Amazon: Fortune Street $16.97, eligible for fsss or prime

Still quite expensive might wait!
mario

[quote name='NintendoCleveland']Newegg has had this at $29.99 for a couple of months now.

This is a good alternative for those who have credit with Amazon and/or get taxed by Newegg.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. I think I'm still waiting for sub $20 though, reviews didnt seem that great.

I picked it up a month or so ago. It's an interesting game, but it is NNNOOOOTTTT Mario Party. It's the old Japanesse series Fortune Street, and it's developed by Square Enix. It's a super involved Monopoly game, and it's very slow gameplay. It has a bad frame rate and doesn't have full overscan support, like most old Wii games, so expect a border on your LCD. I have ZERO friends who want to play this, and there's no one online.

It's a neat game, but realize what you're getting into.

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/nmwi2i/fortune-street-review

So is it really true that the dice is fixed? I read another review where he saved, rolled the dice, then quit his game. And when he would reload the game, no matter what i t was the same dice roll, meaning all the rolls are predetermined...

[quote name='BrentronD']So is it really true that the dice is fixed? I read another review where he saved, rolled the dice, then quit his game. And when he would reload the game, no matter what i t was the same dice roll, meaning all the rolls are predetermined...[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna have to try this...

I assume it is that way so that you don't cheat. Once you make a decision to roll the dice, you shouldn't be able to change the result.

Picked it up at $22.53. I've watched a few peeps online playing this via stream, and it looks like it can be a lot of fun with 4x people all playing together. Been waiting for a price drop, glad to have waited until I found one. :D

Man, 20 bucks is by far the cheapest I've seen this. I don't think I would have anyone to play this with, but I might pick it up anyways, seems like an intriguing game.

just because saving & reloading doesn't mean the dice isn't random, it just it means it isn't determined after the save point

don't be so paranoid, LOL

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Man, 20 bucks is by far the cheapest I've seen this. I don't think I would have anyone to play this with, but I might pick it up anyways, seems like an intriguing game.[/QUOTE]

This is a real good deal
Sig.jpg

You can never tell when these will keep dropping or shoot right back up. Mine already shipped at $19.xx. $17.43 must be the best price it has been anywhere yet, unless it is about to get massively clearanced to wholesalers.

This game seems interesting but unfortunately I don't have anyone to play it with and it doesn't seem that interesting as a single player game. Maybe if it hits $10 somewhere I'll buy it but more than that seems like too much for something I'll probably find cool but never really play.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Picked it up at $22.53. I've watched a few peeps online playing this via stream, and it looks like it can be a lot of fun with 4x people all playing together. Been waiting for a price drop, glad to have waited until I found one. :D[/QUOTE]

It is very fun with multiple people (and unlike Monopoly, one person isn't completely Shaq'd from the start if they don't get properties on his/her first trip around the board) HOWEVER keep in mind that it is verrry slow and there is no way to save a multiplayer game and return to it later. (A couple of times, we've ended games by declaring that whoever is ahead in x turns will be the winner.) Do keep in mind that once you get past the $5,000 mark the game picks up speed. (It's not uncommon for players to make $1000 per turn.)

Picked this up for $20 used from Family Video last year and I have no buyer's remorse. It's a fun game if you have the time.

I picked this up last night at 17.99 after tax (apparently Amazon charges us tax now...). Hadn't seen this thread originally, but glad I bit when I did!

If you missed it for $9.99 at Frys back in October, three different third party sellers (NYC Electronics, Galactics, and Budget Video Games Inc.) have it for $12.88 and are shipped by Amazon.

bread's done
Back