Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition Now at International Retailers for Preorder

• Please log in to reply
1108 replies to this topic

#1021 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

It's a bad example for sure, but COD CEs do go on sale. They get real cheap even, if you get lucky. COD CE's become uncommon, while this loot chest I'd describe as Rare, if not like Super Rare.

Examples from CAG:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=299472

So they do drop. But I couldn't find any price cuts that were like $99 or $79.99 or anything. So it's full price or hope you find a copy instore.

And I think his point was that they don't jump up in value like the B2 CE is doing and will most likely stay. At most they(COD CEs) stay at retail value, if not cheaper.

I just skimmed over that old thread I had posted about the Blops Prestige Edition. What a glorious day. Sadboy's "time to hoard this bad boy" post made me really laugh out loud just the way he was responding and all lol. Good times bud :D

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#1022 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

The discussion started with somebody asking if the BO2 Care package might be worth as much as the ULC. Clearly that has been answered, not a chance it will be worth double its MSRP.

The mentions of clearances and things like that are simply to illustrate that these are items that have never typically sold out at MSRP. I mentioned a Target outside SF still having BO CEs because obviously if it was a sought after item, it wouldn't take over 2 years to sell them all. I'm pretty sure San Francisco isn't considered backwoods but maybe you know something I don't.

So black ops has been out for over two years? :roll: I didn't realize it was already November...

I bet you that the call of duty franchise has sold more CE's then any current gen franchise.

And yes it won't go for double MSRP because it will have a much larger production run but I would not be surprised to see it sell for $250-$300 and perhaps more to international buyers.

The nice thing about these CE's is if you don't want to resell them for profit they are very very very easy to piece out so you end up with the game or the game and steelbook for free (or close to it) after unloading the DLC and other items.

#1023 kwenlu

kwenlu

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

I got my 360 ULC from Frys today, bobble head and all! Never received a premier club code though.

#1024 nemesis-kidd

nemesis-kidd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Nice, got an email from JR.com and they gave me a premiere club code for preordering. So check your email if you ordered from them.

Thank you! If I didn't see your post, I never would have known. The email went to my SPAM folder.

I received my package from J&R today. I live in NY, but it still took 3 days. I used the free shipping option which was sent via UPS Surepost so had to wait for Post Office to sort and deliver.

Word of warning of packaging from J&R. Outer shipping carton that was used is the Take 2 brown carton, meaning that there was no cushion/bubble used. J&R used gray packing stretch wrap around the outer carton. Package arrived with all 4 corners crushed. All contents are intact. Only disappointment is disc was loose inside with multiple scratches. Seems to play fine for now.

#1025 DanteWarrior

DanteWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Anyone who ordered from Frys missing bobble head or any other stuff?

#1026 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

Huge YMMV but I just got back from the Microsoft Store in my neck of the woods and they have 4 Ultimate Loot Chests just sitting in the back of their store. My friend who works there said they were told not to put them out and to only sell them if someone asks about them.

Check your local Microsoft Store people! Sadly I'm currently unemployed and couldn't justify spending that much money, no matter how badly I wanted it.

Thanks for the tip! Checking out the Microsoft Store didn't even cross my mind. So I called the South Coast Plaza store in Cali first thing yesterday morning and reserved the last 2 ULCEs for Xbox. What's better is that the total price came up to $290 after taxes. I thought it was a price error. But after checking the receipt, it was 10% off the total for some reason. Not complaining though! :whee: Now I need to make sure that the bobbleheads aren't missing. :pray:

So for those of you who have an MS store nearby, it might be worth it to take a look.

#1027 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

Thanks for the tip! Checking out the Microsoft Store didn't even cross my mind. So I called the South Coast Plaza store in Cali first thing yesterday morning and reserved the last 2 ULCEs for Xbox. What's better is that the total price came up to $290 after taxes. I thought it was a price error. But after checking the receipt, it was 10% off the total for some reason. Not complaining though! :whee: Now I need to make sure that the bobbleheads aren't missing. :pray:

So for those of you who have an MS store nearby, it might be worth it to take a look.

That exactly what my friend said who worked there. No one thinks to go to the Microsoft Store (they're not doing well).

I think you got the 10% off because they do 10% orders over $150 or something.

#1028 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

That exactly what my friend said who worked there. No one thinks to go to the Microsoft Store (they're not doing well).

I think you got the 10% off because they do 10% orders over $150 or something.

Yup, I figured that I got the 10% off for spending at least over $100 or something. Anyways, I remember going to this MS store last year and seeing all of the games at MSRP or at least higher than other places and thought to myself that this would be the last place to buy games. But for something as limited and in demand as the ULCE, this store bailed me out!

#1029 onnotangu

onnotangu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

Did anyone order a Loot edition from Best Buy and did you actually get your game? I pre-ordered mine and have been getting the run around since Tuesday that my copy either doesn't exist or has been sold to someone else.

I have talked to a store manager but they have been little to no help. I even talked to corporate and they can't even find the loot chest edition in the system.

latest update from the manager was to offer me a vault edition which is not what I paid for.

#1030 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yup, I figured that I got the 10% off for spending at least over $100 or something. Anyways, I remember going to this MS store last year and seeing all of the games at MSRP or at least higher than other places and thought to myself that this would be the last place to buy games. But for something as limited and in demand as the ULCE, this store bailed me out!

95% of the time everything is MSRP and that blows, but they tend to have some pretty decent pre-order deals. Last year if you pre-ordered Gears 3, MW3, Halo Anniversary or Battlefield 3 you'd get 10 bucks off instantly plus a $20 giftcard if you came to the midnight release and a bonus $20 giftcard if you came to all 4 midnight releases.

TLDR: MS Store pre-orders are awesome, everything else blows.

#1031 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

It was you!!!! You bastard I tried calling south coast plaza all morning but there phone was off the hook or something I couldn't get a hold of them till noon or so. They said that a customer reserved 2 of them and that you had until 6 to pick it up. I called at 6 and they were still there so he put my name down for 1. Got a phone call a minute later stating that they were both sold. Fffffffuuuuuuu.

#1032 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

So, I ordered this from Frys and it shows fulfilled by them, but no tracking number. Is this normal?

EDIT: My XBOX 360 order came in this morning. :)

Edited by opportunity777, 22 September 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#1033 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

It was you!!!! You bastard I tried calling south coast plaza all morning but there phone was off the hook or something I couldn't get a hold of them till noon or so. They said that a customer reserved 2 of them and that you had until 6 to pick it up. I called at 6 and they were still there so he put my name down for 1. Got a phone call a minute later stating that they were both sold. Fffffffuuuuuuu.

Sorry! ;) I wish there were more left so you could've had one. The last 2 I got - one for me and one as a Xmas gift. I also called the store when they opened at 10 am. I also got the busy tone. I tried for the next half hour but couldn't get through. So I called the Mission Viejo store, asked about the ULCE (which was OOS) and told the rep to call the SCP store to tell them that I couldn't get through the phone. So when I called the SCP store a minute later, I finally got through. I think it was around 10:45 am. Anyways, I got to the store around 5:30 pm and left 10 minutes later. The inventory was probably not updated by the time you called at 6.

#1034 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Cracked open my DVHE last night, man, that art book is next level.

On another note, I'm normaly indifferent about flipping/flippers, but shame on those who bought them and immediately gouged the prices through the roof. I saw an ad on Craig's List the day before the game came out asking $400. This wouldn't happen if people didn't buy them but some poor soul actually loves the game that much he'll allow himself to get suckered. Anyway...sweet art book though!

#1035 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Digital Foundry has done a technical comparison for this game.
In summary PC > 360 > PS3

http://www.eurogamer...ands-2-face-off
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#1036 Rainman

Rainman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Sorry! ;) I wish there were more left so you could've had one. The last 2 I got - one for me and one as a Xmas gift. I also called the store when they opened at 10 am. I also got the busy tone. I tried for the next half hour but couldn't get through. So I called the Mission Viejo store, asked about the ULCE (which was OOS) and told the rep to call the SCP store to tell them that I couldn't get through the phone. So when I called the SCP store a minute later, I finally got through. I think it was around 10:45 am. Anyways, I got to the store around 5:30 pm and left 10 minutes later. The inventory was probably not updated by the time you called at 6.

Eh it's ok. Seems like your going to keep them and not flip. Enjoy the loot chest fellow CAG.

#1037 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

We know there is stuff misssing from the ULC but has there been reports of missing items from UVHE?

#1038 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

Anyone who ordered from Frys missing bobble head or any other stuff?

Mine had everything included!

#1039 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:47 PM

Lol, sorry I don't keep up with terrible franchises, but close enough. I realize you're here just to argue, but since you forgot what we were talking about, this is where the discussion started:

[/I]

If you don't keep up with terrible franchises then why are you in a borderlands thread?

Sorry had to say it, considering you are calling one of the best selling franchises of all time terrible. Yet you are in a thread about a game who's first iteration was repeatitive and overall very lackluster. I couldn't even finish the single player and got the zombie island dlc thru gamesharing and didn't even touch it. Even got BL for free from PS Plus and still haven't gone back to it. It just didn't draw me in and got boring after a few hours. Fallout NV is better on so many levels.

Is call of duty groundbreaking? Not so much anymore, but borderlands as a franchise doesn't hold a candle to COD. Borderlands hasn't done anything innovative or that hasn't been done better in the past. COD revitalized the FPS with COD 4 and every version since then has attempted to add new stuff.

Call me a fan boy but I'll take COD 4 over Borderlands 1/2 all day long. Thus this is why I will wait a few months and pick the loot chest up after the overhype dies down and is under 40 bones. Paying anything more than that is ridiculous. If it never reaches that price then oh well, Ill pick up the vanilla when it hits $10 to give it a whirl.

#1040 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

If you don't keep up with terrible franchises then why are you in a borderlands thread?

Sorry had to say it, considering you are calling one of the best selling franchises of all time terrible. Yet you are in a thread about a game who's first iteration was repeatitive and overall very lackluster. I couldn't even finish the single player and got the zombie island dlc thru gamesharing and didn't even touch it. Even got BL for free from PS Plus and still haven't gone back to it. It just didn't draw me in and got boring after a few hours. Fallout NV is better on so many levels.

Anyone who has spent more than a few minutes with both games would realize that Fallout and Borderlands are totally different games and comparing them is pointless. They share a player perspective and they have a loosely similar post apocalyptic setting, aside from that they're totally different games.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1041 The Dude 419

The Dude 419

Maybe tommorrow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

Anyone who has spent more than a few minutes with both games would realize that Fallout and Borderlands are totally different games and comparing them is pointless. They share a player perspective and they have a loosely similar post apocalyptic setting, aside from that they're totally different games.

Exactly

#1042 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

Cracked open my DVHE last night, man, that art book is next level.

On another note, I'm normaly indifferent about flipping/flippers, but shame on those who bought them and immediately gouged the prices through the roof. I saw an ad on Craig's List the day before the game came out asking $400. This wouldn't happen if people didn't buy them but some poor soul actually loves the game that much he'll allow himself to get suckered. Anyway...sweet art book though!

Yeah but now my personal copy is free...that's cheap ass gaming!
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#1043 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

Is call of duty groundbreaking? Not so much anymore, but borderlands as a franchise doesn't hold a candle to COD. Borderlands hasn't done anything innovative or that hasn't been done better in the past. COD revitalized the FPS with COD 4 and every version since then has attempted to add new stuff.

Call me a fan boy but I'll take COD 4 over Borderlands 1/2 all day long. Thus this is why I will wait a few months and pick the loot chest up after the overhype dies down and is under 40 bones. Paying anything more than that is ridiculous. If it never reaches that price then oh well, Ill pick up the vanilla when it hits $10 to give it a whirl.

You want some carne asada fries

#1044 Fear No Darkness

Fear No Darkness

So say we all!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

This whole post is a joke right?

How many fanboys does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

10, 1 to do it & 9 to complain how much better the 1st one was.

#1045 oldboy26

oldboy26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

This whole post is a joke right?

this is why we have hundreds of standard cod type fps games because for some reason, a unique experience like Borderlands is considered lame and repetitive while a game that has fundamentally not changed in a decade is considered cream of the crop. Luckily we have great minds to strive to make gaming special instead of just going for the easy bucks all the time.
Posted Image

#1046 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

game is sweet. Havent touched rest of loot chest yet.
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1047 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hm. Everyone in here is now bashing on CoD because some troll wanted attention.

Time to close this thread, I guess.

#1048 HellMark

HellMark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for the MS store recommendation. Was able to walk in and get the last two (one for my brother and I) with the 10% discount. Had no idea these were going to be so limited. Thanks again!

#1049 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:06 AM

Thanks for the MS store recommendation. Was able to walk in and get the last two (one for my brother and I) with the 10% discount. Had no idea these were going to be so limited. Thanks again!

Which store?

#1050 HellMark

HellMark

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Palo Alto in Stanford Shopping Center.