Michael Fassbender starring in and co-producing Assassin's Creed film

SynGamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
66 (100%)
When he's not playing a cold, conniving artificial man, Michael Fassbender is sharpening his hidden blade (and his hidden check book). Not because he's way into hidden knives (he isn't, as far as we know), but because he'll be playing the starring role in an upcoming Assassin's Creed film adaptation, says Variety.

Fassbender's company DMC Film is co-producing the film as well, teaming up with Ubisoft Motion Pictures. It's unclear which plot line of the game series that the film will follow, if any. Variety says the "plot revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret org with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artifacts," which sounds like a game revolving around Desmond to us. It also sounds like the basic root of the entire game franchise, so ... do with that what you will.

The new deal with Fassbender's DMC Film helps to put Ubi's previous Sony talks to bed. Talks last November apparently fizzled, though Ubi is still open to "re-discuss" things "once the production package is finalized." Ubisoft Motion Pictures will hire the project's director and writer before getting involved with any third parties – a response to the lackluster reception Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time got at the box office, which Ubi apparently attributes (at least in part) to a lack of creative control over its own property.

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/09/michael-fassbender-starring-in-and-co-producing-assassins-creed/

He is actually a pretty well known actor, especially after playing Magneto in that horrible teenage X-Men movie.

[quote name='Clak']He is actually a pretty well known actor, especially after playing Magneto in that horrible teenage X-Men movie.[/QUOTE]

I really liked his Magneto. Never would have pictured him in this role - could be interesting, even more interesting would be to see if this actually ever gets made.

[quote name='Clak']He is actually a pretty well known actor, especially after playing Magneto in that horrible teenage X-Men movie.[/QUOTE]

Him as Magneto was amazing. Definitely my favorite X-men movie thus far.

Ugh...I read this, think the actor is cool, but only have flashbacks of the Prince of Persia movie. Which I admit was semi-decent. I think my problem with it was Ben Kingsley was in it. Heard he was going to be in Iron Man 3. Was bad enough to see Jeff Bridges sink so low. $50 says Kingsley will be in this too.

[quote name='SynGamer']Him as Magneto was amazing. Definitely my favorite X-men movie thus far.[/QUOTE]

If that movie was just Magneto killing nazis for 90 minutes it would have won an Oscar, but then they screwed up and added all that teenage angst.

[quote name='SynGamer']Him as Magneto was amazing. Definitely my favorite X-men movie thus far.[/QUOTE]

It's probably my favorite superhero movie after Blade.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I have no clue who he is, so that'll work for me. I'd rather not have a super well known actor as the lead.[/QUOTE]

If you saw Inglorious Bastards he's the English spy who could speak German.

I loved the movie :)

[quote name='camoor']If you saw Inglorious Bastards he's the English spy who could speak German.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know who he was until I took my girlfriend to see First Class. He was amazing in that, and she pointed out that he was my favorite part of Basterds. I loved him even more after finding that out.

[quote name='camoor']If you saw Inglorious Bastards he's the English spy who could speak German.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, now I know who he is. Looked up his film credits, thats the only movie I've seen that he has been in, and I liked him in it.

He was the android in Prometheus too. I think his name was Michael or something..

That movie sucked but he was decent in it. I prefer him in Xmen First Class though

[quote name='Xevious']He was the android in Prometheus too. I think his name was Michael or something..

That movie sucked but he was decent in it. I prefer him in Xmen First Class though[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Prometheus...

DAMN YOU XEVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Xevious']He was the android in Prometheus too. I think his name was Michael or something..

That movie sucked but he was decent in it. I prefer him in Xmen First Class though[/QUOTE]

Xevious you seriously suck

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']I haven't seen Prometheus...

DAMN YOU XEVIOUS!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry...I can't fit your quote in my signature. I can only be damned so much you know...

I Like Fassbender in everything he's done so far. Including Shame, which...uh...yeah, you get alot of Fassbender in so many ways in that one.

[quote name='Xevious']Sorry...I can't fit your quote in my signature. I can only be damned so much you know...[/QUOTE]

I know you think it's funny or cute or some bullshit but it seriously sucks and you're seriously a douche for doing it. Just wanted to make that clear. Douche.

[quote name='camoor']I know you think it's funny or cute or some bullshit but it seriously sucks and you're seriously a douche for doing it. Just wanted to make that clear. Douche.[/QUOTE]

I think your holding back. Seriously...tell me how you really feel..

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Ugh...I read this, think the actor is cool, but only have flashbacks of the Prince of Persia movie. Which I admit was semi-decent. I think my problem with it was Ben Kingsley was in it. Heard he was going to be in Iron Man 3. Was bad enough to see Jeff Bridges sink so low. $50 says Kingsley will be in this too.[/QUOTE]

Ugh. No, that movie was not semi-decent. Awful, awful movie to add to a long line of awful movies based on video games. Donnie Darko was abysmal with his fake accent and stupid grinning BS. God forbid they actually get an Iranian actor who can do the stunts and make a movie that way. Freaking Disney. It was stupid, too, with the dumb Sands of Time plot. Not every movie needs to have the end of humanity as we know it.

Then again, I'm old enough to have played the original Prince of Persia on release day. Yikes.

The last Resident Evil was terrible, too.

bread's done
Back