Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (7/8/12 to 7/14/12)

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#241 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

Would buying a set of 3 games and then trying to PM Gamestop's Wipeout 2048 for $20 to BB be possible somehow? OR does BB charge a divided price for each game on the receipt? (like 26.66 for each game?)

They will PM their own prices (like a deal of the day that's not ringing up correctly) but they won't let you PM AND do a b2g1 since they consider it double dipping. Each game is rung up as the normal price with one being $0 on the receipt.

#242 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

does anyone know if you can do a price match during this 2-1 sale?
Because Frys has the Witcher 2 for $40

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.png

#243 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:17 AM

^no.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#244 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

does anyone know if you can do a price match during this 2-1 sale?
Because Frys has the Witcher 2 for $40

read 2 post up ^

#245 i MarK i

i MarK i

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

its divided price.

i might be off here on what you are asking, but if you are asking if BB will do a PM for wipe out for the $20 as one of your buy 2 get 1 free games ?, then no.

They will PM their own prices (like a deal of the day that's not ringing up correctly) but they won't let you PM AND do a b2g1 since they consider it double dipping. Each game is rung up as the normal price with one being $0 on the receipt.

oh thanks guys

#246 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

also i hope BB doesn't jack up prices just because of this sale

That's the way b2g1 ones work but you CAN get pm's & stack with the b2g1 but you can't make it obviousj purchase more than 1 set of games. I did it during their last sale got 4 sets of games pm'd 4-5 games & then the b2g1 kicked in. The rep wanted to void the sale but the manager wouldn't let since it meant that I just get the games not pm'd & she'd have to do overrides for all the other games again. She didn't want to hold the line up any longer & b/c of the # of games I purchase she was like "he's just gonna spend the money he saved here anyways.":applause: And she is so right

But, I most likely will buy a PS Vita and use the $60 GC to recieve Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and I could use help finding out a 3rd game (Resistance?, Unit 13?, Suggestions?)
...Or I could just save the card for Black Friday and clean up on a lot of half priced games. 0.o

You could take advantage of the GS daily deals @ BB via pm & get the $10 savings codes. You're a lil late to the party depending on the games you like. Use the codes on the vita is self & the GC on a bigger GC.
Post # 11 details what I'd do
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324324

but binary domain and KOA for sure

PM Binary @ from GS $40 & KoA is $10 via @gamer coupon so forget that
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=324324

How do price adjustments work with "package deals"? Lets say I get NCAA13, skyrim, and mass effect 3 for my b2g1 in an online order for in-store pickup. One of these games will be marked as free on the receipt and thus exempt from price adjustment? But the other 2 are still subject to the 30/45/60 day policy?

In (his scenario, would I be able to get the $20 preorder bonus for NCAA, the $10 for spending over $50, AND the b2g1? Thanks for the clarification.

All the deals would stack but you can forget about a pm in the future w/o completely screwing yourself outta the $20.

#247 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

They did a 20 dollar one last week with Spec Ops, and now a 15 dollar one this week. So it is certainly possible

#248 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

If you're an old-school platforming fan, you can't go wrong with Rayman Origins.

I currently have Hot Shots Golf and love it. I was a big fan of the Mario Golf games, though, so if you weren't into those, you might not be into this HSG.

I enjoyed the demo for Unit 13 and picked it up from Gamestop for $19.99 new today (Thursday); it's a pretty well-crafted 3rd-person shooter designed for short play sessions.

Hot Shots Golf is $19.99 new at Walmart now. Better to pick a different one for b2g1

#249 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Still no word on the rest of the ad? I have become spoiled with the early reveals lately.
Posted Image

#250 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

Updated OP with more Sunday Ad offers

#251 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Updated OP with more Sunday Ad offers

no games on sale? :/

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#252 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

I don't know...that's what BB sent me. I think that is it.

#253 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

I don't know...that's what BB sent me. I think that is it.

yeah, i can confirm that from that ad i got from bb. no advertise sale on games

#254 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have a question: If I get Portal 2 for PS3, do I still get the free Steam copy too, or has that offer expired? I know it's kinda stupid to buy Portal 2 for $30 when Steam has had it for like $7 before but my current laptop struggles with Portal 1 as it is.

I think I'm in for Portal 2, LA Noire Complete, and either Pokemon Conquest or War for Cybertron.

If I can't get the PC code for Portal 2 anymore, I guess I can try to find another $30 game :(
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#255 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

how is it lame when most stores do the same thing. Besides the last time they did it several games went on unadvertised sales so it's hard to kill a sale before it's even started not knowing all the variables.

edit:SR3 reg/LE were on sale $40/$60 during the last sale I sold 3 of them for $150 on CL easy money.

Because now I have the entire store to pick from instead of a handful of games "on-sale". How will I ever narrow it down to 3???

#256 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

lame... I guess they didn't want people getting too good of a deal and flipping the whole store :)

you never know tho with bestbuy, there might be some unadvertised price drop like did they with ssx and soul calibur during that one week

#257 karyadi

karyadi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Moments where I wish Pokemon B2/W2 are out.

#258 preheatedbibby

preheatedbibby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I know this is probably a stretch, but any chance of the $20 GC on 3ds applying to a preorder of the XL ?

76561198015075540.png

#259 spawnvader

spawnvader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

Nice - MGS Collection, Silent Hill Collection & DMC Collection for $80 -$10 back for store pickup=8 games for $70. :D

Posted Image

#260 Shadow2222

Shadow2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I know this is probably a stretch, but any chance of the $20 GC on 3ds applying to a preorder of the XL ?

Unfortunately, the XL isn't even available for preorder yet (as far as I know)

EDIT: Wow, I lied, I didn't realize they already were available. They aren't on Amazon yet.

#261 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Looks like if I want to get in on this deal I'm going to have to do so online. I had a CS rep at Best Buy check for me, and there are zero copies of the following games at any of my local stores: Rhythm Heaven Fever, Pokemon Conquest, Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy. They also said that there were supposed to be PS3 copies of KoA, but I've yet to actually see one in a store (although now I'm just hoping I can find one to use the coupon on from next month's magazine)

The other concern I have is that I'd love to get Rhythm Thief for 3DS as part of this deal, but it doesn't come out until Tuesday. All those games I mentioned may be sold out online by that point. [-(

#262 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Is this the $10 Savings Certificate/Code we're talking about? Fine print says it doesn't apply to PC & pre-owned games. I think I would've ordered Diablo 3, but that doesn't seem to work.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat276600050001

*Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
Because ten billion years' time is so fragile,
so ephemeral ...
it arouses such a
bittersweet,
almost heartbreaking fondness.

#263 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

Unfortunately, the XL isn't even available for preorder yet (as far as I know)

EDIT: Wow, I lied, I didn't realize they already were available. They aren't on Amazon yet.

I'm wondering the same thing. I am trying to hold out for the XL, so any bonus to sweeten it will help.

#264 erdmanski1341

erdmanski1341

On Wisconsin!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

I'll have to pass on this. It would be good if BB would match prices. I already have NCAA 13 preordered for $45 from Amazon and I plan on buying Lollipop chainsaw, but not for $60. Doesn't make sense to spend $120 for NCAA, LC, and another game I don't really need when I can get NCAA and LC for $85 right now.

#265 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm getting NCAA 13 already; however, I want my $30 in Pre-order bonuses.....I wonder if I can order on Sunday to get the deal?

#266 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

If this promo actually works I will be shocked! Kmart here is almost devoid of clearance games, so its probably not even worth stopping in for me at least.

#267 mrsachmo

mrsachmo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

I cannot find the deal for the 3DS with $20GC. We (parents) lost our sons 3DS, and this would be a good chance to replace. Is this deal still valid?

#268 trnjackie23

trnjackie23

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

Can't see the deal for buy 2 games 29.99 get another free?
Hm, i'll just wait until the 8th and check out the link again, planning to pick up some Vita games..

#269 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

If this promo works on ALL clearance, then I might have a reason to finally go nuts at Kmart again.;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#270 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

:360::ps3: NCAA Football 13 $59.99 - Free $10 Gift Card w/ purchase of game AND a 12 pack of Coke Zero
:360: Kinect 4GB Console Bundle - $265
:360: Kinect Sensor - $129