Duke Nukem Forever (360) $2.99 Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 ryanflucas

ryanflucas

Game Boy Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

I wonder if I go to Best Buy and there's 20 copies in stock at $3 each, if I can crack a deal? Maybe I'll tell the manager "I'll give you $1 for every copy you have left on the shelf". How bad do they need the shelf space?

For $1 I can give it to my cousins and still have enough left to give it to my friends AND enemies. I'll make no money on the resale of it, so I wouldn't even bother.

One year I bought 3lbs of wristwatches on shopgoodwill.com for about $20 with shipping. Then I bought a bulk set of watch batteries and opening tool off eBay for $15. That year everyone I knew got a watch as a gift. Hell, I still have 50% of them leftover.

I could be like Johnny Appleseed, except I'd be tossing out unsweetened apples. Still, an apple is an apple.

#92 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Even if a shitty game is FREE it doesn't make it worth playing. Sure you could buy Duke for $3, but the time spent playing it could be spent playing a better game. Or staring at a wall.

But it's sure worth buying & talking about in CAG threads LOL just look at the deadliest warrior thread 600 replies over 49,000 views & DNF is most likely a better game
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=323327

#93 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Has it been established that this game blows?
Posted Image

#94 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Has it been established that this game blows?

Seriously? The guy at Gamestop told me that this was considered one of the top 10 greatest games of all time. Are you telling me this game is actually bad? You'd be calling that Gamestop employee a liar.

#95 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:30 AM

At least if you get it at GS you can get the Balls Of Steel edition for $10 and get that woefully undersized Duke bust.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#96 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:45 AM

At least if you get it at GS you can get the Balls Of Steel edition for $10 and get that woefully undersized Duke bust.

Weird... That's the same thing I always hear from women. If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "woefully undersized."

#97 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Gamestop.com says the balls of steel edition is $20.

http://www.gamestop....l-edition/90268

Is the ps3 balls of steel edition ringing up $9.99 in store?

#98 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

This game actually has a pretty good and funny first hour or so from the very beginning to when you get to that one turret part. Then it just kinda falls apart from there.

So I'd recommend it if a good hour of play and a free DVD case is worth $3 to you. Hell, at this price I'm buying them as gag gifts.

#99 KidSqueek

KidSqueek

Hero of Time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

That's ummm rather cheap.... But I wouldn't even spend that much to waste my time playing it, given my huge backlog anyway. It never caught my attention.

#100 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

Gamestop.com says the balls of steel edition is $20.

http://www.gamestop....l-edition/90268

Is the ps3 balls of steel edition ringing up $9.99 in store?

The regular edition was cut from $9.99 to $4.99 for Gamestock so the Balls of Steel edition may have dropped as well. I saw one for $20 when I got my copy last weekend and didn't even think to ask about it.

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#101 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

The regular edition was cut from $9.99 to $4.99 for Gamestock so the Balls of Steel edition may have dropped as well. I saw one for $20 when I got my copy last weekend and didn't even think to ask about it.

I was in there when they first started running the gamestock and they tried it for me to see what it would ring up as, but the skus for the Balls of Steel edition are not included from what I understand.

#102 vermontffl

vermontffl

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

its worth $3 gimme a break

#103 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

I was in there when they first started running the gamestock and they tried it for me to see what it would ring up as, but the skus for the Balls of Steel edition are not included from what I understand.

It isn't unfortunately. I bought Duke at BB last year during the holiday $5 deals, it's still sealed...

#104 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

It isn't unfortunately. I bought Duke at BB last year during the holiday $5 deals, it's still sealed...

I didn't say unfortunately... but either way, I would have wanted one even though I have the regular one for 5 bucks from last year too, just to have the Duke statue. I still like the character, I still think he's funny, so it would be worth 10-15 to me to get a hold of one.

#105 Turbojugend

Turbojugend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

Amazon had the BoS PC version for $16 not too long ago, that's where I got mine.

#106 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

YMMV as its not even on BB website anymore.

Whats funny is that the only listing on the BB website is for a used copy going for 7.99 smh

It goes without saying but some of you guys are cheap as hell. LOL

#107 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

Went today and they didn't have it. Of of the gaming dept employees told me they dropped the price on it to $3 about a month ago and sold out of them then.

#108 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Amazon price match? Hahaha!
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#109 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

I goota try this game at some point. I keep missing the cheap deals though. Oh well, im sure there will be another one.

#110 demonlord6696

demonlord6696

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

2.99 is still too much for this piece of shit.

LoL :lol:
Posted Image

#111 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:15 AM

I goota try this game at some point. I keep missing the cheap deals though. Oh well, im sure there will be another one.

Ha, i actually found one or should i say several. The BestBuy in Dorchester MA had about 10. I grabbed one. God knows when ill get around to playing it though, my back log is epic.