Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

• Please log in to reply
1108 replies to this topic

#31 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:47 AM

Does Frys do the Best Buy tactic on pre-orders and continue to charge/hold your credit card? I got one of these reserved at Buy.com, which I am not sure about. I don't want a continuous hold charge from Frys especially when nobody is 100% sure they will even honor the pre-orders to begin with. If people can still continue to pre-order this rare item after a day or two and they don't shut off pre-orders and say that this item is sold out/unavailable when their quota has been reached, then I would find this pre-order from Frys to be unreliable and I may cancel. Maybe they will send customers some sort of credit/make good compensation if they cannot fulfill their pre-order obligation?

#32 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:54 AM

I don't see it being that big of a deal if Fry's places a hold on your CC funds. It costs about $175 shipped. Unless your credit card has a credit limit of $500 - what's there to really worry about? O.o

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#33 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

If they cancel your order eventually, can't you file a complaint and get some store credit? Anybody had luck with doing this at Fry's?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#34 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Never mind. It is back because some marketplace seller is listing a pc copy for $699?

This may be getting a bump in prints. Just noticed amazon has the listing added back to the item page. For the last several months the ultimate loot chest was not even shown and now is back on the page although it can't be ordered so maybe more copies are coming to retailers.

#35 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but; what is the actual chest made of? I would guess it would never along the lines quality wise as uncharted 3 collectors edition. I just can't see paying more for this than I did my entire game system

#36 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Or maybe they just added the listing back up since it is getting closer to release and cancellations could start coming?
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#37 kklems

kklems

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Or maybe they just added the listing back up since it is getting closer to release and cancellations could start coming?

Hope so. Would love to order from amazon with free release date or 3.99 overnight shipping.

#38 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

This is a awesome CE for 150 ....and tax....

Pre-ordered and paid off with credit at Gamestop...no tax, no shipping :D

#39 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

I'm sure this has been asked and answered but; what is the actual chest made of? I would guess it would never along the lines quality wise as uncharted 3 collectors edition. I just can't see paying more for this than I did my entire game system

I believe they said it was a very hard plastic.

#40 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

It is not the actual HOLD process of the credit card that bothers many as long as you actually get the item in the end. I guess to have the funds held on an rotational cycle and then there is no absolute guarantee that they will fulfill all pre-order obligations is an concern. You could have those funds temporarily locked up and this could potentially prevent some from ordering this somewhere else. I know in a perfect world everyone should have more than a few hundred dollars credit available to their credit card or bank account, but this is called CHEAP ASS GAMER for a reason. Many people are not well to do as they are high school kids, college students or people with a ton of bills and have only a certain amount of expendable cash. They need to stretch that amount to cover the most games with the cash they have available.

#41 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

It is not the actual HOLD process of the credit card that bothers many as long as you actually get the item in the end. I guess to have the funds held on an rotational cycle and then there is no absolute guarantee that they will fulfill all pre-order obligations is an concern. You could have those funds temporarily locked up and this could potentially prevent some from ordering this somewhere else. I know in a perfect world everyone should have more than a few hundred dollars credit available to their credit card or bank account, but this is called CHEAP ASS GAMER for a reason. Many people are not well to do as they are high school kids, college students or people with a ton of bills and have only a certain amount of expendable cash. They need to stretch that amount to cover the most games with the cash they have available.

It's not a perfect world but if one were that hard up on cash and funds then in the end of the game they really shouldn't be focused on spending a $150 on a video game. Given this unique CE and how difficult it's going to be acquire one, it's not giving up too much by dealing with a CC hold. It's not ideal to have a retailer take preorders on something that will possibily end up not being fulfilled but it's the best option we have left now.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#42 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

$14 for the rental of a time machine doesn't bother me at all. I placed an order for the PS3 version.

I'm wondering though, is there any version (360/PC) that you guys would expect would be more likely for Fry's to have? I've got the vanilla PS3 version preordered at Best Buy, so all I'd really need would be the chest and the goodies.

#43 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

Anyone thinking they will walk into a store and buy this after launch day is going to be sorely disappointed.

On the other hand, these same people probably don't know the difference between the 2 special editions and will be on CAG minutes after buying the Deluxe Vault Hunter edition to tell us about the huge score they just had, lol.

while moments later furiously accusing a shop of ripping them off since the loot chest was removed from their box.
Posted Image

#44 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

WTF?

I ordered one a month ago from Fry's and they canceled it last week. What the hell is going on here?

#45 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

WTF?

I ordered one a month ago from Fry's and they canceled it last week. What the hell is going on here?

Im sure they will find more in the magical Borderlands tree. Dont worry!!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#46 EUFROM412

EUFROM412

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

I was so pissed I missed out on the preorder for this...now it's available I can't pull the trigger. I'll be satisfied with Vanilla. Or maybe I'll randomly find one a year from now at Best Buy for $29.99 haha!

You're probably not going to be that lucky. I'm gonna preorder. Worst thing they can do is not send it.

Kuruption84.png

#47 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:08 AM

WTF?

I think that says it all

#48 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

WTF?

Did they say why?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#49 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

well i ordered just for s&g and the inevitable cancelled order email

#50 bringerofdeath

bringerofdeath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:06 AM

i thought 2k was going to release more due to high demand or was that just a rumor i want one
Posted Image

#51 Soujiro_Seta

Soujiro_Seta

Restless Soul

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:13 AM

I placed an order, this is probably the best shot I even have at getting one. But I'll expect a cancellation and be pleasantly surprised if it actually shows up.

#52 oddeye

oddeye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

I rolled the die as well on this one. I missed out initially because I was at work when it was announced.

#53 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.
Posted Image

#54 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.

that pretty much caught everyone off guard... the gamestop employee said the preorder window was only open for like a week or two. i totally missed it - so i got one thru ebay and now hopefully frys will come thru, one way or another i'm gonna get one.

#55 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

Grabbed one, hopefully it will ship. The shipping is a bit high, but no tax makes the cost more palatable. I'm still kicking myself for vacillating on pre-ordering when Amazon had them in stock.

#56 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

Pre-order placed. Not holding my breath they come through...but here's hoping!

#57 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

Anyone thinking they will walk into a store and buy this after launch day is going to be sorely disappointed.

On the other hand, these same people probably don't know the difference between the 2 special editions and will be on CAG minutes after buying the Deluxe Vault Hunter edition to tell us about the huge score they just had, lol.

Dead on.

#58 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, if these are limited, there's NO chance there will be extras at Gamestop. The manager at the one I reserved mine at was commenting about how she was pissed she missed out. I'm sure she won't pass up the opportunity to pick one up if there's any left, and if they are worth money the employees will get wise to it immediately and buy them for ebay or to save.

Yup even people with gs connections will be pissed on this one.

#59 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I thought I would be able to go to the store and just pick it up without a problem... damn I was so wrong.
Posted Image

#60 RandomEarthling

RandomEarthling

Mechromancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I pre-ordered one since they don't charge until shipped.

Have they announced the quantity of this edition anywhere?