Photo
- - - - -

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations $40 @ Amazon (PS3/360)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 thebert

thebert

In The Friend Zone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Just noticed on my camelcamelcamel trackings that the price dropped to $40. It's been $60 for what seems like forever! Personally, I'm waiting for $20, but maybe some will bite on this, since it takes forever for these games to drop in price.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations $40
For PS3 & 360
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0050SY6DY/

#2 Boutsisavath

Boutsisavath

I tell ya hwat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've been meaning to pick this up. Still contemplating on the price, though.

#3 DRkdragon

DRkdragon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

I am am waiting for $20 or cheaper. It's fun, but there is better out there for cheaper. Especially this summer...

#4 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

$40 is a great price. Dont expect this too hit $20 until Storm 3 comes out and that could possibly take till around now next year. If your a fan of the show or has some intrest, this is a def. buy

#5 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Can anyone explain the difference in standard versus limtied edition?

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Not too bad. Nice to see some fellow fans on CAG

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Which one is better? Generations or shippuden 2?
8-) Head BrokeAss

#8 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

This game is great. The roster alone makes for a ridiculous amount of replay value. One of the few games I do not regret paying full price for, not to mention it was sold out at a lot of retailers shortly following release. I didn't think it would ever drop this much in price, to be completely honest. :lol:

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#9 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

Great game, the roster is amazing. Can't wait for Storm 3, I am a huge Naruto fan.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#10 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Generations by far, but it still has problems.

They tried to improve the game-play. It does fix some issues, but it's still pretty brain-dead as far as competitiveness goes. The online aspect is much better. The netcode has been improved and they've even included player match lobbies (like SSF4). There's a wealth of single player content to keep you busy for a while.. the story mode is told in the perspective of each character, who each have their own branch. It isn't that amazing though. They use pictures and video, with text and/or voice acting to tell the story. The character roster is huge, combining both pre and post-time skip characters, and they finally included Zabuza and Haku (who also have a story branch).

I wouldn't get it at this price though. They've announced and released a video of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 already. If you've played UNS2, get it at 20$.

My rankings of the UNS games: UNS:G > UNS > UNS2

Can anyone explain the difference in standard versus limtied edition?

It's probably this, so don't worry about it. Short print, europe only.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.

#12 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Not a big fan of anime but love the fighting mechanics. Might pick this up. Thanks OP!

#13 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

this. i dont even like naruto but i love storm 2. its beautiful to look at and reminds me of a naruto/asuras wrath mash up which makes sense since its the same developer -cyberconnect2-. when i first heard the main menu music i even thought it was asuras wrath music, which is a good thing. love love love storm 2. ohhh yeah, im pretty sure this game -generations- got rid of the boss battles. thats weak.

While generations has more fighters, Storm 2 was great fun. Story mode in generations is just dumb picture scenes and the opening story and closing cutscene, while storm 2 is a somewhat "open world" type of story mode. Like I said if your not too into naruto, buy storm 2 for very cheap at GF or somewhere else.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#14 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Really it hasn't been lower? I picked it up at Best Buy for 39.99 and mixed it with the b2g1 a couple of days ago.

#15 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Unnecessary title. Jesus Christ, Japan

Its seems like every single post you always hate on something. Its quite funny

#16 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

Really it hasn't been lower? I picked it up at Best Buy for 39.99 and mixed it with the b2g1 a couple of days ago.

Its an anime game. One type of game that its msrp takes a LONG LONG time to go down.

#17 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

japan doesn't even like jesus..
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#18 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

With Amazon now charging tax, what is the point? They have lost my business forever unless I see a killer deal. I would rather go to the store and get it and not wait a week for delivery.

#19 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...
8-) Head BrokeAss

#20 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

Speak for yourself... everytime you post I wonder what the hell "sukthefac" means.

#21 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

nope, not buying until it's $10.00, it's just a fighting game now, I liked UNS 2's huge adventure mode and they took that out.

#22 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

They definitely ruined this game by taking out the adventure/running around bits. The combat is slightly improved, though, so that makes me look forward to UNS3!

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#23 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think I will buy storm 2 on the cheap and wait for this to drop. Since I recently became A fan of naruto, I still have rise of a ninja to finish. My favorite character thus far: Pervy Sage, who reminds me of my uncle...

You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :(

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#24 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

nope, not buying until it's $10.00, it's just a fighting game now, I liked UNS 2's huge adventure mode and they took that out.

You might be waiting a while, I don't know what it is about the Storm series but they sure seem to keep their price for a rather long time... even UNS2 hasn't dropped to $10 yet from what i can tell.

I agree with most comments: Generations has a more comprehensive cast but it no longer has the open world or boss elements which were both pretty enjoyable aspects. I wish they waited a year or so so they could create a game that covers the entire story. Granted, I haven't read Naruto in over a year but I was under the impression that it was wrapping up. I'm not in a rush to get it at $40.

#25 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

You have 489 episodes to catch up if you are following the anime. But a lot of them can actually be skipped. Oh and no new episode this week :(

I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome!
8-) Head BrokeAss

#26 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)
Posted Image

#27 cheapbrokegamer

cheapbrokegamer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

Gamestop has it for the same price for both :ps3: & :360:, with the used copies going for $37.99 ($34.20 if you have the PUR card). Now that I can get it price matched at BB, I might get this :)

No need to price match, it has been that price $40 since yesterday at best buy

http://www.bestbuy.c...uto generations

Edit: Don't forget the B2G1 at BB, makes each copy around 28 each. Maybe some CAGs should split it up on the deal
8-) Head BrokeAss

#28 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:44 PM

Its seems like every single post you always hate on something. Its quite funny

lol I thought I was the only one to see that, such a hater :lol:

I'm currently on episode naruto 137 A Town of Outlaws! A Shadow of the Fuma Clan. The anime is awesome!

Yes it is :)
(only in sub not dub ;) )

I love how the manga has gone full circle *cough* ninja spoiler *cough*

As far as the game, I /wrists at dub so I usually pass but played #2 and was pretty decent considering... I will pass since no 'open play'

#29 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

What? Amazon isn't a seller of it anymore?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#30 TheNamekianClown

TheNamekianClown

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

I'd go for it if the next game wasn't already announced...