Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

• Please log in to reply
1108 replies to this topic

#991 Neo Queen Serenity

Neo Queen Serenity

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Play-Asia has them in stock now. They are charging eBay prices though.

#992 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

My Xbox ULC weighs 6 lbs 6 oz. I haven't opened it, so not positive if it has the bobblehead or not.

God dammit. Mine weighs 5lbs 9.8oz (from JR.com). I assume I did not get the bobblehead. Son of a bitch.

The bobblehead by itself with box weighs 8.8 ounces.

Can anyone else weigh their Xbox UCLE and give the amounts?

#993 BrainpanChicken

BrainpanChicken

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

God dammit. Mine weighs 5lbs 9.8oz (from JR.com). I assume I did not get the bobblehead. Son of a bitch.

I weighed the Xbox UCLE at 6.20lbs before unpacking everything yesterday. That works out to 6lbs 3.2 ounces if my math is correct.

Guerrilla, awesome Frys stock notifier, rockstar, all around good dude, weighed the bobble head in at 0.6 lbs or 9.6 ounces.

6lbs 3.2oz minus 9.6oz = 5lbs 9.6oz or 5.6lbs. I suspect you're missing a bobble head. Sorry man.

#994 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

It seems as though the hunt is over. Called all the GameStops and all reserves have been claimed.

#995 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

I weighed the Xbox UCLE at 6.20lbs before unpacking everything yesterday. That works out to 6lbs 3.2 ounces if my math is correct.

Guerrilla, awesome Frys stock notifier, rockstar, all around good dude, weighed the bobble head in at 0.6 lbs or 9.6 ounces.

6lbs 3.2oz minus 9.6oz = 5lbs 9.6oz or 5.6lbs. I suspect you're missing a bobble head. Sorry man.

I assume that the PS3 and PC ULCE are comparable in weight since the only difference should be due to the weight in the game disc.

My PS3 sealed weighs at 6.4 lbs. (100 ounces) and my PC sealed weighs at 6.5 lbs. (101 ounces).

Can anybody report their PS3/PC weights? Thanks in advance.

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#996 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I assume that the PS3 and PC ULCE are comparable in weight. My PS3 sealed weighs at 6.4 lbs. (100 ounces) and my PC weighs at 6.5 lbs. (101 ounces). Can anybody report their PS3/PC weights? Thanks in advance.

I'll weigh my PS3 and Xbox in just a few minutes.

#997 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

So Fry's did have them after all. Nice. Thanks for posting. I mentioned it way back when but I thought Fry's had a real decent shot at fulfilling orders. Seems like folks were adament about the official retailer list being only Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon but even other retailers like JR seems to be getting these too :D

If only there was a decent shot of them not deciding to cancel someone's order and then sell them to people afterwards.

I'm glad that the people that ordered them got their copies, and it's nothing aimed at them. This is just a horrible business practice for a major retailer. Sure they sold all their copies so the sales are there, but that would have happened either way. Don't worry, this will be the last post I make griping about Fry's.

#998 atc250es

atc250es

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

I forgot to mention mine was for Xbox, and it was 6.2 lbs. It looks like you didn't get a bobblehead. Hopefully 2k will send it right away although if you wanted to keep it sealed you're screwed.

#999 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

As someone who has no interest in BO2 do you guys think the Care Package version will be as rare/valuable as this was for flip purposes?

#1000 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

As someone who has no interest in BO2 do you guys think the Care Package version will be as rare/valuable as this was for flip purposes?

I doubt it. The only difference is the care package comes with the toy, and the other doesn't.

Borderlands 2 ULC had the chest, steelbook, field notes, and whatever else that was not in the Vault Hunter's edition.

#1001 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

I doubt it. The only difference is the care package comes with the toy, and the other doesn't.

Borderlands 2 ULC had the chest, steelbook, field notes, and whatever else that was not in the Vault Hunter's edition.

And Black Ops will sell much better then Borderlands so there will be more interest.

If the Care Package Edition is OOS at all retailers by the end of September then you'll be able to make money off of it. If it comes in and out of stock up and until release then probably not.

#1002 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Nice, got an email from JR.com and they gave me a premiere club code for preordering. So check your email if you ordered from them.

#1003 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

And Black Ops will sell much better then Borderlands so there will be more interest.

If the Care Package Edition is OOS at all retailers by the end of September then you'll be able to make money off of it. If it comes in and out of stock up and until release then probably not.

There are some problems with making money off these huge editions, though. The ones that sell the highest have free shipping, and they are quite spendy to ship. You also lose out on a lot due to fees because even the MSRP is a high dollar amount, so if you are making money on it, it will end at an even higher amount. After all of that expense and deduction people will often times only make $30-$40. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1004 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

I forgot to mention mine was for Xbox, and it was 6.2 lbs. It looks like you didn't get a bobblehead. Hopefully 2k will send it right away although if you wanted to keep it sealed you're screwed.

I dont think I'm screwed. I went here and had to describe the issue, give my address, and a pic of my receipt. I should be able to keep it sealed I hope. Obviously without the bobblehead inside though which I guess was your point and yeah that does suck.

There are some problems with making money off these huge editions, though. The ones that sell the highest have free shipping, and they are quite spendy to ship. You also lose out on a lot due to fees because even the MSRP is a high dollar amount, so if you are making money on it, it will end at an even higher amount. After all of that expense and deduction people will often times only make $30-$40. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle.

If it sells out and everything goes well I can almost promise you'll make more than $30-$40 but your point remains and is definitely valid. You may very well not make enough to make it worth the hassle and fees and everything. What I'd do with a Care Package is order one and sell the extras to hopefully get the game cheap or free and leave it at that.

A safer (read: less expensive) bet would be to order some Hardened editions and hope those become rare. If they don't, cancel before they ship.

Edit: And now I'm pissed because I weighed another Xbox UCLE and the weight difference between the two I've weighed is 12.3 oz. So there is not only a missing 8.8oz bobblehead, but quite possibly something else that weighs 3.5oz...I really did not want to have to open this. After weighing a bunch of stuff, I see that the field journal + lithographs = 3.5oz...

Edited by ShockandAww, 21 September 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#1005 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

While the care package box is cool, every COD with the toy extras has been available for years after release.

This was my fear too... I imagine there will be more than enough of these. Just like all the others but they packaged this one a little better and made it *feel* more exclusive. However, the toy is probably easily mass produced and more will probably be made right after release too. I sorta feel like if I could have made money off this it would have already been sold out and thus asking that question now would be too late anyway.

#1006 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

The artbook and map are very cool and nice. The case/loot chest seems kind of shabby IMO
I couldn't care less about character skins....it sold in 10 minutes on ebay for $23.
:)

I'll never understand that.

And if you just want the toy, you could probably hold out for a better one. Although I haven't seen any of those style toys for decent prices lately, but haven't look hard anyways
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1007 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

The artbook and map are very cool and nice. The case/loot chest seems kind of shabby IMO
I couldn't care less about character skins....it sold in 10 minutes on ebay for $23.
:)

I'll never understand that.

Yeah, I put my code in and immediately regretted it. The "grenade" is worthless because it just turns your grenades into fireworks.... and the skins have already been replaced.... :( I should have just sold it and got some more money back.

#1008 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

I dont think I'm screwed. I went here and had to describe the issue, give my address, and a pic of my receipt. I should be able to keep it sealed I hope. Obviously without the bobblehead inside though which I guess was your point and yeah that does suck.

You'll have to open it. Unless you have a friend that got the same edition, there's no way around it. Here's a response I got from 2K for my Xbox 360 that weighed at 5 lbs 6 oz:

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive all of your items in the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest edition. We'll be happy to get that resolved for you, but we'll need some information first.
1) Photo of your entire receipt for the game (from top to bottom) with your email hand written on the receipt, preferably not covering any relevant information.
2) Photo of the Loot Chest with contents, accompanied by your email address in the photo.
3) Your full name and mailing address.
Once we have this information, we will get you set up with a resolution for your issue.

Signed,
The idiots at 2K

Now playing:

:ps4: Destiny
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1009 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

While the care package box is cool, every COD with the toy extras has been available for years after release.

False.

This was my fear too... I imagine there will be more than enough of these. Just like all the others but they packaged this one a little better and made it *feel* more exclusive. However, the toy is probably easily mass produced and more will probably be made right after release too. I sorta feel like if I could have made money off this it would have already been sold out and thus asking that question now would be too late anyway.

Name one COD CE that was reprinted after release or an extra (i.e. Goggles, RC-XD) that was sold seperately or reproduced.

#1010 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

You'll have to open it. Unless you have a friend that got the same edition, there's no way around it. Here's a response I got from 2K for my Xbox 360 that weighed at 5 lbs 6 oz:

Thank you for contacting 2K Technical Support. We're sorry to hear that you didn't receive all of your items in the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest edition. We'll be happy to get that resolved for you, but we'll need some information first.
1) Photo of your entire receipt for the game (from top to bottom) with your email hand written on the receipt, preferably not covering any relevant information.
2) Photo of the Loot Chest with contents, accompanied by your email address in the photo.
3) Your full name and mailing address.
Once we have this information, we will get you set up with a resolution for your issue.

Signed,
The idiots at 2K

Jesus christ. Figures.

#1011 The Burnin8or

The Burnin8or

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Nice, got an email from JR.com and they gave me a premiere club code for preordering. So check your email if you ordered from them.

Don't know if it was mentioned yet or not but I got a premiere club code email from my Fry's order as well.

#1012 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

False.

Name one COD CE that was reprinted after release or an extra (i.e. Goggles, RC-XD) that was sold seperately or reproduced.

Well, if not reprinted then obviously they just didn't sell well because they're still all over the place... World at War CE: Amazon, BO CE: Amazon

#1013 Mikocouch

Mikocouch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

Well, if not reprinted then obviously they just didn't sell well because they're still all over the place... World at War CE: Amazon, BO CE: Amazon

not sure if serious...

#1014 sengar

sengar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Play-Asia has all 3 versions of the US ULCE in-stock at a gouge-tastic price of $299.

#1015 Rasen

Rasen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just practicing basic economics.

#1016 Fadikun

Fadikun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

My German PS3 version just shipped from Amazon.de via DHL! I hope it doesn't get stuck in customs!

#1017 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:21 PM

Jesus christ. Figures.

The dumbest part about that is that if someone was going to try and screw them out of an extra bobblehead, they would simply make sure that it wasn't in the picture they sent. Making you photograph the contents of the box accomplishes nothing from a loss prevention perspective.

#1018 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

The dumbest part about that is that if someone was going to try and screw them out of an extra bobblehead, they would simply make sure that it wasn't in the picture they sent. Making you photograph the contents of the box accomplishes nothing from a loss prevention perspective.

I don't understand how this happens. If they make 50,000 CE's (ULCE DVHE) then they would need 50,000 bobble heads.

Obviously the people who are missing contents are going to be more vocal but even if 2% are missing the bobble head that is 1,000 bobbleheads unaccounted for. How the hell does that happen?

Did someone in production stash away thousands of bobble heads?

Have they made an official response/statement? I hate that they are making people jump through hoops. SEGA had it right when all you had to do was submit at ticket using the unique CE DLC in the AVP Hunter Edition. They (2K, Gearbox) should just have the buyer register by submitting the DLC code into the website.

#1019 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

not sure if serious...

It's a bad example for sure, but COD CEs do go on sale. They get real cheap even, if you get lucky. COD CE's become uncommon, while this loot chest I'd describe as Rare, if not like Super Rare.

Examples from CAG:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=318900
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=310788
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299472

So they do drop. But I couldn't find any price cuts that were like $99 or $79.99 or anything. So it's full price or hope you find a copy instore.

And I think his point was that they don't jump up in value like the B2 CE is doing and will most likely stay. At most they(COD CEs) stay at retail value, if not cheaper.

Posted Image

#1020 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:20 PM

No we have idiots on this site that because they found a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a backwoods Kmart assume that it has widespread availability. I would be willing to be money that less then .5% of the Black Ops CE's are still available from reputable retailers (not 3rd party Amazon sellers or marketplace sellers on eBay or buy).

Also because Best Buy sold out of them and then found stock and sold them at a rediculous clearance price (which lasted only a matter of minutes to hours) doesn't mean it is a deal that can be replicated.

The problem with CAGs is they assume that the lowest price an item was sold for is the only price they should pay.

It is just stupid to sit and say they the WAW, MW2 or BO CE's are widely available. If that is the case please link to one real retailer (best buy, toys r us, kmart, sears, newegg, walmart, target) that shows inventory.

And if you're not able to get more then MSRP you either don't know what you're doing or you limit yourself to domestic transactions.