Anyone lose a PSN game you paid for?

gossamer

CAGiversary!
I bought the Borderlands bundle last year when it was $14.99. My nephew tries to play it this week and it says it is expired and no longer available. In the PSN store, the Ultimate Edition isn't marked, the regular edition is marked in cart(of course it isn't in it), but all the add-ons are marked as purchased. It is even listed in my transaction history as Borderlands Ultimate Edition. I emailed them and hopefully they can fix the problem. Anybody else have any issues like this?

i feel you bro...you need to call sony..and explain the situation..and then you will get credit after weeks of investigation...

They were able to verify the purchase in the transaction history and have no clue why it isn't in the download list. Now I have to first contact Take 2 games to see if they can issue a replacement voucher before Playstation support will try something else.

And it's gone. No replies from Take 2 and Playstation support couldn't just add it to my account even though they were able to verify I bought it. All they could do was refund my $14.99. Doesn't do a lot of good since the bundle was on sale and is now the full 29.99. Oh well, guess I will just buy something else.

well atleast they have refunded you...unlike me i havent heard from there and well i'm going to have to call them tommorow...

Nice, at least you got your dough back. I know you get screwed on videos. My friend bought some a year or more ago and deleted them to save space. Tried to download them again but nope. They just don't do that. Dunno if that's changed but he lost a decent amount of money for some batman/street fighter motion comics.

if the add-ons are marked as purchased, can't you just redownload the stuff through the store rather than through your download list? maybe I'm reading it wrong

[quote name='shadowkast']if the add-ons are marked as purchased, can't you just redownload the stuff through the store rather than through your download list? maybe I'm reading it wrong[/QUOTE]

The add-ons were marked, but the full game wasn't. What good are the add-ons without the full game? But now the original purchase was basically wiped off the record with the refund. I was hoping the add-ons would stay and I could just buy the basic version for only $5 more, but no dice. I'm not too upset though. My nephew played it more than me and I could always just wait for it to be on sale again, either PSN store or retail.

I had the same problem with Assassins Creed Ii Deluxe Edition.

It got rediculous how many emails and phone calls it eventually took, but in the end I convinced them to refund the discounted price, AND give me a credit so I could re-buy it and the regular price again.
Took over a month though. Wouldn't do it again.

I wasn't going to go through the hassle of trying to get more from them. I took the refund and spent it on Quantum Conundrum. I got lucky and a few days later the Borderlands GOTY was on sale at amazon for $20.

I went through this with the exact same game a couple of months ago. Bought the full bundle for $14.99 but never tried to play it until much later. When I finally did try it was "expired". Transaction showed full game purchase but DL history showed only the add-ons. Was able to get only the $14.99 refunded, no credit to rebuy the full package again at current price. I bought a used copy of the base game thinking that it should work with the add-ons but I haven't tried yet with that (my backlog is monstrous) now I'm worried since you said yours dissapeared afte the refund.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't buy ACII Complete a couple of months ago when it was on sale, after reading all of the problems people are having with it. I came very, very close to buying it.

[quote name='todrigo']I went through this with the exact same game a couple of months ago. Bought the full bundle for $14.99 but never tried to play it until much later. When I finally did try it was "expired". Transaction showed full game purchase but DL history showed only the add-ons. Was able to get only the $14.99 refunded, no credit to rebuy the full package again at current price. I bought a used copy of the base game thinking that it should work with the add-ons but I haven't tried yet with that (my backlog is monstrous) now I'm worried since you said yours dissapeared afte the refund.[/QUOTE]
Did you check and see if the base game is further down on the list of your downloads? If you downloaded a 60-minute PS+ demo of it a long time ago, for example, then it might show up on the download list at the time that you downloaded that demo, since the demo file is the same as the full game file in that case. I've noticed some cases, where I've downloaded a demo a year or two before buying the full game, where the Full Game Unlock shows up near the top of the list, and the demo download shows up near the bottom of the list, so I'm thinking maybe a variation of this happened to you.

bread's done
Back