Sorry if this is a repost.

I keep trying to play Hitman but I'm absolutely atrocious. I have no subtlety whatsoever in real life and somehow it carries over into my gameplaying. I never made it past the
hunting party
level.

[quote name='Survivalism']I keep trying to play Hitman but I'm absolutely atrocious. I have no subtlety whatsoever in real life and somehow it carries over into my gameplaying. I never made it past the
hunting party
level.[/QUOTE]

i havent played this game since 06 iwas only in my teens then but my dad buyed it for me at gamestop becus i was 2 young. but if i remember, begfore it was stoled from me at school cus i was going 2 let my friend borrow it, it had difficuloty levels u should have played it on easy if it was 2 hard. but i will jus buy anoither used 1 at gamestop when i get sum credit there becus i dont feel like wating 4 it 2 download digitally.

[quote name='namispep']i havent played this game since 06 iwas only in my teens then but my dad buyed it for me at gamestop becus i was 2 young. but if i remember, begfore it was stoled from me at school cus i was going 2 let my friend borrow it, it had difficuloty levels u should have played it on easy if it was 2 hard. but i will jus buy anoither used 1 at gamestop when i get sum credit there becus i dont feel like wating 4 it 2 download digitally.[/QUOTE]

Translation?

[quote name='namispep']i havent played this game since 06 iwas only in my teens then but my dad buyed it for me at gamestop becus i was 2 young. but if i remember, begfore it was stoled from me at school cus i was going 2 let my friend borrow it, it had difficuloty levels u should have played it on easy if it was 2 hard. but i will jus buy anoither used 1 at gamestop when i get sum credit there becus i dont feel like wating 4 it 2 download digitally.[/QUOTE]

Your dad should've also taught you grammar.

there is a hitman HD collection in the works. I would just wait for that. it will probably be around $30 for all three titles.

Pretty sure this is a troll account

[quote name='WV Matsui']Translation?[/QUOTE]

No problem.

"I have not played this game since 2006, and I was only in my teens, and my father had to purchase it for me because I was underage. If I remember correctly, it was stolen from me at school before I could let my friend borrow it. I remember it having very difficult levels that I most definitely should have played on easy, I was just to naive at the time to realize it. If I feel like partaking it it again soon, I will probably buy it from GameStop, as I do not like the time it takes to download with my internet connection."

Phew! It was difficult, but I did it!

I just watched a video review of it and it reminds me too much of Kayne and Lynch. I'm sure it's better, but I can wait till the new one comes out to dive into the series.

[quote name='tmly']I just watched a video review of it and it reminds me too much of Kayne and Lynch. I'm sure it's better, but I can wait till the new one comes out to dive into the series.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty much nothing like K & L. That game is such a turd.

[quote name='Dark Rider']No problem.

"I have not played this game since 2006, and I was only in my teens, and my father had to purchase it for me because I was underage. If I remember correctly, it was stolen from me at school before I could let my friend borrow it. I remember it having very difficult levels that I most definitely should have played on easy, I was just to naive at the time to realize it. If I feel like partaking it it again soon, I will probably buy it from GameStop, as I do not like the time it takes to download with my internet connection."

Phew! It was difficult, but I did it![/QUOTE]

TYVM for that. My eyes just hurt from the sight of that mess.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Pretty sure this is a troll account[/QUOTE]
I thought it was a troll account but it's just too good at trolling, i'm starting to doubt myself

[quote name='Gosha']People should buy Spelunky instead of this.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking now after playing the demo. It just wasn't it for me, I may have liked it if I played back in 06.

[quote name='tmly']I just watched a video review of it and it reminds me too much of Kayne and Lynch.[/QUOTE]

You should be arrested just for comparing Hitman to Kane and Lynch.

[quote name='wwe101']there is a hitman HD collection in the works. I would just wait for that. it will probably be around $30 for all three titles.[/QUOTE]

Nice. I was thinking about getting into the series and picking up the PS2/xbox versions used on Amazon. I guess I'll just wait now. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Flying Frog']You should be arrested just for comparing Hitman to Kane and Lynch.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the video game nerd police can come get me for expressing an opinion.

[quote name='garrett007']That's what I'm thinking now after playing the demo. It just wasn't it for me, I may have liked it if I played back in 06.[/QUOTE]

I played this a few weeks ago (I played the whole game) and if you enjoy stealth games, don't play the demo, buy the game. The controls are less than spectacular BUT the game, once you learn how to play, is AMAZING. The demo will, almost undoubtedly, not show why this game is great. Even after playing the first two levels (and especially the first level) I was ready to call it terrible and quit, but about 3-4 levels in you learn why the game is so great.

As the disc version is very hard to get and I think they keyboard mouse controls are even worse, I would suggest you get the XBL version.

[quote name='tmly']Yes, the video game nerd police can come get me for expressing an opinion.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure anyone using this site should use the word "nerd" in a derogatory way. Even if you think you are not a nerd, you most likely are...just own it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure anyone using this site should use the word "nerd" in a derogatory way. Even if you think you are not a nerd, you most likely are...just own it.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge nerd and proud of it, but I'm still entitled to an opinion.

This game is ancient. $15 seems a bit on the pricey side, especially since several other oldies have recently been on sale on XBL for 4-5 bucks.

Why is it that the disc version is so difficult to find? Just how rare is this thing?

On a sidenote, pretty good game but dear Lord it can be difficult to pass some of those levels. I always get caught dragging bodies around or for some magical reason enemies see through my sneaky ruses like they are assassin-seeking missiles.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This game is ancient. $15 seems a bit on the pricey side, especially since several other oldies have recently been on sale on XBL for 4-5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Hitman is also about $70 new.

Is this the one where you have to sneak in a kids birthday party to assassinate his father? I' can't remember if it was this one or Contracts but I remember having a ton of fun back in the day.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Is this the one where you have to sneak in a kids birthday party to assassinate his father? I' can't remember if it was this one or Contracts but I remember having a ton of fun back in the day.[/QUOTE]

Are we still talking about a game here?

Never played the series. Not super nuts about stealth games, but the consensus here is that it's great. Someone sway me I'm thinking about "pulling the trigger" before midnight.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This game is ancient. $15 seems a bit on the pricey side, especially since several other oldies have recently been on sale on XBL for 4-5 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Definitely seems it but when you compare to all other places it's never dropped much below the $20 price point. I've never seen it as low as $15 before (not saying it's never happened, just never seen it personally).

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Why is it that the disc version is so difficult to find? Just how rare is this thing?[/QUOTE]
Quick search has it for sale at GS, Amazon, and GoHastings. All used though or for an outrageous price new. New does seem to be pretty rare.

[quote name='bajingo']Never played the series. Not super nuts about stealth games, but the consensus here is that it's great. Someone sway me I'm thinking about "pulling the trigger" before midnight.[/QUOTE]

If you like Splinter Cell, you'll probably like Hitman. Probably the closest comparison I can think of right now.

[quote name='thenutman69321']

Quick search has it for sale at GS, Amazon, and GoHastings. All used though or for an outrageous price new. New does seem to be pretty rare.[/QUOTE]

Yep, new is an outrageous price and I don't know why...even used copies in very good condition tend to sell for a decent chunk of coin. Weird.

I just watched a gameplay video of this game, the one with him knocking on a surveillance van and left a poisoned donut box. Lol those agents ate the donuts.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Nice. I was thinking about getting into the series and picking up the PS2/xbox versions used on Amazon. I guess I'll just wait now. Thanks for the heads up![/QUOTE]

Word.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I just watched a gameplay video of this game, the one with him knocking on a surveillance van and left a poisoned donut box. Lol those agents ate the donuts.[/QUOTE]

I remember that level. That was great. I love this game. I played and beat it a few years ago, but recently rebought it at Gamestop used with a gift card I had. If I didn't , I would pick this up for $15 for sure. Great game. I can't wait for Absolution!

[quote name='tmly']I just watched a video review of it and it reminds me too much of Kayne and Lynch. I'm sure it's better, but I can wait till the new one comes out to dive into the series.[/QUOTE]

Lol what?

[quote name='wwe101']there is a hitman HD collection in the works. I would just wait for that. it will probably be around $30 for all three titles.[/QUOTE]

Wait a second.... really??

:drool: :drool: :drool:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Yep, new is an outrageous price and I don't know why...even used copies in very good condition tend to sell for a decent chunk of coin. Weird.[/QUOTE]
It's the same thing with Need For Speed Most Wanted. It is because they are launch titles from 2005 or so and have been OOP for years.

This seems like a good deal if you don't mind DD. I do, however, so I will be picking up a copy from a local store for $15 sometime soon (they have 2 for $14.99).

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Wait a second.... really??

:drool: :drool: :drool:[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that either. That's pretty awesome. The level that @thetruth1983 posted was a ton of fun. This game is worth the asking price.

Probably should be mentioned that NOTHING has been confirmed yet, and the rumored game has only been listed for PS3 at this point.

[quote name='Gosha']People should buy Spelunky instead of this.[/QUOTE]

Nah...

Yes! I think I'm more excited for the HD collection than I am for Absolution. I absolutely love this series. The Hitman games are the best games that no one has ever played, lost gems! I am so upset at how underrated this series is. I would take blood money over any of the recent triple A titles.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Probably should be mentioned that NOTHING has been confirmed yet, and the rumored game has only been listed for PS3 at this point.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking if it came out I was betting it would be an exclusive like the other HD remakes, but then they did start selling hitman on Xbox as well so who knows. PS3, Xbox, if it came out I would get it for either. Prob PS3 seeing as I had them for PS2.

[quote name='wwe101']Yes! I think I'm more excited for the HD collection than I am for Absolution. I absolutely love this series. The Hitman games are the best games that no one has ever played, lost gems! I am so upset at how underrated this series is. I would take blood money over any of the recent triple A titles.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Blood Money was great. I liked Contracts as well though, "Traditions Of The Trade" where you could hide the shotgun in the box of roses was fantastic.

I'm in on this. The gameplay for the series is still fantastic as modern titles water down the stealth. Even though I'm not terribly crazy about digital distribution as I can't resell afterwards, I'm in at this price. Into the backlog you go.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Your dad should've also taught you grammar.[/QUOTE]
He should of taught you to have respect for others... :applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Why is it that the disc version is so difficult to find? Just how rare is this thing?

On a sidenote, pretty good game but dear Lord it can be difficult to pass some of those levels. I always get caught dragging bodies around or for some magical reason enemies see through my sneaky ruses like they are assassin-seeking missiles.[/QUOTE]

I've played through this games a couple times. Great game. The only Hitman I could just kill everyone in. There were no witnesses because I literally killed everyone. :lol:

As someone else said it was one of the good launch titles and been OOP for a while. Also launch titles generally have lower print runs and I'm pretty sure this wasn't re-released as Platinum Hits

But yea try to find a copy from GS. Disc >>x1000>> digital

Thanks OP, I've never played any Hitman games and heard this was a great start. Been looking for this one for a while after hearing Cheapy and Patrick K (Giantbomb) rave about it and even though I try to avoid expensive downloadble games this is too convenient and tempting to pass up! I hope it holds up after 6 years, man that makes me feel old.

bread's done
Back