Photo
- - - - -

(Updated) Lollipop Chainsaw - $49.99 (360/PS3) - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

UPDATE - that price didn't last long. Now each platform is priced at $49.99.

Lowest price yet on Amazon proper.

:ps3: $39.99

:360: $39.99

To those that have played it - is it worth it at this price?

*I cannot help but feel this game will drop to $30 by this fall.

Edited by blinknot4, 09 July 2012 - 05:47 PM.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#2 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

i would wait. i got it for 33.33 w 2 other games at gamestop this past b2g1 (with binary domain (doh, 34.99 pricedrop, and dragon's dogma) and i thought i was gonna keep it, but i accidently ran through it in 2-3 days. Very very short, only 6 levels and eh replayability. I would either give it a rental or wait for a price drop unless you have to have it now. i flipped back to bestbuy for 33.60 so it was a good free rental, but im gonna try to wait til 20 new to pick back up again. fun quick game tho, like a brawler zombie version compared to sotd's fps demons.

i still need to replay every level on ranked mode to get plat, and beat a gondola arcade mini game without shooting, but other than that it's an easy plat also.

Edited by Velo214, 08 July 2012 - 05:26 PM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3 Slermy

Slermy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

I just finished this the other day, and I think so.

It IS a little slow to get into since you're pretty weak and don't have any combo moves, but once you start earning stuff it becomes a lot better. The presentation is top notch, and the writing/acting for Nick was pretty great. It's also worth noting that the US version includes unlockable content that was sold as DLC in Japan. I think WB deserves major props for this.

Edit: In response to Velo214, it is fairly short, it only took me a few days go get through it as well, but there is a lot of stuff to unlock. So if you're a completionist, then I'd say the replayability is fairly high, but yeah, not so much if you just like to blow through games. I'm personally gonna give it another play through.

Edited by Slermy, 08 July 2012 - 05:18 PM.
Commenting about length.

#4 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

i would wait. i got it for 33.33 w 2 other games at gamestop this past b2g1 (with binary domain (doh, 34.99 pricedrop, and dragon's dogma) and i thought i was gonna keep it, but i accidently ran through it in 2-3 days. Very very short, only 6 levels and eh replayability. I would either give it a rental or wait for a price drop unless you have to have it now. i flipped back to bestbuy for 33.60 so it was a good free rental, but im gonna try to wait til 20 new to pick back up again. fun quick game tho, like a brawler zombie version compared to sotd's fps demons.

i still need to replay every level on ranked mode to get plat, and beat a gondola arcade mini game without shooting, but other than that it's an easy plat also.

I was going to inquire with CAGs on it how it was in terms of netting its platty cake. I checked out the PS3T.org guide - seems simple.

I want my platty plat number 25 to be something memorable (pretty sure it will end up being Prototype 2). A nerdy desire, yes. But, a desire nonetheless.

((zOMG at your number of plats!))

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#5 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

Great, fun game. 6 hour long levels and a shorter prologue level. It doesn't sound like it a lot, but it's a game intended to be replayed for higher scores.

A word of warning to achievement hunters: one or two of the ach's are insanely frustrating (play 45 mins, get randomly screwed and have to restart).

#6 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

yeah i was redoing the first level on ranked and trying to get a score better than dad's and i was at the boss of the level and my son wanted some food and i was like mid cutscene and i grabbed him some cereal turned around and i just failed a qte and had to start the whole level over. doh. oh wellz ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#7 randomevent

randomevent

Mr. Pigface

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I was waiting for this. Just used my $10 Amazon credit to make this $29.99. That was my price of entry.

Thanks, OP.

#8 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Eh, this will be bargin bin priced before long. I'll pick it up when Gamefly has it for $15.

16Z462z.jpg

#9 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Will pass because of my huge backlog but thanks OP!

#10 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:00 PM

$20 game disguised as something more because it shows panties.

#11 Kotomine

Kotomine

私は日本人を知らない。

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hmm I think I'll wait for now. Thanks for the heads up though OP!

575x144_2-1.jpg
2011 Completed Games - 36 Games 2012 Completed Games - 29 Games 2013 Completed Games - 14... But it was more than that, I just stopped keeping track. 2014 Completed Games - ???
mfc80x15.png
I support the*Give Us Bikini Anya Movement.

#12 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

This

only good weeaboo game is Catherine!

#13 bburpee

bburpee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

Games are intended to be fun. If looking at panties while you kill bad guys is fun to you, it might be worth the money.

I played 140 hours of Skyrim, and I still don't know if I had actual "fun" doing any of it. It was like I was working in the Skyrim factory for a month. If I could have made my companion wear a bikini, I have a feeling it would make for a better gaming experience.

It baffles me why people bash T&A in games, anyhow. I'm a red-blooded heterosexual male... why wouldn't I want to see a little T&A in a game every once in a while?

#14 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

I had a lot of fun with the game. I reserved it on amazon a long time ago when it was listed for $44.99. I had it for a little under 2 weeks and played the hell out of it. I got all 1000 achievements points and then flipped it back to amazon for $32.40 or something like that. Well worth the price of admission and trade in.

#15 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Eh, this will be bargin bin priced before long. I'll pick it up when Gamefly has it for $15.

This^

Though I may bite at $20 new to somewhat support Suda and WB Games!

#16 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I got it for $15 from Gamestop. It dropped in the Gamestock sale the other day and the gamestop near me had a used one. And I had enough points for a $20 off a used game. So it ended up being $15. A that price I couldnt pass it up. Id say its worth the FULL price, but not many people are getting it so it will drop quick. $30 and under is the way to go on this title. Itll be $30 by the time Madden comes out.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#17 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:23 PM

The game was easily worth the $45 price it could be had for at launch.
I'm typically a 'one and done' gamer, where when the credits roll I'm done with it. But I've been having a blast with my other play-throughs.
It's got tons of unlockables, fun combat (not the best, Bayo and DMC are better but it is not bad by any means), good performance (didn't see tearing or experience slowdown at all), great soundtrack...
Great game, but who could expect anything less from Grasshopper/Suda?

#18 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

Great game, but who could expect anything less from Grasshopper/Suda?

Youre joking, right? Good is a stretch for Suda. Great is beyond him.

#19 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

This

only good weeaboo game is Catherine!

Eternal Sonata for me :)

#20 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

First Suda game and I can say this game is great. If you dont have a huge backlog then def. pick this one up NOW!!! Game seems so far is 9/10 for me.

#21 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Still not cheap enough for me.

#22 nbskid

nbskid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:57 AM

I donno man, I loved both No More Heroes games.

#23 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:48 AM

Got it for PS3 at launch, played it for three days and beat it. Sold it for almost no lost. Will rebuy when it hits $15 for 360 because I can't stand screen tearing on the PS3, although it's mostly on the cutscenes. Should have known from the start that Unreal engine games are 99% always better on the 360. I was persuaded by some of the CAGs saying Suda's last game was better on the PS3.

click click.... lollipop lollipop ullala lollipop...
Can't get this song out of my head. :P

#24 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:54 AM

When this hits sub 29 somewhere and i can get BB to price match, i think i will bite. Im afraid now it would just end up sitting on the shelf for a few weeks. Maybe the $10 store pickup deal will still be alive then as well.

Posted Image

#25 rpg

rpg

Timezone Ninja!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

keep dropping
Lollipop

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           inFamous first light $1 Timeshare

rpg49ers.png1065017-1406748756.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#26 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

keep dropping
Lollipop

It will. Patience young one. I give it till september and $40 will be the new msrp.

Also Ema Stone is fucking hot as gwen stacy. :drool:

#27 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:03 AM

emma stone is the hottest robot girl i know. easy A ;)
and $40 by september? lets hope cheaper so lots of us buy it new and support suda51...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#28 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

They see me trollin'... they hatin'

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#29 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

emma stone is the hottest robot girl i know. easy A ;)
and $40 by september? lets hope cheaper so lots of us buy it new and support suda51...

I'm not sure how much support he gets when people wait 3-4 months and buy it cheap; by that time the game is a "success" or it isn't.
Posted Image

#30 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

I'm not sure how much support he gets when people wait 3-4 months and buy it cheap; by that time the game is a "success" or it isn't.

Lol yeah. If the price does get cheaper, the game is most likely already deemed a failure. If you really wanted to support him, you would buy it now.