Photo
- - - - -

White Knight Chronicles II (PS3) $16, NCAA 13 $50, F.Fantasy XIII-2 $20 (360) @Newegg

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

I played about half-way through White Knight Chronicles before giving it back to my friend so I'm definitely in for both at $16.

My understanding is that the single-player is pretty much a fancy tutorial for multi-player but there's very much a story there which is driven by dialog and cut-scenes and so forth.

From what I played of the first; it isn't Level-5 at their best by any means but at $8 a pop who the hell cares. (assuming that you enjoy that style/pace of combat)

I'm ok with a short rpg. I don't have time for the genre like I did 10 years ago. Always loved the genre but with a CAG size back log, wife and two kids....i just know better. But I'll be picking up WKC:II from best by later this week so feel free to add me. Psn: shadowkastone

Also, i thought the servers were shut down for both games?

#32 Last Epoch

Last Epoch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

Did anyone else notice there's no more 2-day free shipping? I was hoping to get my 1-year free ShopRunner from this game.

#33 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

Did anyone else notice there's no more 2-day free shipping? I was hoping to get my 1-year free ShopRunner from this game.

I got mine with my Shoprunner...

#34 DeathMoJo

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Got a copy of WKII, been looking at these for a long time and decided to pull the trigger.

Great forum for PS Vita information: www.psvitaforum.com

United States Navy

#35 Last Epoch

Last Epoch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

I've been trying to order since about 4 hours ago, and it won't appear. When did you order it?

#36 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:13 AM

Thank you much, OP. :)

#37 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Trying to exercise restraint and not buy WKC2--I'm already concerned about ever booting up some of the other JRPGs from this gen I have sitting in a pile (mainly Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2 and Star Ocean 4) and don't need to add to that pile...
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#38 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:32 AM

Snagged WKCII, thanks OP. Rented the first one and started getting in to it but sent it back due to cancelling game rental service. Getting both for 16 bucks is a no brainer.

723268.png

#39 ruibing

ruibing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Finally grabbed WKCII. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#40 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

Trying to exercise restraint and not buy WKC2--I'm already concerned about ever booting up some of the other JRPGs from this gen I have sitting in a pile (mainly Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2 and Star Ocean 4) and don't need to add to that pile...

Pull the trigger bro

Nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, can touch the wonderful smell of shrink wrap off of a 16 dollar game

Sniff
Sniff

:beer:
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#41 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

Picking up WKCII, was waiting for it to go below $20 (Amazon came so close). Thanks Op!

#42 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

Pull the trigger bro

Nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, can touch the wonderful smell of shrink wrap off of a 16 dollar game

Sniff
Sniff

:beer:

It's tempting, but I know I'll regret it if the game drops to $10 in a month or two.

#43 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

I'm tempted, but I have heard WKC is one of the worst RPGs this gen. Everyone says it is abysmal.

#44 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Ordered WKCII, thanks.

#45 killzone54

killzone54

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Thanks! I have always wanted to play WKC. Picked one up with shoprunner today, so I'm guessing its eligible again. Just in case others wanted to know. :lol:

#46 Last Epoch

Last Epoch

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thanks! I have always wanted to play WKC. Picked one up with shoprunner today, so I'm guessing its eligible again. Just in case others wanted to know. :lol:

Same here. Just picked it up with ShopRunner.

#47 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Ordered WKCII, thanks. Feels like a bargain (makes me glow with an inner cheap ass CAG pride :)) with 2 games for $16 total.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#48 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I'm tempted, but I have heard WKC is one of the worst RPGs this gen. Everyone says it is abysmal.

No there's stuff like The Last Remnant, Cross Edge, and most of the non-Disgaea NIS lineup out there.

What I played of the old version of WKC 1 last year was fine except combat was a bit slow and this new version fixes that. It's no Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, or Valkyria Chronicles, but it's just as good as Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon.

Also for those looking for FF 13-2 on PS3, GS has it on sale for $20 this week.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#49 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:35 AM

I absolutely love Eternal Sonata on the PS3. Had a lot of fun with my wife. It's definitely better than Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Vesperia just for the co-op main campaign alone. I would love to get my hands on any other jRPGs co-op games like Eternal Sonata. Waiting for any ultimate or final release of FFX 13-2 before picking that one up.

No there's stuff like The Last Remnant, Cross Edge, and most of the non-Disgaea NIS lineup out there.

What I played of the old version of WKC 1 last year was fine except combat was a bit slow and this new version fixes that. It's no Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, or Valkyria Chronicles, but it's just as good as Eternal Sonata or Blue Dragon.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#50 janesvilleninja

janesvilleninja

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

My order for White Knights 2 was voided :(
Posted Image

#51 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

I absolutely love Eternal Sonata on the PS3. Had a lot of fun with my wife. It's definitely better than Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey and Vesperia just for the co-op main campaign alone. I would love to get my hands on any other jRPGs co-op games like Eternal Sonata. Waiting for any ultimate or final release of FFX 13-2 before picking that one up.

I really doubt it'll get any of that with the way the price has fallen on it. I don't think 13 even got one, at least in the US, but I could be wrong.

#52 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

All of the Tales games have local co-op. With up to 4 people controlling the characters during combat it gets pretty crazy at times but can be really rewarding when your combos and chains work out. Also, I wouldn't expect any "ultimate version" for any square-enix game. Especially in the US.

#53 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Newegg has it for the same price with free shipping, see OP.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#54 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

Same here. Just got an OOS order cancellation notice e-mail.

#55 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Same here. Just got an OOS order cancellation notice e-mail.

Uh oh. Website still shows it as in stock. I'll update the OP if/when Newegg changes the status on their website.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#56 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:48 PM

Didn't order anything op posted but as a chef I had to pick up Order up on ps3 for $10

#57 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:49 PM

Mine shipped yesterday afternoon.

BOO! at people having their's canceled.:cry:
sudo mklove

#58 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Mine was canceled as well. I placed another order. Probably will be voided too but figured I'd give it a shot.

#59 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

Mine shipped yesterday afternoon.

BOO! at people having their's canceled.:cry:

Yeah, mine also shipped yesterday afternoon. I was a little concerned because I got my order in late. When did you guys with canceled orders put in your orders?

#60 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Mine shipped yesterday as well.

723268.png