Photo
- - - - -

Pre Order NECA Atlas Portal Gun ($139.99) UPDATE: "Shipping Soon" on Amazon, NECA

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:18 PM

Mine just came today. It's just like my Fiance's P-body one she got from Toy Wiz. The styrofoam is jacked up and the box is sealed crappily with packaging tape. NECA is clearly at fault for these. They package them like crap.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:28 PM

Mine just came today. It's just like my Fiance's P-body one she got from Toy Wiz. The styrofoam is jacked up and the box is sealed crappily with packaging tape. NECA is clearly at fault for these. They package them like crap.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You'd think they would have corrected this by now. The Chell and PBody guns had the exact same packaging issues.

#33 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

You'd think they would have corrected this by now. The Chell and PBody guns had the exact same packaging issues.

yup my point exactly. We originally thought it was Toy Wiz's fault for selling us a used item. But it's clearly NECA now as this is 2 separate vendors for 2 separate versions of the gun

#34 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

I haven't received mine yet but I wish they would have told us it was expected to ship in August instead of October. I really wasn't expecting this to arrive this week... I think I preordered some of the stands and a jumpsuit.. have those started shipping yet?

Oh and a big Fuck you too NECA for treating these "collectibles" like fucking nerf guns and acting like packaging isn't important to collectors.

#35 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

Thinking about returning mine tomorrow after it comes it was sort of an impulse buy ...I was thinking if a fellow CAG wanted to buy it off of me I would only charge the original price plus the shipping charges still enough room to sell it on ebay or something if you want to go that route .I'll add pics of the box and condition tomorrow PM me if any of you want to grab it from me I can only take Amazon Payments Or Gift Card
Posted Image

#36 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:24 AM

https://mail-attachm...gAo134&sadssc=1

I bought mine through Amazon and surprisingly they shipped it in a larger box and it came pretty much mint. I was very excited so it seems its hit or miss with how different retailers package it.

#37 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=f52bf1a7da&view=att&th=1392dab4a4f9f8fd&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=82b860b56b0cba4e_0.1&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8Tc-U4pK2JyAqsame4lk1K&sadet=1345091002804&sads=Lk5G56-hCX6w0IgV9qGdTgAo134&sadssc=1

I bought mine through Amazon and surprisingly they shipped it in a larger box and it came pretty much mint. I was very excited so it seems its hit or miss with how different retailers package it.

Yeah you can't really blame anyone other then NECA for the packing tape on the outside of the product box. I have all four variations (Chell, P-Body, SDCC P-Body and now Atlus) and that is an issue with all of them and must just be how NECA designed them.

The shipping issues has varied amongst distributers and sometimes even the distributers have been inconsistent (i.e. some purchase the P-body from Amazon and received it in a box and others did not).

I really do think though if you're going to market something like this as a collectible you should give a shit about what your customer base wants and by now there is no excuse for NECA to continue doing this.

#38 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:07 AM

Posted Image
all set for Halloween once those jumpsuits get in :)

#39 LoveLost

LoveLost

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Got mine from amazon!!! came in perfect condition!!!
Spoiler

#40 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Got mine from amazon!!! came in perfect condition!!!

you mean the gun right? I'm assuming the box was just like mine?

#41 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

you mean the gun right? I'm assuming the box was just like mine?

I consider mine (I have all four variations) to be mint because they are in as good condition as you're going to find. I had some that I've sold and seen some on eBay that the box is beat up and has shipping labels affixed to it.

You can't count the tape against the overall condition because that has been on every single one manufactured to date.

Dents, Dings, Tears and shipping labels are what I would use against a condition grade.

#42 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:40 PM

Mine arrived in horrible condition box dinged up one side was tore off 1/4 down the side I listed it on craigslist this morning $200(thought I wouldnt get that but left room to negotiate) luckily I just sold it but Fuck you Neca never a motherfucking again who the Fuck ships a $140 item in nothing
Posted Image

#43 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Mine arrived in horrible condition box dinged up one side was tore off 1/4 down the side I listed it on craigslist this morning $200(thought I wouldnt get that but left room to negotiate) luckily I just sold it but Fuck you Neca never a motherfucking again who the Fuck ships a $140 item in nothing

That's messed up. I got two and one was in a form fitting box and the other amazon double boxed.

But at least you got one; my brother preordered one on Amazon and it still is in the "not yet shipped" phase so who knows if he'll get one.

#44 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

That's messed up. I got two and one was in a form fitting box and the other amazon double boxed.

Both shipped from Amazon? WTH gives then why are they half assin on some of the orders I would have been ok if it shipped in a outer box I bought this to collect to see if it gained value down the road but the box alone was so fucked up I knew all that was gone out the window I didnt even want to post pictures of it I just wanted it the hell away from me ASAP I should hit Amazon up and get a partial for how fucked up they sent my shit out
Posted Image

#45 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

Available for preorder at Big Bad Toy Store.

I think this is the best place you can buy these at. There's this "Pile of Loot" feature (must be turned on!) that lets you accumulate preorders/orders so they can ship together, all in one big box. It works primarily as a way of saving on shipping costs but you can also use it to minimize damage to the device's original packaging if you order something with it (check the site's clearance section).

#46 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

Well mine has already made it to ebay the guy I sold it to tossed it on there Asap I see as you can tell from the pics its pretty beat up and that is the good side the bottom and back look way worse

http://www.ebay.com/...a#ht_500wt_1414
Posted Image

#47 AZR43L

AZR43L

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:59 AM

I just got my order from BBTS today. I preordered the P-Body a while ago and then the Atlas one recently. They were shipped together in one big box (used Pile of Loot). Both of them arrived with their original packaging in perfect condition (with just scotch tape along the sides from the manufacturer). They were shipped with large bubble wrap and the shipping box was even labeled "fragile." Greatly satisfied with my purchase.

#48 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

I ordered the P-Body and Atlas models off amazon prior to release and each one was shipped in a box like 1.5x bigger than the gun box itself, with just paper filling in the gap on one side.

While the security could've been better, I'd say both guns showed up in quite good shape. Only the P-body box had a slight deformation on one corner. Nothing close to some of the boxes I've seen posted here (in either thread).

#49 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Got mine yesterday. Amazon didn't put it in an outer box, which is strange because I got the other two from Amazon and both came in outer boxes. The side of the box had a gigantic hole/dent situation. It looks like a man punched the side of it but his fist didn't make it all the way through. Not a huge issue for me because I planned on opening it anyway and the gun itself was undamaged, but still.

#50 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

I live chatted Amazon about my box being severely damaged. Without me even asking for it, they refunded me $30. Amazon customer service hits it out of the park yet again!
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#51 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

Man, been trying to get a response from NECA but they seem to refuse to respond to the issue. I'm done with them. I don't plan on supporting a company that so blatantly disrespects their customers.

Cancelled the other $300 worth of merch I had pre-ordered from them for halloween. Hope it was worth it for them. Shouldn't be hard to offload the portal guns if I feel inclined to.

#52 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

Amazon cancelled my 2 replica stand orders. :(

#53 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:37 AM

Canceled the order for my stand too. Bummer. Easy enough to make one though.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#54 Clarke

Clarke

The Pretender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

Yeah, so is it cancelled or is Amazon just not carrying it?

Posted Image

#55 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, so is it cancelled or is Amazon just not carrying it?

Not sure, I ordered 2 from entertainment earth yesterday just in case they still got some.

#56 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Few people are asking about it on their Facebook. No responses yet, but I'll paste whatever I see pop up over there.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#57 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

I placed orders on two seperate AZ accounts and both got cancelled

#58 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

I wonder if neca just decided against making the stand, just like the resin companion cube that they announced over a year ago.