Photo
- - - - -

Kickstarter: Ouya Video Game Console (Coming to Target, Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy)

• Please log in to reply
708 replies to this topic

#661 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Ouya just arrived 10 minutes ago.

!!!

#662 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

I just got home to mine ... I replaced the thumbsticks with 360 ones before I even got the batteries in. :lol:

Absolutely hate the battery placement but it sure made replacing the thumbsticks easier. The left one pops right off the right one you have to push to the right and pull off, getting the replacement on the right one was a bit tough. Had to pull the 'stick' to the right with a wire to get the 360 one on.

#663 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I just got home to mine ... I replaced the thumbsticks with 360 ones before I even got the batteries in. :lol:

Absolutely hate the battery placement but it sure made replacing the thumbsticks easier. The left one pops right off the right one you have to push to the right and pull off, getting the replacement on the right one was a bit tough. Had to pull the 'stick' to the right with a wire to get the 360 one on.

Good to know, I have franken-controllers at home myself. My Ouya should be waiting for me when I get home today.

#664 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

I guess whoever put vaporware as a tag can take it off now.

#665 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

I guess whoever put vaporware as a tag can take it off now.

Lol, I remember the convos got heated. Well, I do hope they can fix the menu system as it is a little laggy, also has anyone had issues getting it to connect to their wifi? I have 2 wifi access points and I could not get the Ouya to connect to either, one is strictly N and the other is legacy B-G-A. Both are WPA secured, maybe Ouya does not support WPA? Anyway had to run Ethernet to it, hallelujah hollaback.

#666 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Well, when I turned Ouya on today I was able to connect to one of my WiFi spots despite trying for 20 minutes yesterday to no avail.

#667 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Mine arrived today!

#668 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Someone please let us know about the reported controller lag issues! I cancelled my preorder based on reports of the lag.
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#669 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Awwww, I still don't have mine. :-( I haven't even received the e-mail confirming shipment yet. And I've really wanted to begin development on it. I've learned enough about Unity programming in the past year that I'm feeling much more confident of throwing something together for the OUYA.

#670 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

Someone please let us know about the reported controller lag issues! I cancelled my preorder based on reports of the lag.

Hmm, I noticed some lag-like issues with certain games, mostly DubWars but it felt like game was the issue not the controller. That said the controller has it's issues, the battery compartment placement, the D-pad, and the "O" button sticks among other issues. I will also be replacing the analog sticks with that of an OG Xbox Duke controller as they are a little short for my man hands. Hopefully I can get the Amazon App store side-loaded and Dead Trigger, ShadowGun: Deadzone probably wont work since it's not mouse cursor friendly and requires some touchscreen input just to load game but I'll try anyways.

#671 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

OUYA just arrived! I'm out of places to plug it in though :-/

#672 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:31 PM

I loaded up The Ball and it looked so bad I immediately deleted it. It was like there was no lighting/shading whatsoever ... Unreal looked better, you know the first one.

OUYA just arrived! I'm out of places to plug it in though :-/

Monoprice to the rescue! :lol:
http://www.monoprice...101&cp_id=10110

#673 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Well got Amazon App store side loaded and works fine though browsing is awkward with controller but functional. I recommend doing this since you can just easily access other apps from the store this way. Downloaded ES File Explorer and Dolphin Web Browser from Amazon app store while I was at it.

Edited by meta460085, 18 May 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#674 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ran Antutu Benchmark
Posted Image

#675 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

How's that stack up against other Android devices?

Mind telling a noob how to get on the Amazon App Store? :D

#676 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

How's that stack up against other Android devices?

Mind telling a noob how to get on the Amazon App Store? :D

On par with other Tehran 3 devices. From Ouya splash screen go to "make","software", scroll to the planet earth tile its the browser, go to WWW.Amazon.com/getappstore, click "download the Amazon appstore" button. Go back to Ouya splash screen, click "manage", "system", "advanced", scroll down and click on "storage", scroll down and click on "downloads", click on "amazonapps-release.apk and install. You now have the Amazon app store and can use it to download and install apps. To get to non-Ouya apps including the Amazon app store go to the ouya splash screen, "make", "software" and you will find all apps there. Sorry for typos and what not, typed from my celly-cell

#677 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thanks! :D

#678 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

Just an FYI the amazon App Store stopped working right, if this happen with any app clear cache and data for said app and it should work fine.

#679 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:09 AM

Anyone been able to get a USB flash drive to register as storage on theirs? I can't get a USB flash drive (fat 32 format) to show up.

I also had some issues with the wifi initially but got it working after 20 or so mins.

#680 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Well apparently you can't use a USB flash drive yet, that is supposed to come later with an update.

Also, I cracked mine open to get as this supposed SD slot only to find there isn't such a slot. Oh well, no N64 for now unless I use dropbox or something similar to upload/download.

#681 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:50 PM

Well apparently you can't use a USB flash drive yet, that is supposed to come later with an update.

Also, I cracked mine open to get as this supposed SD slot only to find there isn't such a slot. Oh well, no N64 for now unless I use dropbox or something similar to upload/download.

I'm still having some wifi issues, its forgotten the password twice now and I haven't looked closely at it yet to see where/if it has SD slot, thought it was suppose to have one.

#682 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

You just have to show it the USB drive location, you have to go up a few directories to get to it.

#683 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

I've finally started to play around with my OUYA. Being able to play internet radio while playing games is simple, but it still makes me happy.
Posted Image

#684 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

I've finally started to play around with my OUYA. Being able to play internet radio while playing games is simple, but it still makes me happy.

I remember loving custom soundtracks on Project Gotham 2 on OG xbox and at some point I stopped caring on the X360.

#685 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

USB flash drives works fine, but, they must be formatted NTFS.
Got the NES and N64 emulators going on mine; they run very well. Most of the OUYA games I've played are kinda crummy. I also like Internet radio while I play.

The controller for this thing is absolute garbage. The buttons stick like crazy, which is infuriating. The shoulder buttons aren't very good, either.
Thankfully, I can plug in my DS3 as a substitute. Can't seem to get it paired wirelessly though. I imagine somebody will figure that out.

#686 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I got one of the newer controllers with bigger button holes. You have to try pretty hard to get the buttons to stick. I'm hoping they'll send out a new right face plate to people with the first run controllers.

I kind of like the triggers, but I'm still not sure about the shoulder buttons. I'm not sure why they put them inward and right now its a little awkward.

...Yeah, the Ouya games right now all kind of suck, but hopefully that will change once we hit the official launch. They're pretty much all phone games, but the emulators make me happy.
Polarity is pretty sweet.
Posted Image

#687 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I got one of the newer controllers with bigger button holes. You have to try pretty hard to get the buttons to stick. I'm hoping they'll send out a new right face plate to people with the first run controllers.

I kind of like the triggers, but I'm still not sure about the shoulder buttons. I'm not sure why they put them inward and right now its a little awkward.

...Yeah, the Ouya games right now all kind of suck, but hopefully that will change once we hit the official launch. They're pretty much all phone games, but the emulators make me happy.
Polarity is pretty sweet.

I didn't know there was a change in the controller. Is it simply the plate that's changed? Or, are the buttons and things different? I wonder if I'd be able to open a support ticket with them or something...

#688 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

They just made the holes bigger in the plate so they won't stick. Nothing else is different.
Posted Image

#689 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Oh yeah, and the magnets. They're going to start using stronger magnets to hold it in place better. I don't know if they made that change yet or not, but one side is clearly much harder for me to get off than the other.
Posted Image

#690 meta460085

meta460085

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

Anybody else feel like the Ouya is DOA with devices like this http://www.geekbuyin...ack-315155.html coming out. I own the MK808 and after I flashed Finless Rom I love the device. The 808 is dual core and runs Dead Trigger nicely at medium settings, soon as the 908 is available on Amazon I'll give it a try but it seems like it's benchmarking better than Ouya.

Edited by meta460085, 23 May 2013 - 10:08 PM.