Duke Nukem Forever (360) $2.99 Best Buy

mikehalc

CAGiversary!
I looked around and didn't see that anybody had mentioned this yet. I've lurked around here for a while and wanted to contribute. Was in Best Buy just now in Tulsa and they had Duke Nukem Forever brand new for $2.99. I know the game isn't supposed to be good but I figured for three bucks, somebody might want to jump on that.

Is this worth three bucks and some change? I always hear people ripping this game a new hole, so I'm not sure. Saw a few gameplay videos but I still don't know. Any people on here care to give a quick personal review?

^ Yes, its not that bad of a game if you're a fan of Duke you'll over look some shit. Plus its only 3 fucking dollars. Holding out for a cheaper price?

Wow, did BB drop the price again or has it stayed this low all along?

DNF is not a great game but it's definitely worth three bucks. I beat the 360 version but I may snag the PS3 version at this price.

[quote name='GUNNM']^ Yes, its not that bad of a game if you're a fan of Duke you'll over look some shit. Plus its only 3 fucking dollars. Holding out for a cheaper price?[/QUOTE]

People are waiting until it's a dollar... :roll:

^Maybe some people think those three dollars and change could be better spent elsewhere :roll:. Anyways, thanks OP, going to pick it up if I can even find it at my local Best Buy.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']People are waiting until it's a dollar... :roll:[/QUOTE]

for free....
-

I can't believe i bought this game brand new when it came out. Most horrible thing i ever did.
The games is pretty g--g---good, but it gets boring with the repetitive gameplay like when your shooting a turret from helicopter in the desert.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']People are waiting until it's a dollar... :roll:[/QUOTE]
I'm waiting for someone to pay me to play it.

[quote name='GUNNM']^ Yes, its not that bad of a game if you're a fan of Duke you'll over look some shit. Plus its only 3 fucking dollars. Holding out for a cheaper price?[/QUOTE]

It will be free on black friday and come with a can of pepsi

Ive heard the multiplayer is actually pretty sweet and that the single player is horrible, but if you shut your brain off and play it on easy it can be a fun enough time. Ill drop $3 and if it sux that bad Ill give it to the same friend who gave me a copy of Evil Dead: Fistfull of Boomstick as a joke Bday gift a couple years back. Now THAT was funny... payback is gonna be a bitch.

:lol: People are so spoiled this gen. If something isn't teh pretty pretty shiny shiny and has the name Call Of Duty or Modern Warfare it's 'teh shit' to them.:roll:

I'll admit the load times between when ya croak and respawn suck ass, but this game is classic Duke through and through. If you're looking for a MW/COD clone then stay the hell away and go play your mainstream crap.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Just one can?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah. Because the deposit of the can will be worth more then the game.

People who bash this game or any like it piss me off... First off, you heard "this game Isn't worth the $60, more like $40"

Then those same people were like "this game isn't worth the $40 sale, wait for $30"

"this isn't worth $30, wait for $20"

"pssht, what a waste, wait for $10"

And now people are saying its not worth $3?!

Are you fucking kidding me??? You spend $3 on a damn pack of gum and drink at the gas station. Even if this game scored, say, a fuckin 4/10...$3 is a damn steal.

[quote name='jcp42877']People who bash this game or any like it piss me off... First off, you heard "this game Isn't worth the $60, more like $40"

Then those same people were like "this game isn't worth the $40 sale, wait for $30"

Are you fucking kidding me??? You spend $3 on a damn pack of gum and drink at the gas station. Even if this game scored, say, a fuckin 4/10...$3 is a damn steal.[/QUOTE]

Some games aren't worth anything. I saw it for $3 in Target, PS3 version, complete with 3D glasses. Still ignored it. The glasses might have been worth it, but this game belongs buried in a desert.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: People are so spoiled this gen. If something isn't teh pretty pretty shiny shiny and has the name Call Of Duty or Modern Warfare it's 'teh shit' to them.:roll:

I'll admit the load times between when ya croak and respawn suck ass, but this game is classic Duke through and through. If you're looking for a MW/COD clone then stay the hell away and go play your mainstream crap.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. The only thing I hated about this game was the load times. Everything else about it was great. Definitely worth 3 measly dollars.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Some games aren't worth anything. I saw it for $3 in Target, PS3 version, complete with 3D glasses. Still ignored it. The glasses might have been worth it, but this game belongs buried in a desert.[/QUOTE]
Then what the fuck are you doing here?

[quote name='GUNNM']So what's the verdict should I buy it[/QUOTE]

I want you to hold your favorite cheap food to eat or drink.
And hold Duke Nukem Forever in the other hand and decide which is better.

Hotdog with mustard and relish or that game.. DECIDE!!!!!!!!!!

it was $3 back in march for a week and I picked it up, I never opened it though, for $3 why complain about it. I mean its about the same as a mcdonalds value meal.

:lol: What I'm willing to bet is that at least half of the people crapping on this game never actually played it themselves and are just parroting what the paid reviewers or their oh so knowledgeable friends said about it.

But they'll never admit it, of course.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: What I'm willing to bet is that at least half of the people crapping on this game never actually played it themselves and are just parroting what the paid reviewers or their oh so knowledgeable friends said about it.

But they'll never admit it, of course.[/QUOTE]

Played the demo on PSN when it first came out. Trust me... Its a bad game.. I didn't even finish the demo because it was so terrible and bland.

[quote name='jcp42877']People who bash this game or any like it piss me off... First off, you heard "this game Isn't worth the $60, more like $40"

Are you fucking kidding me??? You spend $3 on a damn pack of gum and drink at the gas station. Even if this game scored, say, a fuckin 4/10...$3 is a damn steal.[/QUOTE]

This game is not worth 3 dollars. This game is a waste of anyone's time, even if free. You'd be better off playing anything else.

If you absolutely cannot resist looking at the car crash, then 3 dollars is the right price. 3 is also the right price to give it as a joke gift, as i did when buying it.

[quote name='cthomer5000']This game is not worth 3 dollars. This game is a waste of anyone's time, even if free. You'd be better off playing anything else.

If you absolutely cannot resist looking at the car crash, then 3 dollars is the right price. 3 is also the right price to give it as a joke gift, as i did when buying it.[/QUOTE]

If somebody gave me that as a gift I'd ask for the receipt

This is probably the best selling "bad" game ever. But just how bad is it? Mindjack, Deadliest Warrior or DNF? BB should offer it for free with unlocked memberships then you'd see people jump all over the subs to get the free game.:roll:

[quote name='prettycrazy']How much is the used version? 1.50? I might bite since I use my RZ to get a discount.[/QUOTE]$8
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##1##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

[quote name='mrclutch']I dont see this online.[/QUOTE]delisted they're just clearing stock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: What I'm willing to bet is that at least half of the people crapping on this game never actually played it themselves and are just parroting what the paid reviewers or their oh so knowledgeable friends said about it.

But they'll never admit it, of course.[/QUOTE]

Gotta love when people do that.Really people act like this game is the worse of this gen,which it doesn't even come close.

Hell most of the reviewers were ripping this game a new asshole just for its history.Now the game wasn't great,but I enjoyed my time with it.

No, I redboxed this shit when it came out. Its a dated , boring, pile of excrement.
That being said, $3 is a fine price if you like dated garbage.

[quote name='MunchnOnDoritos']Is this worth three bucks and some change? I always hear people ripping this game a new hole, so I'm not sure. Saw a few gameplay videos but I still don't know. Any people on here care to give a quick personal review?[/QUOTE]

i cant see the reason for you to ask some one for an opinion or review on a game that is only $2.99 (new/sealed) i think any game that some body is even just a little interested in, thats only $2.99 is worth the $3 bucks just to try it for them self. im not trying to be an ass or anything, but if you are that curious about it, its worth the $3 bucks to try it.

Defend it all you want, but it still comes down to the fact that there are HUNDREDS of better titles this generation, shooter or not, that are well worth the time and money asked. The fact that it has dropped so low in price further shows that it isn't just the gamers that have no faith in the game, but the companies involved as well.

[quote name='superhippy1986']I almost spit up my soda.. lol[/QUOTE]

if he is not joking, then that is really sad.

i didn't know that this site was called... cheap cheap cheap ass gamer.

Not only is this not a good game, but some people have backlogs the size of cities and no time to play a bad, or even a not good game according to some people calling this an "okay" game, so why waste your time on this game, when there is time to do something else?

[quote name='Alex121006']if he is not joking, then that is really sad.

i didn't know that this site was called... cheap cheap cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

Honestly we all come here for the best deals on Earth. So hey... I mean I bought Kill Zone 3 for a penny from amazon plus I had amazon prime lol

[quote name='superhippy1986']Honestly we all come here for the best deals on Earth. So hey... I mean I bought Kill Zone 3 for a penny from amazon plus I had amazon prime lol[/QUOTE]

and i have to say the truth about that........
it was worth every penny. lol just kidding. kill zone 3 was a pretty good game.

bread's done
Back