Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations $40 @ Amazon (PS3/360)

$40 is a great price. Dont expect this too hit $20 until Storm 3 comes out and that could possibly take till around now next year. If your a fan of the show or has some intrest, this is a def. buy

This game is great. The roster alone makes for a ridiculous amount of replay value. One of the few games I do not regret paying full price for, not to mention it was sold out at a lot of retailers shortly following release. I didn't think it would ever drop this much in price, to be completely honest. :lol:

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Which one is better? Generations or shippuden 2?[/QUOTE]
Generations by far, but it still has problems.

They tried to improve the game-play. It does fix some issues, but it's still pretty brain-dead as far as competitiveness goes. The online aspect is much better. The netcode has been improved and they've even included player match lobbies (like SSF4). There's a wealth of single player content to keep you busy for a while.. the story mode is told in the perspective of each character, who each have their own branch. It isn't that amazing though. They use pictures and video, with text and/or voice acting to tell the story. The character roster is huge, combining both pre and post-time skip characters, and they finally included Zabuza and Haku (who also have a story branch).

I wouldn't get it at this price though. They've announced and released a video of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 already. If you've played UNS2, get it at 20$.

My rankings of the UNS games: UNS:G > UNS > UNS2

[quote name='jedimario']Can anyone explain the difference in standard versus limtied edition?[/QUOTE]
It's probably this, so don't worry about it. Short print, europe only.

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']Which one is better? Generations or shippuden 2?[/QUOTE]

While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.

this. i dont even like naruto but i love storm 2. its beautiful to look at and reminds me of a naruto/asuras wrath mash up which makes sense since its the same developer -cyberconnect2-. when i first heard the main menu music i even thought it was asuras wrath music, which is a good thing. love love love storm 2. ohhh yeah, im pretty sure this game -generations- got rid of the boss battles. thats weak.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Really it hasn't been lower? I picked it up at Best Buy for 39.99 and mixed it with the b2g1 a couple of days ago.[/QUOTE]

Its an anime game. One type of game that its msrp takes a LONG LONG time to go down.

With Amazon now charging tax, what is the point? They have lost my business forever unless I see a killer deal. I would rather go to the store and get it and not wait a week for delivery.

I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...

[quote name='sukTHEfac']Unnecessary title. Jesus Christ, Japan[/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself... everytime you post I wonder what the hell "sukthefac" means.

They definitely ruined this game by taking out the adventure/running around bits. The combat is slightly improved, though, so that makes me look forward to UNS3!

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...[/QUOTE]
You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :(

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']nope, not buying until it's $10.00, it's just a fighting game now, I liked UNS 2's huge adventure mode and they took that out.[/QUOTE]

You might be waiting a while, I don't know what it is about the Storm series but they sure seem to keep their price for a rather long time... even UNS2 hasn't dropped to $10 yet from what i can tell.

I agree with most comments: Generations has a more comprehensive cast but it no longer has the open world or boss elements which were both pretty enjoyable aspects. I wish they waited a year or so so they could create a game that covers the entire story. Granted, I haven't read Naruto in over a year but I was under the impression that it was wrapping up. I'm not in a rush to get it at $40.

[quote name='TooPoor']You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :([/QUOTE]

I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome!

Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)

[quote name='Joe Fongul'] Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)[/QUOTE]

No need to price match, it has been that price $40 since yesterday at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...c=All+Categories&ks=960&st=naruto+generations

Edit: Don't forget the B2G1 at BB, makes each copy around 28 each. Maybe some CAGs should split it up on the deal

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Its seems like every single post you always hate on something. Its quite funny[/QUOTE]

lol I thought I was the only one to see that, such a hater :lol:

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome![/QUOTE]

Yes it is :)
(only in sub not dub ;) )

I love how the manga has gone full circle *cough* ninja spoiler *cough*

As far as the game, I /wrists at dub so I usually pass but played #2 and was pretty decent considering... I will pass since no 'open play'

Decided to get this. Want to get it before summer ends and I can start playing it. I would get it part of the BB B2G1 deal, but I don't really want any other games. Don't have any other of these games and want to focus mostly on online play Also have 6 dollars in points :p

bread's done
Back