YMMV Hastings in-store $2.99 games blowout!

pseudonem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
46 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd put it up.

I picked up the following, new and sealed, for $2.99 each:

Enslaved Odyssey to the West - XBOX 360
Quantum Theory - XBOX 360
Alpha Protocol - PS3

They had a bunch of other stuff like Brutal Legend at this price.

I put this as YMMV because these deals aren't listed in Hastings' weekly ad.

Forgot to mention that this was at the Stephenville, Texas store.

All six people who have a Hastings store near them can enjoy this deal.

But in all seriousness, pretty damn good deal, especially on Enslaved.

Titles vary by store. I saw Alpha Protocol for 360 at two stores in Texas, tons of DS shovel ware at another, and Brutal Legend for 360/PS3 at another. Have yet to visit my hometown store but I haven't seen Enslaved anywhere, and I've been to like 5 stores since Sunday.

They had a ton of the burger king 360 games at Richland, WA store. Also a ton of rock band 1 and metal track pack for both 360 and ps3. I don't remember seeing enslaved or alpha protocol, but did see most of the other stuff already mentioned.

And also a few random pre-owned games were included on the shelf. Nothing too notable on the pre-owns and no more than 2 copies of each.

The nintendo stuff was outside by the entrance and the other was inside.

[quote name='HydroX']Titles vary by store. I saw Alpha Protocol for 360 at two stores in Texas, tons of DS shovel ware at another, and Brutal Legend for 360/PS3 at another. Have yet to visit my hometown store but I haven't seen Enslaved anywhere, and I've been to like 5 stores since Sunday.[/QUOTE]

My store only had 2 Enslaved. That said, there are a ton of Alpha Protocol and Brutal Legend.

I miss my Hastings. Sure it was in my old college town which is a 40 minute drive, but it was worth it.

Think I'll have to swing by the Richland store today...
[quote name='loomis1975']They had a ton of the burger king 360 games at Richland, WA store. Also a ton of rock band 1 and metal track pack for both 360 and ps3. I don't remember seeing enslaved or alpha protocol, but did see most of the other stuff already mentioned.

And also a few random pre-owned games were included on the shelf. Nothing too notable on the pre-owns and no more than 2 copies of each.

The nintendo stuff was outside by the entrance and the other was inside.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='morrodox']I miss my Hastings. Sure it was in my old college town which is a 40 minute drive, but it was worth it.[/QUOTE]
Where are you from? There's a Hastings in my semi-old college town about 40 minutes away.

Cool I may check this out.

Do they only trade in the lastest cds movies and games or do they take anything? I have loads of old cds and dvds i need to get rid of.

Went by the Hastings in Rio Rancho, NM. They had a ton of Burger King games. Rock Band Track Pack 2, Rock of the Dead, Rock Revolution, Where the Wild Things Are, and some Kinect game.

I snagged Brutal Legend and the last Metal Rock Band Track Pack.

Remembered this on my way home, so I checked out the Cape Girardeau store:

They had a rack with some of the titles mentioned, but none were that cheap. The Burger King games were $4.99. Most other titles were $7.99 or $9.99 and included: Where The Wild Things Are and the Fallout 3 DLC 2 pack (oh boy).

Walked around the rest of the store making sure I didn't miss anything.

I love my Hastings, but it attracts some of the crappiest people. I was also excited to learn there is another store about 1 hour away.... I smell a road trip in my future.

Not bad at all! Need to ask my sister to go to her Hastings for me and walk her through what to buy. I will not miss out on a good deal Haha
sis

My local store has this rack and it's LOADED with a ton of titles, but there's a sign stating "Buy 2, get one for 1 cent" on it. The $2.99 is nowhere to be found. I was going to have someone scan a couple games but I really didn't want to bother anyone over some games I may never even play to begin with.

My store had a rack full of these 2.99 games for the last few weeks. Didn't think much of it at the time. I did pick up Alpha Protocol PS3 and Mushroom Men for the DS, debated on some of the titles like Orcs and Elves and ROTD.

My store had a metric ton of Rock of the Dead, Brutal Legend, Kung Fu Panda 1, Lego Indiana Jones xbox 360, MySims DS, Orcs and Elves, High School Musical, Burger King games, Misc. PSP Movies and misc DS games.

My Hastings has had the Video Game Blowout rack out for months now, but they are all still priced $9.99, except for the Burger King games, which are $4.99.

bread's done
Back