(Updated) Lollipop Chainsaw - $49.99 (360/PS3) - Amazon

blinknot4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
UPDATE - that price didn't last long. Now each platform is priced at $49.99.

Lowest price yet on Amazon proper.

:ps3: $39.99

:360: $39.99

To those that have played it - is it worth it at this price?

*I cannot help but feel this game will drop to $30 by this fall.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would wait. i got it for 33.33 w 2 other games at gamestop this past b2g1 (with binary domain (doh, 34.99 pricedrop, and dragon's dogma) and i thought i was gonna keep it, but i accidently ran through it in 2-3 days. Very very short, only 6 levels and eh replayability. I would either give it a rental or wait for a price drop unless you have to have it now. i flipped back to bestbuy for 33.60 so it was a good free rental, but im gonna try to wait til 20 new to pick back up again. fun quick game tho, like a brawler zombie version compared to sotd's fps demons.

i still need to replay every level on ranked mode to get plat, and beat a gondola arcade mini game without shooting, but other than that it's an easy plat also.

I just finished this the other day, and I think so.

It IS a little slow to get into since you're pretty weak and don't have any combo moves, but once you start earning stuff it becomes a lot better. The presentation is top notch, and the writing/acting for Nick was pretty great. It's also worth noting that the US version includes unlockable content that was sold as DLC in Japan. I think WB deserves major props for this.

Edit: In response to Velo214, it is fairly short, it only took me a few days go get through it as well, but there is a lot of stuff to unlock. So if you're a completionist, then I'd say the replayability is fairly high, but yeah, not so much if you just like to blow through games. I'm personally gonna give it another play through.

[quote name='Velo214']i would wait. i got it for 33.33 w 2 other games at gamestop this past b2g1 (with binary domain (doh, 34.99 pricedrop, and dragon's dogma) and i thought i was gonna keep it, but i accidently ran through it in 2-3 days. Very very short, only 6 levels and eh replayability. I would either give it a rental or wait for a price drop unless you have to have it now. i flipped back to bestbuy for 33.60 so it was a good free rental, but im gonna try to wait til 20 new to pick back up again. fun quick game tho, like a brawler zombie version compared to sotd's fps demons.

i still need to replay every level on ranked mode to get plat, and beat a gondola arcade mini game without shooting, but other than that it's an easy plat also.[/QUOTE]

I was going to inquire with CAGs on it how it was in terms of netting its platty cake. I checked out the PS3T.org guide - seems simple.

I want my platty plat number 25 to be something memorable (pretty sure it will end up being Prototype 2). A nerdy desire, yes. But, a desire nonetheless.

((zOMG at your number of plats!))

Great, fun game. 6 hour long levels and a shorter prologue level. It doesn't sound like it a lot, but it's a game intended to be replayed for higher scores.

A word of warning to achievement hunters: one or two of the ach's are insanely frustrating (play 45 mins, get randomly screwed and have to restart).

yeah i was redoing the first level on ranked and trying to get a score better than dad's and i was at the boss of the level and my son wanted some food and i was like mid cutscene and i grabbed him some cereal turned around and i just failed a qte and had to start the whole level over. doh. oh wellz ;)

[quote name='Cocojames333']$20 game disguised as something more because it shows panties.[/QUOTE]

This

only good weeaboo game is Catherine!

[quote name='Cocojames333']$20 game disguised as something more because it shows panties.[/QUOTE]

Games are intended to be fun. If looking at panties while you kill bad guys is fun to you, it might be worth the money.

I played 140 hours of Skyrim, and I still don't know if I had actual "fun" doing any of it. It was like I was working in the Skyrim factory for a month. If I could have made my companion wear a bikini, I have a feeling it would make for a better gaming experience.

It baffles me why people bash T&A in games, anyhow. I'm a red-blooded heterosexual male... why wouldn't I want to see a little T&A in a game every once in a while?

I had a lot of fun with the game. I reserved it on amazon a long time ago when it was listed for $44.99. I had it for a little under 2 weeks and played the hell out of it. I got all 1000 achievements points and then flipped it back to amazon for $32.40 or something like that. Well worth the price of admission and trade in.

[quote name='Blumpkin']Eh, this will be bargin bin priced before long. I'll pick it up when Gamefly has it for $15.[/QUOTE]

This^

Though I may bite at $20 new to somewhat support Suda and WB Games!

I got it for $15 from Gamestop. It dropped in the Gamestock sale the other day and the gamestop near me had a used one. And I had enough points for a $20 off a used game. So it ended up being $15. A that price I couldnt pass it up. Id say its worth the FULL price, but not many people are getting it so it will drop quick. $30 and under is the way to go on this title. Itll be $30 by the time Madden comes out.

The game was easily worth the $45 price it could be had for at launch.
I'm typically a 'one and done' gamer, where when the credits roll I'm done with it. But I've been having a blast with my other play-throughs.
It's got tons of unlockables, fun combat (not the best, Bayo and DMC are better but it is not bad by any means), good performance (didn't see tearing or experience slowdown at all), great soundtrack...
Great game, but who could expect anything less from Grasshopper/Suda?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']
Great game, but who could expect anything less from Grasshopper/Suda?[/QUOTE]

Youre joking, right? Good is a stretch for Suda. Great is beyond him.

[quote name='Rsmobile']Youre joking, right? Good is a stretch for Suda. Great is beyond him.[/QUOTE]

I donno man, I loved both No More Heroes games.

Got it for PS3 at launch, played it for three days and beat it. Sold it for almost no lost. Will rebuy when it hits $15 for 360 because I can't stand screen tearing on the PS3, although it's mostly on the cutscenes. Should have known from the start that Unreal engine games are 99% always better on the 360. I was persuaded by some of the CAGs saying Suda's last game was better on the PS3.

click click.... lollipop lollipop ullala lollipop...
Can't get this song out of my head. :p

When this hits sub 29 somewhere and i can get BB to price match, i think i will bite. Im afraid now it would just end up sitting on the shelf for a few weeks. Maybe the $10 store pickup deal will still be alive then as well.

[quote name='rpg']keep dropping
Lollipop[/QUOTE]

It will. Patience young one. I give it till september and $40 will be the new msrp.

Also Ema Stone is fucking hot as gwen stacy. :drool:

emma stone is the hottest robot girl i know. easy A ;)
and $40 by september? lets hope cheaper so lots of us buy it new and support suda51...

[quote name='Velo214']emma stone is the hottest robot girl i know. easy A ;)
and $40 by september? lets hope cheaper so lots of us buy it new and support suda51...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much support he gets when people wait 3-4 months and buy it cheap; by that time the game is a "success" or it isn't.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I'm not sure how much support he gets when people wait 3-4 months and buy it cheap; by that time the game is a "success" or it isn't.[/QUOTE]

Lol yeah. If the price does get cheaper, the game is most likely already deemed a failure. If you really wanted to support him, you would buy it now.

yeah, my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. i need to do more than just ..., lol. i played too many jrpgs as a kid.
obviously if you want to support suda51, buy it new at 59.99 asap

If a game is short with low replayability, why not just get off the publisher teat and hit the market with a lower starting price. Then, you might even attract joe gamer who buys it cause he may see a boob near release.

[quote name='bburpee']Games are intended to be fun. If looking at panties while you kill bad guys is fun to you, it might be worth the money.

I played 140 hours of Skyrim, and I still don't know if I had actual "fun" doing any of it. It was like I was working in the Skyrim factory for a month. If I could have made my companion wear a bikini, I have a feeling it would make for a better gaming experience.

It baffles me why people bash T&A in games, anyhow. I'm a red-blooded heterosexual male... why wouldn't I want to see a little T&A in a game every once in a while?[/QUOTE]

Because gamers need to act like they're above this because they think it'll help them with the ladies.

618px-Whiteknight.gif

[quote name='blinknot4']*I cannot help but feel this game will drop to $30 by this fall.[/QUOTE]

It'll drop to $30 by next month.

[quote name='Survivalism']It'll drop to $30 by next month.[/QUOTE]

with bestbuy, it may even end up like inversion at $20 as deal of the day, LOL

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I wouldn't necessarily consider it's a deal. It's been $40 at many retailers for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, okay. I'll close the thread, bruh. :roll:

[quote name='Survivalism']You know, I can usually tell whether or not I like a game by around hour 100.[/QUOTE]

Lol - another comedic gem from Survivalism.

[quote name='sukTHEfac']I wouldn't necessarily consider it's a deal. It's been $40 at many retailers for a while now.[/QUOTE]

Okay, well if $40 sounds like alot, you can get a copy for 60,000 PUR points. Sounds good right? :roll:

This game is ridiculously fun. I got it on launch day for a really sweet price, and I'm still playing it. It starts out a bit slow in the first couple levels, but once you start getting more combos it gets really fun.

This is an arcade-like game that's built around replayability. You can replay any level you've completed, as often as you'd like, to get more money and unlock more stuff, as well as try to beat your previous scores (and your Dad's score).

If you just do the standard one-and-done playthrough with this game, you're missing out. That's not how this game is intended to be. It would be like playing Pac-Man once, beating it, then never playing it again... that's just not how it goes ;)

Very fun game and I highly recommend it.

The price just went back UP to $49.99. That is strange - usually their weekly deals last ...a week.

Perhaps this means Amazon is readying a B2G1 sale to match Best Buy...

I will update OP.

[quote name='technicalstylez']nah, they were matching gamestop's weekend price of 39.99[/QUOTE]

We shall see - usually if a price goes up it means an incoming B2G1. Purely my speculation.

Either way - updated OP and thread title. Not as exciting now. :whistle2:(

[quote name='blinknot4']We shall see - usually if a price goes up it means an incoming B2G1. Purely my speculation.

Either way - updated OP and thread title. Not as exciting now. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If they do end up matching BB's B2G1, then the price of this will likely jump again, back to 59.99. Amazon is notorious for going full MSRP on anything during these sales.

This game was really not very good. The presentation was awesome. Classic Suda 51, but the gameplay was soooo boring. Though this is coming from someone who likes complexity in my hack n' slashers (Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden). The combat was slow, klunky, and repetitive. The boss battles, while fun, were short lived and did not justify having to play through a whole level of boring zombie attacks, one after another. That said, I did power through it, just for the campy story, and that was the ONLY reason I played through it.

Save your money...

[quote name='DDustiNN']

This is an arcade-like game that's built around replayability. You can replay any level you've completed, as often as you'd like, to get more money and unlock more stuff, as well as try to beat your previous scores (and your Dad's score).
[/QUOTE]

just wanted to say, i know you can replay levels you beat, but i got higher than Dad's score on 3/7 levels the first time through(silver trophy for every level you beat dad's score). so that doesn't really compel me to replay the levels if i already got the 'high score' the first time through without even trying. and let's be honest, 2 of those levels, the prologue and final level can be beat in about 20 minutes each.and most of the times i missed out on the high score was because i had to retry a checkpoint to save a kid or messed up a qte, argh... and that funky fun center level was about 30 minutes of the most unfun mini games i have ever played. gondola? really? and elevator? really?

i mean it's ok, but don't say the game was made for replayability when it's a 6 hour run, and redoing it on hard is just slightly harder (and not even harder if you just replay the levels and keep all your upgrades/combos). once you unlock the holy chainsaw (square square square square triangle triangle) attack, the game is just broken and it's just a matter of getting luck to get high sparkle hunter bonuses. i mean, fun great game, but i def recommend to wait for $20, which will hopefully be sooner than later.

it will be in my collection for sure, but i wouldnt put it in your backlog at this price. try for cheap (i got 33.33, and still flipped back for 33) or just stay patient.

oh yeah, and after i got the horrid ending, i played for another hour, and got the happy ending... so not too tough there either.

oh and another thing, lol, why wasnt there checkpoints you could jump into?! so i need to get the dodge zed's balls trophy, or i need to get the dodge the elephant ram dude 10x, but i have to replay the whole level just to get to that boss fight? ugh. i guess that adds some replayability, in the form of grinding and anger management and trophy acquisition.

bread's done
Back