(Updated) Lollipop Chainsaw - $49.99 (360/PS3) - Amazon

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 supermanram

supermanram

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

Games unless they are a big name just can't last at 59.99 anymore. Best to wait an extra 2-4 weeks these days.

#32 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

yeah, my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough. i need to do more than just ..., lol. i played too many jrpgs as a kid.
obviously if you want to support suda51, buy it new at 59.99 asap

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#33 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

If a game is short with low replayability, why not just get off the publisher teat and hit the market with a lower starting price. Then, you might even attract joe gamer who buys it cause he may see a boob near release.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#34 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Games are intended to be fun. If looking at panties while you kill bad guys is fun to you, it might be worth the money.

I played 140 hours of Skyrim, and I still don't know if I had actual "fun" doing any of it. It was like I was working in the Skyrim factory for a month. If I could have made my companion wear a bikini, I have a feeling it would make for a better gaming experience.

It baffles me why people bash T&A in games, anyhow. I'm a red-blooded heterosexual male... why wouldn't I want to see a little T&A in a game every once in a while?

Because gamers need to act like they're above this because they think it'll help them with the ladies.

Posted Image

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#35 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

It'll drop to $30 by next month.

with bestbuy, it may even end up like inversion at $20 as deal of the day, LOL

#36 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

You know, I can usually tell whether or not I like a game by around hour 100.

#37 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

This

only good weeaboo game is Catherine!

tales of graces f says hi

#38 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

I wouldn't necessarily consider it's a deal. It's been $40 at many retailers for a while now.

Oh, okay. I'll close the thread, bruh. :roll:

You know, I can usually tell whether or not I like a game by around hour 100.

Lol - another comedic gem from Survivalism.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#39 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

I wouldn't necessarily consider it's a deal. It's been $40 at many retailers for a while now.

Okay, well if $40 sounds like alot, you can get a copy for 60,000 PUR points. Sounds good right? :roll:

#40 DDustiNN

DDustiNN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

This game is ridiculously fun. I got it on launch day for a really sweet price, and I'm still playing it. It starts out a bit slow in the first couple levels, but once you start getting more combos it gets really fun.

This is an arcade-like game that's built around replayability. You can replay any level you've completed, as often as you'd like, to get more money and unlock more stuff, as well as try to beat your previous scores (and your Dad's score).

If you just do the standard one-and-done playthrough with this game, you're missing out. That's not how this game is intended to be. It would be like playing Pac-Man once, beating it, then never playing it again... that's just not how it goes ;)

Very fun game and I highly recommend it.

#41 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

The price just went back UP to $49.99. That is strange - usually their weekly deals last ...a week.

Perhaps this means Amazon is readying a B2G1 sale to match Best Buy...

I will update OP.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#42 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

nah, they were matching gamestop's weekend price of 39.99
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#43 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

nah, they were matching gamestop's weekend price of 39.99

We shall see - usually if a price goes up it means an incoming B2G1. Purely my speculation.

Either way - updated OP and thread title. Not as exciting now. :-(

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#44 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

We shall see - usually if a price goes up it means an incoming B2G1. Purely my speculation.

Either way - updated OP and thread title. Not as exciting now. :-(

If they do end up matching BB's B2G1, then the price of this will likely jump again, back to 59.99. Amazon is notorious for going full MSRP on anything during these sales.

#45 Darknuke

Darknuke

Guncraft: Voxel-FPS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

This game was really not very good. The presentation was awesome. Classic Suda 51, but the gameplay was soooo boring. Though this is coming from someone who likes complexity in my hack n' slashers (Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden). The combat was slow, klunky, and repetitive. The boss battles, while fun, were short lived and did not justify having to play through a whole level of boring zombie attacks, one after another. That said, I did power through it, just for the campy story, and that was the ONLY reason I played through it.

Save your money...

SteamWidget.PNG

#46 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

This is an arcade-like game that's built around replayability. You can replay any level you've completed, as often as you'd like, to get more money and unlock more stuff, as well as try to beat your previous scores (and your Dad's score).

just wanted to say, i know you can replay levels you beat, but i got higher than Dad's score on 3/7 levels the first time through(silver trophy for every level you beat dad's score). so that doesn't really compel me to replay the levels if i already got the 'high score' the first time through without even trying. and let's be honest, 2 of those levels, the prologue and final level can be beat in about 20 minutes each.and most of the times i missed out on the high score was because i had to retry a checkpoint to save a kid or messed up a qte, argh... and that funky fun center level was about 30 minutes of the most unfun mini games i have ever played. gondola? really? and elevator? really?

i mean it's ok, but don't say the game was made for replayability when it's a 6 hour run, and redoing it on hard is just slightly harder (and not even harder if you just replay the levels and keep all your upgrades/combos). once you unlock the holy chainsaw (square square square square triangle triangle) attack, the game is just broken and it's just a matter of getting luck to get high sparkle hunter bonuses. i mean, fun great game, but i def recommend to wait for $20, which will hopefully be sooner than later.

it will be in my collection for sure, but i wouldnt put it in your backlog at this price. try for cheap (i got 33.33, and still flipped back for 33) or just stay patient.

oh yeah, and after i got the horrid ending, i played for another hour, and got the happy ending... so not too tough there either.

oh and another thing, lol, why wasnt there checkpoints you could jump into?! so i need to get the dodge zed's balls trophy, or i need to get the dodge the elephant ram dude 10x, but i have to replay the whole level just to get to that boss fight? ugh. i guess that adds some replayability, in the form of grinding and anger management and trophy acquisition.

Edited by Velo214, 10 July 2012 - 12:13 AM.

Velo214.png
sig.gif