Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/8/12 to 7/14/12)

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#541 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

so anyone find Pokemon Conquest at TRU yet? i notice that the website says it can be shipped and picked up from store (no stores has it in stock around me or yet)... im hoping they are restocking it this week soon.

I had them call me when they get a copy in stock. My store got their shipment in yesterday morning.

#542 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

so anyone find Pokemon Conquest at TRU yet? i notice that the website says it can be shipped and picked up from store (no stores has it in stock around me or yet)... im hoping they are restocking it this week soon.

BB hasn't received many copies of the game; my local store has only received 5 copies thusfar.

My local store got a shipment in yesterday, and by the afternoon showed TheatRhythm in stock. Then I noticed Conquest was on backorder. I went to the store anyway, thinking that I'd just pick up a different 3rd game if they didn't have a copy.
Sure enough, they didn't. I asked one of the employees about it (the game is in this week's ad, after all). After checking their stock room, I found out about the limited quantity shipped out.

Employee tries to order Conquest through the website, and then tie it together with the 2 games I was buying. They'd ship to my house, and I'd still get the B2G1 deal. This requires a Manager override.

Manager comes over, sees that the game is backlogged in their system. According to him, they can't sell me a copy of a game they don't have. His solution: look through the system for another store with the game in stock, and have them ship it to this store.

Turns out, between the states of Wisconsin and Minnesota (where - I might point out - BB is headquartered), they have all of 2 copies of Pokemon Conquest in stock....both in the same store in Minnesota. After the employee making a series of calls to the Minnesota store (including being put on hold, and dealing with someone in the games department over there who didn't know how to do what he was being asked to do), they were finally able to sell me a copy of the game. I should be able to pick it up sometime in the next week.

tl;dr -- my apologies. Long story short....if they can track down a copy anywhere nearby, you can take advantage of the B2G1. Just expect it to take an hour for them to figure out how.

#543 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

According to their websites, 0 copies of Pokemon Conquest in Houston at TRU or BB :(

SI

#544 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Does anybody know whether you can PM TRU's price of NCAA? And then add to the B2G1 purchase? I doubt I'll take advantage of the deal unless I somehow find a store with both Theatrhythm and Conquest though.
Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#545 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Does anybody know whether you can PM TRU's price of NCAA? And then add to the B2G1 purchase? I doubt I'll take advantage of the deal unless I somehow find a store with both Theatrhythm and Conquest though.

Nope, PM's don't stack with b2g1 it's double dipping.

#546 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

Anyone have any idea on if the B2G1 will be brought back on the site again?

None of the games I want are in stock at the Best Buy here.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#547 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Anyone have any idea on if the B2G1 will be brought back on the site again?

None of the games I want are in stock at the Best Buy here.

I''d suggest calling CS during off peak hours & having them manually adjust the prices.

#548 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I''d suggest calling CS during off peak hours & having them manually adjust the prices.

Have they been doing that for people?

Do you know if they'll adjust it if I do the order online and then call? Reason I'd rather do this is because I have a lot of gift cards with random amounts on them I want to use as well as a few RZ certificates, so doing all that over the phone would kind of suck.

#549 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

If you just want the game, it looks like just about every Gamestop has been restocked in the last couple days and it's back in stock online. Obviously not as good as the $10 GC from TRU or the B2G1 from BB especially since GS is charging $5 more than everyone else, but it's another option.

#550 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Do you know if they'll adjust it if I do the order online and then call? Reason I'd rather do this is because I have a lot of gift cards with random amounts on them I want to use as well as a few RZ certificates, so doing all that over the phone would kind of suck.

They'll do alot if you ask & get the right person. My suggestion would be to get all the values of the GC's look them up on the BB site shouldn't take too long I just did 17 I had from trades. Write it down & have everything in your cart make it as simple as possible for the CSR. If the deal can be seen online they usually will make the needed corrections.

#551 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

don't bother, I tried this earlier today and wasted a lot of time.
Posted Image

#552 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

honestly, the ship has long sailed regarding the online b2g1 promo from bb, due to the special "incident". It is looking grim, so for those who are still interested, you should just go to the store, and get the b2g1 deal, if not, then just forget it

#553 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Nope, PM's don't stack with b2g1 it's double dipping.

YMMV. I just got my NCAA PM down from my B2G1 purchase of yesterday; it wasn't my free game. It required manager override with zero problems.

#554 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:40 PM

Very disappointing.

Maybe I'll get lucky and the store will get the games I want in stock before Sunday. Probably not, but looks like that's the only way I'll get in on the deal at this point.

#555 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:40 AM

If you just want the game, it looks like just about every Gamestop has been restocked in the last couple days and it's back in stock online. Obviously not as good as the $10 GC from TRU or the B2G1 from BB especially since GS is charging $5 more than everyone else, but it's another option.

This. I saw a wall full of them in a Gamestop in the mall today. Perhaps the glut was due to the fact they were charging 5 bucks OVER MSRP:roll:. TRU and BB are definite no goes unfortunately.

Edited by shrike4242, 12 July 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#556 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:42 AM

According to their websites, 0 copies of Pokemon Conquest in Houston at TRU or BB :(

SI

At least as TRU goes, it wouldn't hurt to call. Although the website said none of the nearby stores had any, I called one and they had them. Turns out the "shipment" of Conquests that I was told about on Sunday turned out to be a single copy.

#557 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:35 PM

didn't see they made it "in-store only" on the site so in-store p/u combined with return/rebuy would be the only way now.

YMMV. I just got my NCAA PM down from my B2G1 purchase of yesterday; it wasn't my free game. It required manager override with zero problems.

EXTREME YMMV b/c this is something managers usually refuse outright. I've got it done only by purchasing enough total titles that it would be a hassle to cancel it all out & do 2 seperate sales & re-price match all the items.

#558 Eh? What?

Eh? What?

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:25 PM

I received my games today in the mail already, and they shipped all 3 games in a box - by far the best shipping experience I've ever had with Best Buy/Mail Innovations. I probably shouldn't get used to it, though.

#559 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

i may go to the store and pick up two different ps3 controller bundles along with saints row platinum but am not sure if saints row will have a $30 GOTY.

#560 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Clearance games are finally ringing up at 25% off at KMart. I noticed the ones with yellow price tags were all coming up but white price tags were hit or miss.

#561 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Clearance games are finally ringing up at 25% off at KMart. I noticed the ones with yellow price tags were all coming up but white price tags were hit or miss.

I assumed this was the case, since the copy of Devil May Cry 4 (360) I scanned/bought today was listed at $3.75. Glad to know everything's working properly now.
Posted Image

#562 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

Would the controller bundles be eligible for the B2G1 free deal? Like the God of War bundle with Red Controller?

#563 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Would the controller bundles be eligible for the B2G1 free deal? Like the God of War bundle with Red Controller?

They aren't suppose to because the controller makes it an "accessory" bundle but you may get lucky if you are friendly with your CS.

#564 evophile

evophile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

lol Best Buy CSR just said it was "impossible" to do an even exchange on a b2g1 bundle on the not $0 game. Which I know is untrue based on my fellow cags.

Oh well guess I'll try one more time later

evophile.pngevophile.png

#565 Yeahman

Yeahman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

I'd been watching TRU's online this week and they showed out of Pokemon C all week. Then this morning suddenly in stock. So I get over there and they say they are out. I get to them to check that media room and no dice. I have a feeling there was a box of them in the warehouse that hadn't made it to the floor yet. They all just looked at me.

What really annoyed me was that they said they don't do rainchecks. I'll check tomorrow but watch it "show up" on Sunday...after the ad.

#566 justme99z

justme99z

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:35 PM

Really tempted to hit up Best buy for Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, and Gravity Rush.... damn you CAG and you temptations!!!

#567 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

good luck i went to two different best buy's looking for either the god of war or resistance bundles but no luck. they each had like 3+ copy's of killzone 3 though.

#568 DRV

DRV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

Really tempted to hit up Best buy for Theatrhythm, Rhythm Thief, and Gravity Rush.... damn you CAG and you temptations!!!

Good luck. I work next to a Best Buy and I've checked every day this week for Theatrhythm to no avail. Same with Pokemon Conquest.

I ended up buying it full price at GameStop. Good game though.
Danreb R. Victorio
Senior Editor, SmashPad
http://www.smashpad.com

#569 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:33 AM

Those are the exact three games I want. The only one Best Buy has here though is Theatrhythm. :cry:

All I can do is hope they miraculously put the b2g1f back on the site tomorrow.

#570 tornado163

tornado163

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

As part of the B2G1 deal, I bought Metal Gear Solid for PS Vita last Sunday, for in-store pickup. It wasn't in stock, so it had to be shipped to store. I received a notice that the game is delayed and back-ordered for shipping, so I don't know when I'll get my notice that the game can be picked up, but it's been back in stock at the store for several days. Can I just go there and grab a copy off the shelf and ask them to give it to me, or do I really need to wait an indeterminate amount of time for it to be shipped?

Edited by tornado163, 14 July 2012 - 03:30 PM.