CAGcast #290: Dyad, Ouya and More 4 Letter Words

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

Agreed on both parts - this "Who, me?" bit Cheapy pulls is far past annoying. Anyone with half a brain knows that he makes serious coin from this site. That's the reason the site is here in the first place, to make money. Period. All of the ass-kissing sycophants that fall all over themselves endlessly thanking Cheapy for the "community" he's built can get bent. New flash - it's for the money, morons. Cheapy cares about one part of each and every one of you - the right or left index finger that clicks the mouse.

And Wombat, congratulations. You have descended from "No-talent Super-annoying Hack" to "All-out Detestable Jerkass" with your little autism "joke". And shame on you other two for going along with it. Perhaps someone ought to explain to Stewart that it's not such a good idea to make light of what can be a heartbreaking and life-crippling disorder. Maybe someone will explain it to him in person.

What an angry little man you are, from your bitter and hateful post, to your huge and embarrassing signature that looks like it was ripped straight from some god-awful Tea Party message board.

Do us all a favor and Fuck off.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#62 Don Chubo

Don Chubo

Defund NPR & CPB.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Actually, it was ripped straight from this message board.

If you want to angrily call me angry any further, feel free to PM me. We don't need to clutter up this thread by not specifically referring to the content of the CAGcast (like I was doing).

Have a nice day.

Edited by Don Chubo, 17 July 2012 - 05:19 PM.

From the Book of Deluded and/or Ridiculous, Vol. 1, page 1, paragraph 1:

Oh, any ideology has people who speak quite crassly or aren't intellectually deep. Us on the left are proud of the fact that, despite knowing we have them, we don't elect them to office or treat them as vanguards of a movement.

Should we start with Biden, Hank Johnson, Sheila Jackson Lee, and Tony Wiener and work from there? Dumbass.

Posted Image
Don't piss Mooch off.

#63 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I'd say it's somewhere between an Xbox 1 and 360 in graphics. But this is with games which are not really high budget. It wouldn't surprise me that if someone say down to actually push the platform they could do some pretty impressive stuff on it.

From what I've heard the Nvidia Tegra 3 runs at around 8-12 Gflops, The original xbox ran at about 20 gflops and the 360 at around 100.
Theirs is more to graphics than just the pure number of Gflops, I'm sure has the Tegra 3 is more efficient and has all sorts of features that the chips in older consoles lack, but without a proper GPU I would expect performance much closer to the original xbox.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#64 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Ouya and the Penny Arcade kickstarter are both a bunch of bullshit.

#65 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I think the thing about ' Ouya' is that it will be open source. I overheard some coworkers talking about all of the MAME, vcoleco, Stella, NDS, N64 games they hope show up on it.

#66 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Cheapy mentioned 3ds sales vs ds sales. I believe the 3DS sold twice as many units in its first year as the DS sold in its first year.

Looking at wikipedia it look like it took the DS 16 to sell 5 million in the U.S about the same amount of time as the 3ds, but in that time period the DS had gone through 2 holiday seasons as compared to only one for the 3ds.

Edited by itachiitachi, 19 July 2012 - 06:25 PM.

Forgive me if I have a little nuance to my worldview, and am not a black/white ideologue who can't grasp complexity.

This is perhaps the most ironic thing I have ever seen on CAG.

#67 io

io

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Cheapy mentioned 3ds sales vs ds sales. I believe the 3DS sold twice as many units in its first year as the DS sold in its first year.

Looking at wikipedia it look like it took the DS 16 to sell 5 million in the U.S about the same amount of time as the 3ds, but in that time period the DS had gone through 2 holiday seasons as compared to only one for the 3ds.

Yeah, I was thinking when he said that that the DS actually didn't get off to a great start. I remember a lot of people complaining that it didn't have any good games for a long time. In fact, the 3DS probably had a way better first year in terms of game releases than the original DS did. Everyone looks at how great it sold later in it's life cycle and forgets that it struggled at the beginning with its new-fangled touch screen "gimmick" ;). Now, I wouldn't necessarily expect the 3DS to go on to match the total sales of the DS as the DS really took off when the Lite was introduced. But still, it seems to be doing pretty well for itself.

#68 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

So, let me get this straight. The Ouya is stupid and Cheapy and Shipwreck have no idea who would be interested in it? But months ago these guys were jizzing in their pants at the thought of Apple doing the same thing. Interesting.
Let's go O's!