Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/8/12 to 7/14/12)

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#91 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Bummer. I just bought a game from Best Buy at full price a few days ago, and according to this Best Buy FAQ page, they won't price-match it to retroactively get it included in the B2G1Free sale.

Man, had I held off for five more days I would have been in great shape... Doh!:wall:

Just re-buy as part of B2G1 and return the new copy with the old receipt. Not a big deal at all.

Hoping for an NCAA pre-order combo-breaker!
Posted Image

#92 BrokeAssFool

BrokeAssFool

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

So count me among those wondering:

Will I be able to preorder NCAA 13 online on the 8th for Store Pickup and get two other games to be part of this deal while also taking advantage of the $20 RZ bonus and $10 store pickup offer? If so...awesome.

I asked the rep who told me about this promo yesterday morning and he said it would stack, but who knows till it happens.

#93 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

I thought about that, but that $60 gift card is hard to pass up, especially now with the B2G1 next week. When is that one supposed to come out? Does it come with a memory card? The White Vita does look pretty sweet.

I believe it cones out on Oct 30th. I can't remember if it cones with a memory card.

#94 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hmm what to get...Maybe I'll bite on some Nintendo Selects or Lego 360 games...This deal will be bad for my wallet.

#95 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

if this would link with the spend 50 get 10 back it would be very good

3 30 buck ds games for 50 would be nuts 16.67 per game

now to find 3 games
WOOOO I STINK

#96 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

terrible timing, all my money is going towards SDCC
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#97 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

If I preorder NCAA 12 now (online, in-store pickup) and also purchase two other $59.99 games that are already out and put them on the same order when I go pick them up next tuesday will the price automatically be adjusted and will I get $59.99 returned back to my card?

#98 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Any Vita or PS3 game suggestions that worth it for this deal? I'm tempted but undecided. I don't normally go for these kind of deals, I normally just wait until the games I want drop individually. But since it's for all games ... idk.

Edited by GaMeR_2007, 05 July 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#99 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Where is Midnightmetal with the full ad? I really do not want to give the "With great power comes great responsibility" speech now. :)

#100 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Probably get:
Dead Island Game of the Year Edition
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Portal 2 or Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition

Edit: Hope Amazon matches this because the Best Buy closest to me closed down for whatever reason.

#101 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Doh, just saw it's $29.99 and up, not $19.99 like I thought before. That lowers my interest in the deal, any good 360 games in the $30-$40 range besides Portal 2?

#102 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Probably get:
Dead Island Game of the Year Edition
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Portal 2 or Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition

Edit: Hope Amazon matches this because the Best Buy closest to me closed down for whatever reason.

Perhaps your store has fallen victim to runnin' out of teh moniez?

List of closing stores:
http://pr.bby.com/ph...3036&highlight=

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#103 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Im tempted on jumping on in this. If I do Batman AC GOTY is definetly on my list but Im undecied on the other 2 titles. On my radar are:

SFxTK
Starhawk
Catherine
DMC HD Collection
GoW Origins HD Collection
Amazing Spiderman
Max Payne 3

Tough choice. I dont think I'll get the last 2 as I dont want to get a game thats more expensive than Batman ($50) and those two are $60. Surprisinhly Cathine is too and thats too expensive for a year old game. That leaves the rest at $40 and below.

Starhawk, I didnt care for the beta, but the full game should be better
GoW. Ive already played the first PSP game on the PSP, so only one of the games is really on my eye. I think I can wait to get this for a BF $20 or under sale
DMC. Ive never played DMC3 but Ive always heard its the best in the series and have been interested about Dante and Vergil's backstory so I can see myself getting this, especially since I havent touched DMC4 bc I missed out on 3.
SFxTK. Getting it for free does sound good as there was no way I was going to pay full price for it. Still there's the charges for all the DLC in the fall and I have a feeling there might be some re-release or bundle with everything, so I think I might wait for the fall B2G1 sales for this.

Tough choices. Batman is really the only one I want and that itself is a re-purchase of a game I owned

Oh wow, I just realized, this is most likely combinable with the spend $50 and get $10 back on online orders right? If so, this makes the deal even sweeter. $40 Batman plus 2 other $40 games is most likely getting them all for ~ $28
Posted Image

#104 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Where is Midnightmetal with the full ad? I really do not want to give the "With great power comes great responsibility" speech now. :)

Should be up today some time. In the mean time I need to find another $60 game to pick up that I know won't drop in price any time soon:

Diablo 3
Tales of Grace F
???

#105 BFBB Delicious

BFBB Delicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

This sale would be awesome for getting The Amazing Spider-Man, Lollipop Chainsaw and some free game, but I can't help but feel like I would be able to get those two game for 20 or less in a couple of months, even Lollipop Chainsaw is on sale for 40 at Gamestop already.

#106 Righteous Nixon

Righteous Nixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

terrible timing, all my money is going towards SDCC

Yep, I am with you on that one. I plan on spending at least 500 at just the Aspen booth alone. The SDCC always puts a serious damper on my other hobbies. No gaming purchases for me the next few weeks.

#107 rvdnsx

rvdnsx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Any Vita or PS3 game suggestions that worth it for this deal? I'm tempted but undecided. I don't normally go for these kind of deals, I normally just wait until the games I want drop individually. But since it's for all games ... idk.

Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Lumines

#108 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Does anyone know if this would include preorders? If you paid all $60 off in full at the time of purchase?

Zarski843.jpg

#109 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Lumines

Thanks. I've been wanting Lumines for a while now (since I enjoyed it on the PSP), and I remember Metal Gear from when my friend had it for PS3 so it should be plenty of fun. I've also been wanting to pre-order Super Monkey Ball (since I loved those games on Gamecube) while it's still $10 less. Anyone know if a pre-order game can be the free game?

#110 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

I can almost 100% say it will not work on pre-orders. The whole idea is to do the sale on existing games because its currently a slow period in the yearly release calendar.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#111 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

I can almost 100% say it will not work on pre-orders. The whole idea is to do the sale on existing games because its currently a slow period in the yearly release calendar.

I've got promotions like this to work with pre-order before. I did my pre-order with trade-in credit at the game counter. Then I told the guy that I was going to just pick up 2 other games and pay for them all now so I could get the promotion. He was like sure. Granted I was pre-ordering a game that came out at midnight that night. So YMMV but I think it can work.

#112 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Does anyone know if this would include preorders? If you paid all $60 off in full at the time of purchase?

In-store this is impossible because it's literally impossible for them to take more than $5 for preorders, but no one will know if it will work online until it goes live (though I'm sure the ad will say it excludes preorders).
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#113 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

In-store this is impossible because it's literally impossible for them to take more than $5 for preorders, but no one will know if it will work online until it goes live (though I'm sure the ad will say it excludes preorders).

I don't get where people get this idea that they only take $5. I have 3 games pre-ordered already fully paid for.

#114 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

My store has let me pay off pre orders in full.

#115 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

:fridge:

Granted I was pre-ordering a game that came out at midnight that night. .

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#116 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

I don't get where people get this idea that they only take $5. I have 3 games pre-ordered already fully paid for.

My store has let me pay off pre orders in full.

Well then obviously my store is apparently clueless. I have watched about 5 different employees over the last year or so try to take a full payment and they show me where the system stops them. I never thought it made any sense since on the website you have to pay in full, but these were all separate incidents so whatever. Not trying to spread false info, I just figured the process was consistent.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#117 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Bummer. I just bought a game from Best Buy at full price a few days ago, and according to this Best Buy FAQ page, they won't price-match it to retroactively get it included in the B2G1Free sale.

Man, had I held off for five more days I would have been in great shape... Doh!:wall:

Do a return/rebuy with the other games you want.

#118 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Does "All" include preorders? If not...then I really don't need this tbh. Hopefully the people who do make the most out of it.

No. You can only put $5 as a BB preorder and can't add to it.

#119 MR_BLACKMAGIK

MR_BLACKMAGIK

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

This sounds great, but I know it's not going to work how I want it to. I wish it would be where I could buy 2, get a third free, and get a $20 giftcard for all 3. But I highly doubt they would let you choose a game that isn't out yet as your third game. And even if they did, they wouldn't give you a giftcard for it.

#120 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

No. You can only put $5 as a BB preorder and can't add to it.

As others have stated, you can pay for the entire pre-order at some of the best buys. Most of the time at my BB, the sales associate will ask me how much I want to put towards the pre-order.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As/Dragon's Crown, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014