Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) -- Ongoing Sales

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4193 replies to this topic

#3061 joebootoo

joebootoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I understand it, I just don't agree with it. The biggest problem with "niche" titles is name recognition. And my point is that they aren't going to get it when they've priced themselves out of the market. This game isn't any more niche than any other board-game-to-iOS-port (Catan, for example), but they aren't going to push into the market any more with their current price-point.

I think the developer painted themselves into a corner in this case. They put this app out and gave a time limit that it would be half price and promised when raised it would never drop again. Now they are considered assholes if they drop the price and considered idiots if they don't. Personally, I am impressed that they've stuck to their word this long. Must be awfully tempting to get that huge influx of cash.

#3062 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

PLEASE NOTE: Ghostbusters™ is free to play, but charges real money for additional in-app content. You may lock out the ability to purchase in-app content by adjusting your device’s settings.

The App Store REALLY needs another category for shit like this. Paid, Free and Free with IAP. Free with IAP is NOT free.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3063 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Banana Kong is a lot of fun. Just wish it had iCloud saving.

#3064 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I think the developer painted themselves into a corner in this case. They put this app out and gave a time limit that it would be half price and promised when raised it would never drop again. Now they are considered assholes if they drop the price and considered idiots if they don't. Personally, I am impressed that they've stuck to their word this long. Must be awfully tempting to get that huge influx of cash.

Yep, I think this assessment is probably fairly accurate.

#3065 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Looks to be a pretty interesting game. With mechanics in game to obtain crystals.

Add me and I'll water your tree! Hotbread.

Haven't tried it yet but I was browsing AppZapp and users had given it something like 7 thumbs down and 0 thumbs up, not very promising but you never know.

#3066 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Played a bit and like it, but then I minimized it, did something else and went back to it and it started me over at the character creation screen so I lost my progress! Frustrating.

Oh, haha, you have to input your email and password to get progress saved. Works cross device too.

#3067 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Haven't tried it yet but I was browsing AppZapp and users had given it something like 7 thumbs down and 0 thumbs up, not very promising but you never know.

There are some bits that are rough around the edges. Things like miss spelling or odd wording making it obvious that some non-english speaking dev made this. Though the concept is pretty interesting with some good social aspects.

It's another one of the "dragon vale" variant, but offers deeper gameplay, I think. For one, you can wage war against other players. And the fact that you can use an "in-game obtainable" premium currency (other than gold) to make shop purchases. The "in-game obtainable" sold me. :)

#3068 4est

4est

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:01 PM

Some Gravity Falls episode codes

Spoiler

#3069 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Some Gravity Falls episode codes

Spoiler

All gone :(

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#3070 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I dunno.. I've been playing Puzzle and Dragons and am totally addicted. But that's me... :-)

#3071 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

got it too, nice!

#3072 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Anyone tried crafted battle?

#3073 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

got it too. now to do some reading to see its full potential. im excited.

#3074 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

Looks like it plays a whole bunch of arcade games from the late 70s-early 80s. Not sure what the legality of that is, but here is some discussion on the app: http://forums.toucha...ad.php?t=176097

#3075 xXI SPECTER IXx

xXI SPECTER IXx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

thanks snake. i gave up. i radther use the emulators I already have. good concept though. my king of fighters 98 rom didnt work.

#3076 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I don't really want to deal with figuring it out right now but just taking notes for later, this guy on neogaf has been saying "Compatible with most (all?) of the 0.139u1 romset." If that means anything, should be easy to google.

#3077 Jon Bon

Jon Bon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Solid snake, do you have a good source for .139u1 that you might be able to PM me?

Bart: You are my guest, and I am your host. What is your pleasure? What do you like to do?
Jim: I don't know... play chess... screw...
Bart: Let's play chess.

#3078 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Thanks, got it! I'll muck with the roms later, but if anyone has any interest get this now before it gets pulled!

#3079 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

It has its own thread but iTunes are on sale at Best Buy. $100 -> $85. Sometimes it'll go 25% off and only around Christmas will it go higher than that.

#3080 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Solid snake, do you have a good source for .139u1 that you might be able to PM me?

Not really, I did a search and there are torrents of them but I didn't download any.

Looks like the developer of Dungelot has finished the new version of the game and now just adding achievements. He put the PC version on facebook for people to try/test. PC http://www.dungelot..../dungelotPC.zip MAC http://www.dungelot....dungelotMAC.zip

Edited by Solid-Snake-Eyes, 27 January 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#3081 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I grabbed Gridlee but I expect it will suck without an actual joystick and buttons but it's still fun to mess around with. I'll try adding ROMs later...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3082 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Just read that Dungelot is free, haven't confirmed it myself.

#3083 spsummers

spsummers

Sic Semper Tyrannis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Just downloaded it, thanks been waiting on this one.
Posted Image

#3084 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Confirmed. :D

#3085 yourlefthand

yourlefthand

Daddy Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Downloading now, thanks!

#3086 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

I'm a boob, bought Dungelot for $2 the day it went up from 99 cents, played it for like 2 days til I learned the developer was basically redoing the whole game so I set it aside to wait for the update... now it's free. It's still worth $2 but I wish I had waited.

#3087 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Got dungelot too, almost paid for it two days ago. Thanks!

#3088 tamagoyorokobi

tamagoyorokobi

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I'm a boob, bought Dungelot for $2 the day it went up from 99 cents, played it for like 2 days til I learned the developer was basically redoing the whole game so I set it aside to wait for the update... now it's free. It's still worth $2 but I wish I had waited.

This is my exact situation haha

fss_overall.png
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Triple Town (PC)

3DS FC: 5069-4010-9757

#3089 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Gridlee is AWESOME! I just got the TMNT arcade game up and running with full emulation and sound!

Go download it now before Apple pulls it!

#3090 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Now where to find roms ... there are a WORLD of Roms out there ... a WORLD ... Roms ... world ...

Clever. ;)