Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

• Please log in to reply
1108 replies to this topic

#61 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

Did they say why?

Shit, my bad, it was J&R... and no cancellation reason given.

#62 douglasmcc

douglasmcc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

Damn, didn't realize the demand for this was so high, or I would have ordered on Amazon.

Well, I'll prolly snatch it up if it goes back in stock at Amazon. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the base game + $10 credit.

I agree with you. I pre-purchased the loot chest edition on the first day of availability on Amazon. But, as time wore on, I ended up canceling the pre-order and switching to the regular version. Don't get me wrong - I LOVED the first Borderlands .... heck, I have a Claptrap figure staring at me right now :D However, I just couldn't justify 100 dollar difference for the chest (nice, but would become a glorified mini organizer chest after a few weeks ... heck, I have no idea where my Pandora's Box is from GOW 3 SE right now), the bobblehead (which will probably be cheap ... have yet to get a good quality bobble out of ANY special editions), and the artbook/field notebook. I would have much preferred a statue of the original vault hunters or the new crew to the chest. But, more power to those that want it.

P.S. I probably would have kept my pre-order if the chest had the swing out trays (like in the game) along with some panels to make it look like it was actually holding loot - no need for individual items, just a couple of plastic panels with a few weapons/ ammo detailed into them. Then I could have displayed the chest open and rationalized it as a display piece.

P.S.S. If anyone is buying this edition just for the chest and bobble, I would be willing to pay for the art book and field notebook/ paper collectibles that you don't want. Just LMK.

#63 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I am very skeptical that this will go through. They are still keeping pre-order reservations open and with everyone knowing how rare this appears to be, I doubt that they are able to fulfill their current reservation allotment, let alone present and future orders.

I am just hoping they will decide to comp the people who they are not able to fulfill their pre-orders when they oversell like Amazon and Best Buy have done in the past.

#64 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Wow, the preorder is still open? Fry's is really confident :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#65 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

While I did really like the first one I felt like it got kinda repetitive (even for a loot-fest) and I could never bring myself to finish it. Because of that I'm stuck between "excited" and "meh" for #2. I've read some previews and stuff but I haven't really seen much on what they're actually improving or if it's just going to feel like a big expansion pack.

I feel the same way. I had a lot of fun with the original game, liked Zombie Island, mostly enjoyed Secret Armory, never got Underdome because I heard it wasn't as good as the others... then bought Claptrap Revolution when it came out and found myself thoroughly burnt out on the game so I never finished it. Not sure I'm ready for more, especially with things as backlogalicious as they are now.

That chest is exceptionally sweet, though. Hoping it's not a genuinely limited edition and I'll be able to score one at a lower price once I'm ready for some BL2.

#66 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I feel the same way. I had a lot of fun with the original game, liked Zombie Island, mostly enjoyed Secret Armory, never got Underdome because I heard it wasn't as good as the others... then bought Claptrap Revolution when it came out and found myself thoroughly burnt out on the game so I never finished it. Not sure I'm ready for more, especially with things as backlogalicious as they are now.

That chest is exceptionally sweet, though. Hoping it's not a genuinely limited edition and I'll be able to score one at a lower price once I'm ready for some BL2.

The underdome was so repetitive... and the long rounds take an 1-2 hours each to beat... depending on your level, playing solo or multiplayer etc.... It's like horde mode in Gears, but boring as hell.

#67 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

but isn't it nice to see a actual collector's edition? These were up for idk 5 days or something like that when everyone was on this site and probably saw a topic on it.

a ME 1 size release or a bioshock 2 size release? which would you choose?
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#68 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'd like this but not willing to drop $150 on it. Besides, the wife would kill me and hide me in the loot chest.

#69 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'd like this but not willing to drop $150 on it. Besides, the wife would kill me and hide me in the loot chest.

You should play borderlands with your wife, it's ours favorite co-op game. LBP 1&2 and Hunted comes in 2nd and 3rd.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#70 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

You should play borderlands with your wife, it's ours favorite co-op game. LBP 1&2 and Hunted comes in 2nd and 3rd.

She didn't care for it. We used to play Left 4 Dead a lot as well as Rainbow Six Vegas, but since we've had our son she isn't much for gaming anymore (aside from the sporadic Kinect experience).

#71 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

The underdome was so repetitive... and the long rounds take an 1-2 hours each to beat... depending on your level, playing solo or multiplayer etc.... It's like horde mode in Gears, but boring as hell.

Hell those 20-round rooms took me like 4-5 hours to beat. I liked playing it after I max-leveled my character because it was actually a challenge when nothing else in the game was anymore.

On a related note, I still say General Knoxx is the best DLC of any game I've played this generation.

#72 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

well, not all of you would fit in the loot chest... just one very important part of you perhaps.

#73 El Toro Fuerte

El Toro Fuerte

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

Anyone know if these go through, would these or buy.com orders include the pre-order bonuses such as the Mecromancer and the golden chest key?

#74 xeroblade

xeroblade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

if you order one now, it says ship info: call for availability, at the check out.

newxerryusigdone_zpse50671f5.jpg

#75 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

Anyone know if these go through, would these or buy.com orders include the pre-order bonuses such as the Mecromancer and the golden chest key?

why not? they arent even supposed to get the game so why not add the bonuses that went along with them

#76 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

Hell those 20-round rooms took me like 4-5 hours to beat. I liked playing it after I max-leveled my character because it was actually a challenge when nothing else in the game was anymore.

On a related note, I still say General Knoxx is the best DLC of any game I've played this generation.

Maybe it did take that long, I honestly don't remember I know it was at least 2 hours for me and my buddy for one 20 round stage. Was awhile ago though, and I never want to play them again!

#77 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Oh yeah and for those who don't want Fry's and want even another option, Play Asia has the Asian Version (PS3) for preorder and will have the US versions of the PC, 360 and PS3 versions soon for pre-order. Play-Asia has been really good about pre-orders in the past, but shipping is going to be EXPENSIVE!

http://www.play-asia...d Edition).html

#78 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Maybe it did take that long, I honestly don't remember I know it was at least 2 hours for me and my buddy for one 20 round stage. Was awhile ago though, and I never want to play them again!

I only got through a couple. My buddy and I suffered through a few of them and were underwhelmed. What made it worse was that if you both went down you were forced to start over what could have been an hour's worth of gameplay. I preferred the other dlc much better and hope if they do an arena style dlc again that it's more checkpoints and more variety. (and add loot drop on kills... I need my instant gratification!)

#79 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de...42470567&sr=8-4

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the German tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 14 Euros for shipping. So 123 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more as the US version!

#80 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

Probably took me longer because I went through them myself.

#81 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Also Amazon.de ships to the US. I bought my Sonic Generations Collector's Edition from them. Not sure if 360 will be region free, but PS3 is so I'll post a link to that.

http://www.amazon.de...42470567&sr=8-4

It's listed as 129 Euros, but they take the German tax off when shipping to the US, so it comes out to 109 Euros for the game and 14 Euros for shipping. So 123 Euros for the game shipped which is $150.xx. Only a few cents more as the US version!

Man the value of the Euro must've tanked. I remember it being much closet to 2:1 on the dollar.

#82 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Man the value of the Euro must've tanked. I remember it being much closet to 2:1 on the dollar.

That was in 2008, being around 0.6. Since Mid 2011 it has been on the steady rise. So might be a good option to order from amazon.de

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#83 Ruahrc

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

but isn't it nice to see a actual collector's edition? These were up for idk 5 days or something like that when everyone was on this site and probably saw a topic on it.

a ME 1 size release or a bioshock 2 size release? which would you choose?

Honestly, I'd probably rather see a bioshock 2 size release. I buy CEs for the enjoyment of the game and CE bonuses, and not for the rarity or resale value.

I didn't preorder this at first because the price is a bit too steep. It would be a shame if it stayed so rare I never got it, but I guess that's the way it is sometimes.

#84 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

I don't ever remember the Euro being 2:1, the GBP has been. The Euro a few years ago was $1.60 to $1.00 US. Now it's only $1.22 to $1.00, which is good if you want to import the German edition.

#85 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

OOS now

#86 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

They removed listings, different than OOS

#87 Rockinjs

Rockinjs

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

And so it begins
Posted Image

#88 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Edited main post. Marked Fry's as DEAD, added Play Asia and Amazon.de

#89 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

That's how they handled some of the preorders in past. I heard that frys were one of the last ones to get these allocated.
So quite a few of these orders( if not all) should come through.

#90 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

That's how they handled some of the preorders in past. I heard that frys were one of the last ones to get these allocated.
So quite a few of these orders( if not all) should come through.

As many say on here, Link or it didnt happen.