CAGcast #290: Dyad, Ouya and More 4 Letter Words

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

The crew talks Ouya and Penny-Arcade Kickstarters, Dyad, Spec-Ops: The Line, Steam Summer Sale, Silver-Age Batman, and more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download - 1 hour 25 minutes, 51MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Get your free audiobook at Audible!

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Soulwax / Bugs Bunny PSA

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

#2 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

Ohhhhh yeeeeaaaaaa

Edited by LiK, 13 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.

63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#3 tepiddeath

tepiddeath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:23 AM

Got twelve hour might shifts all weekend, gotta stay up, CagCast is just what need. So excite. @Keleher

#4 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

I thought you were saying that buying an ipad just for the soul purpose of being a learning tool for your child to learn with was a good idea. I misunderstood. And I don't want a thorbyD in this world. Sorry Cheapy ;)

The next Batman game from Rocksteady will be a sequel to Arkham City I hope. I mean Arkham City has a ton of easter eggs eluding to the another game to follow.

Edited by thorbahn3, 13 July 2012 - 07:44 AM.

My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

:dddd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#6 serenitygod

serenitygod

on the brink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

IDK no new games no interesting sales and no good stories.
Too bad hopefully next will be btr.
Posted Image

[IMG]http://http://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/08/duck_dog_mask.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/164888.png[/IMG]

#7 ILikePopCans

ILikePopCans

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Finished Spec Ops today so I'm ready to hear what they have to say about it. Probably not good things.

#8 Deftones22

Deftones22

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

May I please have a Dyad code? =)

#9 brento

brento

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

dyad code please.

#10 spannu

spannu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I liked the discussion at the end the most. I always replay parts of the cast cause I play games and miss things and now I missed the codes! Congrats to those other two dudes.

#11 firemunkie

firemunkie

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

about the ouya console, its going to be a micro console focused on cloud gaming and small games. the console will run Android OS and have the specs of a high end cell phone. the hacking is in reference to bring able to customize your OS a you like such as running cyanogen or other custom roms. pretty much anything you can do on your cell or tablet you can do on the ouya. you can even do net flix Hulu and onlive. the hope of the creator is to get more programmers to develop better games on Android. keep in mind you will have your Android library to play on this thing and have all those free to play games. I'm looking forward to this thing and its potential. there are ton of similar devices for sub 100 just not geared towards gaming. think of this as what google TV should have been.

#12 io

io

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Well, damn, just missed the Dyad code. But, if for some reason those two don't want it or you can't get a hold of them I'll take it. Though maybe I don't qualify anyway ;).

#13 NutManIV

NutManIV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I don't really understand the ouya hype, but to each his own. If I wanted to play android phone games I would just play them on my phone. I can't see it getting games specifically made for it when the phone market is so much bigger. What would I choose as the focus of my game if I was an android dev? not this ouya thing. I also own a lot of older game consoles, and have emulators on other devices.

The device just isn't meant for me I guess.

#14 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Thank you Gaming Moses. Something to listen to while waiting in line at the Comic Con. :D

#15 AudibleFan69

AudibleFan69

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Silver Age Batman? I'm waiting for the epicly Elder Scrolls sized Batman Beyond game where you fly around and get missions from Bruce Wayne...with a side story where you can play through The Dark Knight Returns. Starring Eric Stoltz.

#16 NegativeZero

NegativeZero

CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

codes for me?

http://zerofigures.wordpress.com

"He should have those magic b!tches all over his jock" - CheapyD, CagCast #168

#17 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

Just wanted to say that the last few episodes have been fantastic.

Also, I sort of agree with Cheapy as far as a silver age Batman game. I think it'd be insanely awesome as an old school comics fan, but I feel like the darker and moodier approach to current Batman (both with Rocksteady's games and the Nolan films) gives it a broader appeal. I dunno, I could be wrong, but I can see the silver age milieu turning some people off. Either way I'm definitely interested in seeing what Rocksteady does next.

#18 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

I'd like the Frogger PSN code. :)
If its free, its for me!!

#19 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:13 PM

Note: the ad removal for penny arcade doesn't start when the kickstarter ends, it's actually for the 2013-2014 year. So the "desperation" thing wombat brought up might be a moot point.

#20 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Note: the ad removal for penny arcade doesn't start when the kickstarter ends, it's actually for the 2013-2014 year. So the "desperation" thing wombat brought up might be a moot point.

I wouldn't say moot, a site of that size should have a sense of 2013 by now.

#21 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I would like to buy an Ouya in store, considering the key selling point for me is that it is hackable. If it's supposed to be a game console, it can be turned into a rather cheap HTPC, compared to buying a new computer for $400. But you guys are right, most people won't give a damn anyway, considering they'll end up using it to play Angry Birds instead.

Batsugunner.png

#22 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Cheapy's reaction to Silver Age Batman fucking killed me....ROFL
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#23 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Can't the Ouya potentially do everything the Apple TV does and more due to it's hackability? If you felt the Apple TV was worth $100, why wouldn't the Ouya which would have better (I'm guessing?) gaming capabilities as well. Seems pretty dismissive over something that sounds like something you have already purchased...

Also, you're not alone with Batman Silver Age excitement Wombat. I'm hoping for some Batmite!

#24 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm pretty sure they don't have any trouble selling ads.

#25 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'm sure that if some other gaming website or organization had run a kickstarter with "rewards" like $500 for a retweet those hypocritical shits at Penny Aracde would have got on their high horse and done a painfully unfunny web comic about it.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#26 oregonjon

oregonjon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

As per Cheapy saying he doesn't have to sell anything - no shit, homie. Almost every single link on your site you get a cut from (pending conversion, I assume).
Wombat, you're probably right about Penny Arcade. If their media plan allows them to drop ads in a month, something fishy is up.
Both Ouya and PA are kind of contrary to the "spirit" of Kickstarter. Neither of these things need our money. Ouya was most likely funded through traditional routes before Kickstarter, and is using this for pre-sales and publicity. PA could just sell memberships like Giant Bomb if ads are such a problem.

#27 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

As per Cheapy saying he doesn't have to sell anything - no shit, homie. Almost every single link on your site you get a cut from (pending conversion, I assume)...

Agreed. CheapyD saying he would feel greedy by asking for money from us is funny. We basically give you money for every sale that goes through your affiliate links, then there are the ads you have on here, too.

Oh and Wombat, you are easily the worthless ass of the group. You have a "fuck 'em" attitude towards your listeners and your latest "joke" about autism was low and pathetic, even for you.

#28 ThomasTruong

ThomasTruong

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:09 PM

While the Steam sale isn't groundbreaking, I wouldn't say it's fair to immediately say it's lukewarm, especially on Day 1.

And while you guys have played/own a lot of the bundled games, you have to consider there's a large amount of people who DON'T have that much money or haven't been up to date with everything that's coming out. For them the deals are a godsend. i.e. I already own Saints Row 3, but even I can understand that $12.49 is a hell of a good value for that game and many who haven't been affluent enough to snatch it up will love that deal.

Devaluing the sale as lackluster in general because you already own everything you want is the same as people who always complain about Amazon Deals of Day because they either already own everything on sale or they just aren't the demographic for whatever genre is being advertised.

Just my two cents.

Edited by ThomasTruong, 13 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#29 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Dyad Code Please.

Edit: Just realized I'm late to that party. Anyway great show as always.

Edited by flybrione, 13 July 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#30 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm not sure why the Penny Arcade guys don't just do a subscription model like so many other sites. I'm guessing they don't want to offer exclusive content to a portion of their audience.

Also, Cheapy's Freudian slip of "Speaking of sex, I just got a breaking email from my mom," was pretty funny.